Filipe Luís

Jase

I think him not getting the no. 3 shirt is a tribute to Ashley.

I do doubt that. probably, as someone said before, someone else has laid claim to that.. though if we don't reassign 8 I would be more inclined to agree.

--

I find it interesting now that the Club are announcing fee agreements prior to official signings. we've been craving for better information from the club, it's a good new trend, let's hope it won't backfire one day.

I do doubt that. probably, as someone said before, someone else has laid claim to that.. though if we don't reassign 8 I would be more inclined to agree.

--

I find it interesting now that the Club are announcing fee agreements prior to official signings. we've been craving for better information from the club, it's a good new trend, let's hope it won't backfire one day.

he said in the video in the previous page that he couldn't take #3 shirt after Cole just left and called him a legend. I think it was his decision.

he said in the video in the previous page that he couldn't take #3 shirt after Cole just left and called him a legend. I think it was his decision.

yeah but at the same time, I don't feel he'll get 100% of the choice involved. it's a commercial decision of the club too, players with 1-11 will generally generate more sales. Of course exceptions exist like 25 and 26 for Zola and Terry respectively.

Seriously, just read the full interview transcript TOPTB posted above. Lesson in how to convey your ambition and confidence while remaining respectful and humble; he mixes a bit of steel with a bit of silk. Impressed by his manner already.

In the interview he also explains that Brazilian World Cup '94-winning defender and Deportivo La Coruña legend Mauro Silva is his idol. Mauro Silva wore #5 and while he was a center back, Filipe still jumped at the opportunity to grab that shirt for himself at Chelsea.