Diego Costa

Spike

Havent watched la liga so cant really make an objective assessment, but over the 180 mins ....not good enough. Got balls though, fronting up JT couple of times

Just like Messi, Cavani, Ibra, Robben and 'insert great players who couldn't score against us here'. Dude he won a pen, scored and was a handful. What did you expect? Him scoring a hat trick against us, one of the best defensive team in Europe?

Ok mate. I am just comparing them as they offer similar things. Their physical presence is what Chelsea have thrived under. That is what we have been missing since DD left.

For his size, Lukaku isn't as physically imposing as Drogba was but then again one thing he does have over a prime Drogba is his pace for his size. Drogba was great at holding up the ball, beating defenders in the air, just a proper complete forward, matched with his very underrated technical skills. Lukaku is more like prime Torres, very good when he has spaces to run into and a very good finisher. Not as complete as Drogba.

He'll (Lukaku) be a very good 2nd choice striker for us next year because he's ideal to bring off the bench against tired legs and also can play with another man upfront, behind him.

Havent watched la liga so cant really make an objective assessment, but over the 180 mins ....not good enough. Got balls though, fronting up JT couple of times

dude. 180 mins of suarez in the PL? he sucked. 180 minutes of messi in the semi, he sucked. he is not going to face JT-GC over the season. he would be quite good in breaking down defences. in pretty clinical and would improve us massively.

Just like Messi, Cavani, Ibra, Robben and 'insert great players who couldn't score against us here'. Dude he won a pen, scored and was a handful. What did you expect? Him scoring a hat trick against us, one of the best defensive team in Europe?

I cant judge over couple of games, but didnt see anything better than what we have. Not sure if hes a bit too much of a moody cunt as well

I'll have nothing but respect for a player that does everything to defend his team's colors and badge. He might not be most elegant CF out there, but at least he is a team player and a warrior and he'll do everything for his coach and his teammates.

He is the Mourinho version of a football player - hated by 90% of Planet Earth, but very good at what he does. Of course he'll score against Chelsea if he is given the opportunity - what did you expect him to do? score an own goal or miss that penalty because he knows he is wanted by 70% of Chelsea fans?

I wanted him here and now I want him even more.

I cant judge over couple of games, but didnt see anything better than what we have. Not sure if hes a bit too much of a moody cunt as well

No you can't and that is why you shouldn't. Even if we have played Madrid I doubt they would have destroyed us with CR7 getting a hat trick or if we played Barca Messi either and they are both still top 2 players in the world atm. He isn't moody it is his character, we need to accept that. Btw for a starter he never drifted out of the game, have we seen any 10 mins period where he doesn't get involved with something? Even in the 1st half he was a constant threat and had a couple of shots too blocked.

dude. 180 mins of suarez in the PL? he sucked. 180 minutes of messi in the semi, he sucked. he is not going to face JT-GC over the season. he would be quite good in breaking down defences. in pretty clinical and would improve us massively.

Possibly. Have you watched him in Spanish games ? Pretty impressive record there, I am underwhelmed so far.

No you can't and that is why you shouldn't. Even if we have played Madrid I doubt they would have destroyed us with CR7 getting a hat trick or if we played Barca Messi either and they are both still top 2 players in the world atm. He isn't moody it is his character, we need to accept that. Btw for a starter he never drifted out of the game, have we seen any 10 mins period where he doesn't get involved with something? Even in the 1st half he was a constant threat and had a couple of shots too blocked.

You could be right. Lets see what the board/Mourinho think, as its only opinions at the moment, and like arseholes we all have them

He is one ugly son of a bitch. No doubt about that.

Still reluctant to spend £50m on a player with only one good season under his belt. Rather we went for Cavani.

Agree, (apart from the Cavani bit). I am really cautious after Sheva/mutu/sutton/fernando the wonderhorse.

Its like having a load of on the face of it, attractive girlfriends only to find out theyve all had botox, sillicone tits, and dont actually fuck anyway

FWIW if there's any (that's remotely attainable) striker I would get over Costa it'd be Cavani or Benzema - and they're both very unlikely at the moment. Costa is our best option available and he's a very good one at that too.

Yep. Benzema's finishing is awful and I don't see Mourinho going in for him. Cavani is unattainable.

Costa is the best option out there. He was very impressive tonight

Yep. Benzema's finishing is awful and I don't see Mourinho going in for him. Cavani is unattainable.

Costa is the best option out there. He was very impressive tonight

I wouldn't say Benzema's finishing is 'awful' but it certainly is very inconsistent. He'll score the impossible, and miss sitters. Kinda like how Suarez used to be. I think as he matures he'll definitely be more consistent with it though. The ability is definitely there.

But yes, Costa had a good game in my eyes too. Lead the line very well, never stopped running, moved well into the channels, won a penalty and took it very well. His £35-40m price tag is decent as well. I wouldn't be unhappy with his signing at all.

Possibly. Have you watched him in Spanish games ? Pretty impressive record there, I am underwhelmed so far.

yup. he definitely is a lot better when playing with a 2nd striker. his best phase of the season came with playing alongside villa. once villa got injured, he had a bit of a wobble but ATM during that phase were poor too. so dont really know who was to blame there.

he is a pain in the ass. that would be the best way to describe him. he simply keeps plugging thru and somehow finds a way to affect the match. his workrate is phenomenol and he is a willing worker. not very technically skilled, but have to say, takes his chances with both hands.

he WILL make us a better team. give us that physicality up ahead that we so crave at the moment. him/mandzukic would be a good fit in my opinion.

Benzema is miles better than Costa lol. Far more rounded player.

Benzema might be one of the most naturally gifted strikers out there but he has nothing on Costa because of his finishing and inconsistency. Like Skipper said, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, he scores an amazing goal but misses sitter after sitter. And that's what makes Costa a better striker. He puts in consistently good performances and scores more goals than Benzema, who plays for a more talented team.