Chelsea v Swansea

Jase

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a good test for us ahead of a couple of very important weeks. Swansea have provided tough opposition for us in the past so we will need to be on top of our game to get the result we need. If there is even a slight worry over Costa I would not play him. Give Remy the start and let him show us what he's got. (which is hopefully a hat-trick on his debut!!) Our squad should have enough depth to beat what will be a very resilient Swansea side.

Com'n you Blues and make it 12 from 4 :blue scalf:

PS.. F@cking hate these international breaks :rant:

If not careful could see this becoming a Sunderland/West Brom game again like last season. Especially international break with basically every single player on duty and a couple like Costa injured. I would take a scrappy 1-0 like last season.

Costa

Hazard - Oscar - Schürrle

Matic - Fabregas

Azpi - Terry - Cahill - Ivanovic

Courtois

Remy for Costa if the former is not fit enough to start but other than that I don't see a reason to make any drastic changes. Players like Luis, Zouma, Salah etc. will get their chances in the next few weeks either way with the amount of games we've got coming up so no point trying to get them settled in a game as important as this one. Swansea have been brilliant so far and we've got to do really well to beat them.

I can't wait for this after the colossal bore that is the international break.

This is actually the last Chelsea match I'll be able to watch at home for a while as I move out to go to uni next week so will be nice to sit down with my Dad and brothers, hopefully our team can get the right result; this is by no means an easy match though.

As I've been saying all year, win or lose doesn't matter I just enjoy watching this squad play week in, week out.

We're at the Bridge, Swansea like to play football and do it well they'll come out and try to build on the momentum they've started with. I just can't see that being a successful game plan knowing what we have in our side. They put one over on Utd in week one(no big task), snuck a win over Burnley at home, and gave West Brom a lesson also at home. In all fairness they beat teams that were poor or in Utd's case still figuring shit out... I can't imagine a scenario where Jose allows them to dictate the tempo of the game at the Bridge and as a result I can't seeing Swansea being very effective sitting back and waiting for opportunities to exploit. Their strength is in possession and so long as we attack with purpose(which we've been doing to great effect) we should win this game.

Look for Costa to start, play about 70mins and make way for Remy.

Not much variation from the Everton game but Oscar comes back in for Ramires.

Feeling like we should win 3-0.

Bring it on. Swansea are a really decent side and I don't think for one second we will under estimate them at all. Jose will have the lads mentally and physically prepared and I can see it going the same way as the Leicester game......tough 45 minutes and then get a goal and kick on from there.

If Costa is looking dodgy then don't risk him, play Remy, he knows this league and I wouldn't have any worries about him at all.

Without discarding Swansea completely I honestly think we will be far too strong.

Swansea have played well this season, particularly with Routledge and Dyer providing a pacey counter. They've also got Sigurdsson who has been in good form and has been providing assists, especially when on the counter.

This will be a difficult match as the majority of Swansea's players have had the chance to rest over the international break, whereas our players have not. They've also had the chance to prepare for this match over the space of 2 weeks, which will surely have given them some extra time to home their tactics.

I'll go for a 2-1 or 2-0 Chelsea win, but it will be difficult and I can see Routledge or Dyer scoring one on the break if we're not careful!

The brazillians are already back :o, thought they would join in on friday.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25qs3b_headlines-courtois-signs-new-5-year-deal-hd_sport

Returning on Friday wouldn't of been beneficial even though Thursday would of been a little lighter session with them returning.