Diego Costa

Spike

DEFENSE in the Premier League is much tougher.

That's a myth, the only top defence in the premierleague is ours, and Costa won't be facing them.

City's is ok, Arsenal's is sometimes solid but other times all over the place, Liverpool and Spurs defences belong on the comedy channel and as for the bottom half teams..................

PL defences were at there best tactically between 2005-2009, ever since 2011 the defensive quality has declined rapidly.

That's a myth, the only top defence in the premierleague is ours, and Costa won't be facing them.

City's is ok, Arsenal's is sometimes solid but other times all over the place, Liverpool and Spurs defences belong on the comedy channel and as for the bottom half teams..................

PL defences were at there best tactically between 2005-2009, ever since 2011 the defensive quality has declined rapidly.

Yes but teams will sit deep against us and Costa in spain scored most goals against open defences. Hell he wont have such space here available. Thats only reason I question Costa buy. Maybe we should throw another 10/20m and get striker who can do about everything (unfortunely no one is available).

And if City gets Mangala, they will have realy good defence, unless Mangala flops big time.

Since you are speaking, PL defences were much better in past indeed. Cech, Riccy, Terry, Cole; Saar, Rio, Vidic, Evra,.etc...those were amazing defenders, but the fall isnt just in premier league. Other leagues are weaking too, there is no Puyol, Salgado, Helguera in spain anymore or Thuram, Blanc in france. Every year, we are having worse and worse defenders, even so called best in world ala Luiz, Hummels, Ramos, Pique (lol) etc can be real flops on their day more often than not. Cannavaro, Terry, Puyol etc had much more competition in past. They were equal to each other but if any of those was playing now; he would be best defender in world by miles. Worth 100m if Luiz is 50. Saddly the quality has lowered and I hope Mou finds quality CB prospects (I hope Zouma can be that guy) that will lead our defence in future because finding realy good and proven CB nowdays is impossible.

Yes but teams will sit deep against us and Costa in spain scored most goals against open defences. Hell he wont have such space here available. Thats only reason I question Costa buy. Maybe we should throw another 10/20m and get striker who can do about everything (unfortunely no one is available).

And if City gets Mangala, they will have realy good defence, unless Mangala flops big time.

Since you are speaking, PL defences were much better in past indeed. Cech, Riccy, Terry, Cole; Saar, Rio, Vidic, Evra,.etc...those were amazing defenders, but the fall isnt just in premier league. Other leagues are weaking too, there is no Puyol, Salgado, Helguera in spain anymore or Thuram, Blanc in france. Every year, we are having worse and worse defenders, even so called best in world ala Luiz, Hummels, Ramos, Pique (lol) etc can be real flops on their day more often than not. Cannavaro, Terry, Puyol etc had much more competition in past. They were equal to each other but if any of those was playing now; he would be best defender in world by miles. Worth 100m if Luiz is 50. Saddly the quality has lowered and I hope Mou finds quality CB prospects (I hope Zouma can be that guy) that will lead our defence in future because finding realy good and proven CB nowdays is impossible.

Athletico did face packed defenses last season, they were further ahead in team development so found a way nine times out of ten compared to seven for us. And us struggling vs those defences owed to us making awful decisions in the final third more than how good the defenses were, hopefully with Cesc, Costa and the rest a year older that won't be as bad an issue next term.

Im not saying other leagues haven't declined defensively aswell, but I do believe that the PL don't have the best collective defensive units either, 2nd place Liverpool shipped 50, 6th place Spurs lost 20-1 overall to the top two and 4th place Arsenal conceded two 6s and a 5 away against the teams above them.

The questions we all need to ask ourselves is: "Does Costa have that 'Killer Instinct' inside of him"? Was this season of his a one time thing or does he really have that 'Scorer' trait?

I am not sure he does. He will have to do a lot of proving.

The questions we all need to ask ourselves is: "Does Costa have that 'Killer Instinct' inside of him"? Was this season of his a one time thing or does he really have that 'Scorer' trait?

But did you die?

Darude - Sandstorm.

That is not a myth.. The style of play is different in England. Most team focus on defending more than attacking unlike the situation in Spain. I do agree that PL defences have declined rapidly though.

but I don't understand why you doubt this so prematurely. when falcao and cavani had consistent numbers all I remember seeing was 'why didn't we get him sooner' etc.

This time we've got a striker who we got early before we had to pay those Cavani/Falcao numbers.. can't have it both ways.

This is just getting annoying now.

Pre season begins in 48 hours. What on earth are we waiting for?

Sign him officially.

I dont know if atletico are stopping the transfer till they get a replacement but now its just got too delayed.

Show him holding up a chelsea shirt a cobham.

Sign him officially.

I dont know if atletico are stopping the transfer till they get a replacement but now its just got too delayed.

Patience is a virtue.

Sign him officially.

I thought the players who played in World Cup come later in Pre Season..