Starting XI for Next Season

nono

If we signed Cavani it means we have to played with two up top for the majority of our games and I simply can't see that happening. Jose won't suddenly make 4-4-2 our main tactic, nothing in preseason has even suggested that. It's not happening people.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we signed Cavani it means we have to played with two up top for the majority of our games and I simply can't see that happening. Jose won't suddenly make 4-4-2 our main tactic, nothing in preseason has even suggested that. It's not happening people.

We signed Costa for £32m to be our main man. Mourinho wouldn't sign a striker like Cavani who is likely to cost more to then rotate the two. Costa is the main man and I don't think he has the intention of rotating Costa for every other game and he certainly is not going to play 2 up front like you said so I don't even think Cavani is a possibility for Mourinho. He will be at PSG unless some other club makes a ludicrous offer for him.

IF Cavani were to join us....

Costa

Cavani

Hazard Willian

Matic Fabregas

Luis Azpilicueta

Terry Cahill

Costa

Schurrle

Hazard Willian

Matic Fabregas

Costa

Hazard Oscar Willian

Matic Fabregas

Cavani

Hazard Willian Schurrle

Matic Fabregas

The amount of possibilities is absolutely freakish! And those are just formations made up of starting eleven players. Our quality on the bench with Van Ginkel, Ramires, Drogba, Salah, Romeu.possibly Baker and Chalobah. Not to mention the discussion about Oscars and Cescs position between the pivot and the No.10 spot. And Cesc could also be utilized as a false nine. Damn, this team would be ready for chasing the fucking treble. Game on!

That's a big 'if'

Courtois/Cech

Iva Gary JT Luis

Cesc Matic

Schurrle Wil Hazard

Costa

Guess this will be the fixed 11, with Azpi rotating between lb and rb, Iva the rb and cb positions. Rami will start the big games instead of Willian/Schurrle.

I'd like to see

Tibo

Azpi - Cahill - JT - Luis

Matic - Fabregas

Schurrle - Hazard - Willian

Costa

I just do not believe Oscar is the man to play the #10 role. Since Mata left, he has had one good game (against Arsenal) but no other comes to mind. A long way to go from the finished article, and always looks kind of nervous in possession.

Ever since Andre Schurrle came to Chelsea he has impressed me. Think if we give him the starting time along with Fabregas and Matic playing quick balls from midfield and he could get over 20.

Costa is the perfect striker for us because as a front man he does everything. He runs into channels, drops deep, links up with his wide men, but he can also bully a center half, aggressive running, aggressive with the ball. The key for me is his quality around the box, his finishing, not the quickest but will always make himself that yard of pace and stick it in the back of the net.

Genuinely cannot wait for Monday night. Going into this season with every reason to believe its going to be a good one. Fantastic business in the transfer market.

Jose doesn't lose with this kind of team.

I'd like to see

Tibo

Matic - Fabregas

Costa

I just do not believe Oscar is the man to play the #10 role. Since Mata left, he has had one good game (against Arsenal) but no other comes to mind. A long way to go from the finished article, and always looks kind of nervous in possession.

Ever since Andre Schurrle came to Chelsea he has impressed me. Think if we give him the starting time along with Fabregas and Matic playing quick balls from midfield and he could get over 20.

Costa is the perfect striker for us because as a front man he does everything. He runs into channels, drops deep, links up with his wide men, but he can also bully a center half, aggressive running, aggressive with the ball. The key for me is his quality around the box, his finishing, not the quickest but will always make himself that yard of pace and stick it in the back of the net.

Genuinely cannot wait for Monday night. Going into this season with every reason to believe its going to be a good one. Fantastic business in the transfer market.

Id swap Schurrle and willan around

Very fair and unexpectedly good analysis by DM on players that have their first-team position threatened this season (Ramires, Cech, Iva, Torres and they included Bamford there as an alternative). I agree with every single instance, except I'm not so sure Iva won't play much.

They're spot on (as any reasonable and sensible person) about us needing another striker if we want to compete for real in all fronts.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2722615/Chelsea-face-Real-Sociedad-s-Fernando-Torres-Ramires-Petr-Cech-Co-prove.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I'd like to see

Tibo

Matic - Fabregas

Costa

Actually, the first game he was fantastic. (chelsea vs stoke) Also, some others, but for most part of the second half he was out of form...

Hazard wont start in the middle. You guys really dont seem to understand, its either going to be willian or oscar.

However, i still think jose going to do 4-3-3 with cesc-rambo-matic and oscar and hazard on the flanks.

Actually, the first game he was fantastic. (chelsea vs stoke) Also, some others, but for most part of the second half he was out of form...

Hazard wont start in the middle. You guys really dont seem to understand, its either going to be willian or oscar.

However, i still think jose going to do 4-3-3 with cesc-rambo-matic and oscar and hazard on the flanks.

If we are playing 4-3-3 Oscar is not going to start on the RW. It is that simple. Ramires has more chance of starting RW than Oscar.