Diego Costa

Spike

There's the thing, we could maybe take Benzema over Costa but neither of them are ideal. Should we splash out a hefty sum of money for someone who we already know is not the right mold? It's like buying a shoe one size smaller just because you like the design - still hurts like bitch to walk in them.

For the record, I'd take Costa over Benzema/Balotelli.. he is nuisance to play against but he'd be playing for us, he'd distract the CBs. Like Ibra told in his book - there are no nice guys in football, when it's time to play it's all business and everything is allowed.

And who do you propose?

We clearly aint getting Cavani and there is no better option in the market..

Come off it.

He's exactly what we need imo. Imposes himself, doesn't take any shit and will dominate most defenders.

Spot on.

He's an absolute menace and yes, a total cunt. He's like the Mourinho of players. You hate him unless he's on your side.

He's just the kind of physical striker we need. I'm warming to him more and more. Used to be iffy on him and would still have Cavani over him, but I would be delighted if we signed him.

Tell me the similarities between them outside their physical atributes.

That is the main part of both players' game. Where was Drogba at Lukaku's age?

He deserves one season in the first team with a fair amount of playing time. If he fails to deliver, best to sell him on.

Please don't tell me you guys hate him now because he scored that pen and knocked us out? HE IS THE EXACT PLAYER WE NEED. You see he worked his socks off and actually a really clever player(sometime too clever turning into a little bit of a prick) but overall he is a great striker and one which can help us do what Atletico Madrid is doing this season.

He deserves one season in the first team with a fair amount of playing time. If he fails to deliver, best to sell him on.

If we play him for one season and fails we might not even get the money we spend on him.

No, you got me wrong. I don't want Lukaku sold. I want him in the squad, I wanted him in the squad this year. But I think it's unfair to compare him with Drogba... Lukaku will have a different style from what Drogba had IMO and saying Lukaku is the closest thing to DD is putting enormous pressure on him and creating expectations that won't be filled. Not saying Lukaku won't be a terrific striker, because I definitely think he will, just don't think he'll be one that holds up the play and links with others the way Drogba did... I see him as more of a poacher or a guy that will thrive on couter-attacks.

Costa/Lukaku is a terrific partnership anywhere in this world.

No, you got me wrong. I don't want Lukaku sold. I want him in the squad, I wanted him in the squad this year. But I think it's unfair to compare him with Drogba... Lukaku will have a different style from what Drogba had IMO and saying Lukaku is the closest thing to DD is putting enormous pressure on him and creating expectations that won't be filled. Not saying Lukaku won't be a terrific striker, because I definitely think he will, just don't think he'll be one that holds up the play and links with others the way Drogba did... I see him as more of a poacher.

Costa/Lukaku is a terrific partnership anywhere in this world.

Ok mate. I am just comparing them as they offer similar things. Their physical presence is what Chelsea have thrived under. That is what we have been missing since DD left.

I really don't want him, his face is so annoying it almost makes me puke. I know he's good but I'd rather get Cavani/Mandzukic or Balotelli.

His face makes you puke but you want Balotelli/Mandzukic :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: