Filipe Luís

Jase

Age is simply a number, his performance is what matters. Look at JT, he's getting better with age.

Think the point was rather that Luis is likely only to give us 2-3 years of service before we have to go out and spend on another new LB (assuming if there's no from the academy that Mourinho likes to play at LB). Hence why some preferred the club to spend on buying Shaw because he can be the No.1 LB at the club for the next 10-15 years. For all we know, we might have to spend another 15m or more to get our next LB to replace Luis, which if add up with Luis' fee equals to the amount United paid for Shaw.

And anyway, Luis will be 29 y/o next month. His contract will expire when he's 32, not 31.

There's a five-foot 16 year old who's been playing in our pre-season games, kept a clean sheet each half he's played. :ph34r:

Think the point was rather that Luis is likely only to give us 2-3 years of service before we have to go out and spend on another new LB (assuming if there's no from the academy that Mourinho likes to play at LB). Hence why some preferred the club to spend on buying Shaw because he can be the No.1 LB at the club for the next 10-15 years. For all we know, we might have to spend another 15m or more to get our next LB to replace Luis, which if add up with Luis' fee equals to the amount United paid for Shaw.

And anyway, Luis will be 29 y/o next month. His contract will expire when he's 32, not 31.

I think you don't know how to make counts anymore, Jay, lol

He's going to play his first season with 29, his second with 30 and his third with 31. How come he'll be here when he's 32?

I think you don't know how to make counts anymore, Jay, lol

He's going to play his first season with 29, his second with 30 and his third with 31. How come he'll be here when he's 32?

:lol: No Barbara.

Yes, he's 28 y/o at the moment since his birthday is in August but he is basically 29 this year no? So yeah, his contract does expire when he's still 31 in June 2017 but he'll be 32 that year. I may have confused you because I generally just add a year to everyone's age once we enter a new year, even if their birthday is all the way in December, just to make things easier.

:lol: No Barbara.

Yes, he's 28 y/o at the moment since his birthday is in August but he is basically 29 this year no? So yeah, his contract does expire when he's still 31 in June 2017 but he'll be 32 that year. I may have confused you because I generally just add a year to everyone's age once we enter a new year, even if their birthday is all the way in December, just to make things easier.

:blink:

Your brain works in a VERY weird way...

I wish he'd get rid of that long hair.

Did u make that wish when David luiz was here? bullet would have been flying all over the place at the moment u made mention of it. We want him to make proud and deliver not deliver his hair[emoji4][emoji2][emoji6][emoji12]

Yes, because it's perfectly normal to call a 31 year old 32 just because his birthday is later that year! :lol:

:doh:

I call that person 32 because he will be 32 in that year anyway even if his birthday is in December.

You clearly have issues if you think that's even weird.

So in January he'll be 33? :clown:

Are people really gonna make a fuss out of this? :doh: :doh: :doh:

In the year Luis' contract expires, he'll be 32 no? Yes, when the contract expires in June, he'll still be 31 since his birthday is in August but how is it even weird to just say he's 32 when we enter 2017? But if people want to go all specific/official, then by all means go ahead and think I'm weird.

:doh:

I call that person 32 because he will be 32 in that year anyway even if his birthday is in December.

You clearly have issues if you think that's even weird.

Except he won't be 32, he'll be 31. So, by your logic, this coming January, less than a month of him actually turning 29, he'd be 30?! :lol:

Are people really gonna make a fuss out of this? :doh: :doh: :doh:

In the year Luis' contract expires, he'll be 32 no? Yes, when the contract expires in June, he'll still be 31 since his birthday is in August but how is it even weird to just say he's 32 when we enter 2017? But if people want to go all specific/official, then by all means go ahead and think I'm weird.

You're the one making the fuss out of it! Barbara said that we're continuing with our policy or one year contracts for players over 30 and you went out of your way inventing an aging system that no one but you in the world uses just to try to argue otherwise :lol:

Come on, Jayjay, that's a very sad way to try to make a point.

I read somewhere he took the number 5 as tribute to somebody! I will check and give u guys the name!

It's Mauro Silva. He said in the interview with CTV. It's on the previous page if you wish to see it. Great interview, btw.

I was under the assumption Luis would turn 29 on his, er, 29th birthday. :Goober:

Nope. He's gonna be 29 soon, so we'll just say he's 29.

Just like Costa will be 26 in October, so we'll just say we bought a 26 year old striker.:ph34r::ph34r: