Chelsea v Swansea

Jase

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gomis has been fantastic for them. We need to stop him and get the ball off him somehow. He draws so many of our players, and yet retains the ball. Pressure him and get in front of him. He is the centerpiece of their damn offense and is killing us just with his amazing hold up play.

Costa is a machine though.

Get in Diego you beautiful man! couldn't of scored at a better time. We go into HT with our tails up and they go in disappointed. Now its time for Jose to earn his money and sort the issues out. Come on chelsea!!

People have been screaming for more attacking football but refuse to understand that that means we'll naturally be more vulnerable at the back. Some on here just don't understand the mechanics of football at all.

Not this vulnerable though; in every game so far we have been there for the taking on several occasions. I wanted more attacking football because we were too defensive before, but that doesn't mean I want us to play without balance in midfield and allow teams acres of space in front of our back 4.

People have been screaming for more attacking football but refuse to understand that that means we'll naturally be more vulnerable at the back. Some on here just don't understand the mechanics of football at all.

when Matic is back in the zone, eating opponents for breakfast, we'll look much more stable, but never like last season.

He'll come there, I'm sure he will, he's one of our key players and I think we'll look much better defensively when he's finally on his best again. He's like a thermometer in the team, but regardless of when he regains his best form and enters beast mode, we won't be as solid defensively as last season because the system changed, there's no way to keep that defensive solidness and have more attacking football employing only 11 players. Some of them won't have as much defensive contribution because they're too busy contributing in the attack and there's so much running up and down they can do... I think Matic is also feeling this - we all know stamina has never been his forte, but hopefully he'll be able to keep up and find the balance.

Not this vulnerable though; in every game so far we have been there for the taking on several occasions. I wanted more attacking football because we were too defensive before, but that doesn't mean I want us to play without balance in midfield and allow teams acres of space in front of our back 4.

I agree. Expect Ramires to come on to provide more balance.

Now Ramires in for Oscar, Cesc on a more advanced position and Willian/Remy in for Schurrle and Chelsea should win this one. Come on Chels

Think Schurrle should be subbed, not Oscar... and maybe for Willian, but Rami would do