Diego Costa

Spike

Sounds like the Mandzukic deal will be done today after reading some Spanish reports. Let's see if this triggers our deal for Costa to be completed.

pic.twitter.com/VXpujzQiQm

We've already agreed to a deal with Atletico. At this point, the only thing left is agreement between the club and the player. The deal may very well be announced today, but I don't think it's really dependent on Mandzukic.

Sounds like the Mandzukic deal will be done today after reading some Spanish reports. Let's see if this triggers our deal for Costa to be completed.

pic.twitter.com/VXpujzQiQm

That's a HUGE deal financially for Atletico. If you compare our income to theirs, Mandzukic would be a bigger financial commitment to them than Torres is to us! A lot of pressure on his shoulders.

That's a HUGE deal financially for Atletico. If you compare our income to theirs, Mandzukic would be a bigger financial commitment to them than Torres is to us! A lot of pressure on his shoulders.

How did you come to that conclusion? Mandzukic is costing around £18m. Falcao was £35-£45m and you can argue that it's being paid for by the Costa sale. They are in the top 20 for biggest revenues in football and they are moving to larger stadium from 2016. Pretty sure they can comfortably afford Mandzukic.

How did you come to that conclusion? Mandzukic is costing around £18m. Falcao was £35-£45m and you can argue that it's being paid for by the Costa sale. They are in the top 20 for biggest revenues in football and they are moving to larger stadium from 2016. Pretty sure they can comfortably afford Mandzukic.

I think his judgement based on this information.

Yeah, Jake Cohen as mentioned above.

He's probably on vacation, there's no reason for him to interrupt his vacation to run some medicals... also he's expected along with Cahill at July 20th (to check in) and to train at the 21st. We'll probably announce him close to that date, on Saturday or even Sunday. I don't think he could fail some medicals (although Valdez just did).

I don't think the numbers are the problem, as Pasalic and Zouma didn't have numbers, did they?

He's probably on vacation, there's no reason for him to interrupt his vacation to run some medicals... also he's expected along with Cahill at July 20th (to check in) and to train at the 21st. We'll probably announce him close to that date, on Saturday or even Sunday. I don't think he could fail some medicals (although Valdez just did).

I don't think the numbers are the problem, as Pasalic and Zouma didn't have numbers, did they?

There's a lot of evidence out there from reputable sources that Costa already took his medical before the World Cup, so we're just waiting for that announcement!

Yea. I would expect an announcement then. Didn't Costa already complete his medical? And we have word from Chelsea there's an agreement, what's the rush? Lol.

About that last bit, Zouma and Pasalic won't be expected to start and weren't major signings. Costa will be our starting #9. Number is more important for him, I think.

Yea. I would expect an announcement then. Didn't Costa already complete his medical? And we have word from Chelsea there's an agreement, what's the rush? Lol.

About that last bit, Zouma and Pasalic won't be expected to start and weren't major signings. Costa will be our starting #9. Number is more important for him, I think.

some people implied we haven't announced him yet because his fave numbers - 19 and 9 - are already taken and we could be possibly waiting to decide on Ba's and Torres' situations in order to announce him, what doesn't seem reasonable imo...

some people implied we haven't announced him yet because his fave numbers - 19 and 9 - are already taken and we could be possibly waiting to decide on Ba's and Torres' situations in order to announce him, what doesn't seem reasonable imo...

I doubt that's why. If anything he'll probably take 17 if neither of those guys leave. Hoping one leaves though so he can have a strikers number.

I don't buy this. many players interrupt their holidays to sign a contract. why did Fabregas, Sanchez, Shaw etc? I feel there is more to this than a simple 'he doesn't want to interrupt his vacation'

I really don't think it's because of the number thing. Hazard was announced without number allocated iirc.

I don't buy this. many players interrupt their holidays to sign a contract. why did Fabregas, Sanchez, Shaw etc? I feel there is more to this than a simple 'he doesn't want to interrupt his vacation'

he's in the middle of nowhere in Brazil... remote areas and all where his family is from (last I've heard anyway, he could have gone somewhere else).

If the agreement with Atletico is a done deal, and it was announced we reached the release clause, I don't see another issue - unless he has some physical issue that would stop the transfer. Then why would Atletico have signed Mandzukic if it wasn't a done deal?

I don't see any concerning reason for this delay.