• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, probably:

1. Bolton

2. Villa

3. Barcelona

But so many others. Obviously the Bayern one, Hull, the FKs against Ipswitch and Tottenham, the one against Liverpool in the 44, then there's Moscow equalizer...etc. So many more!

That penalty against Liverpool was just so emotional - the fact it was in the et of semis, his personal situation, his tears right after that.

It's impossible to order his goals and rank one as the best etc. Bolton, Bayern, Barcelona....and that's only B!

His sixth sense of the great timing of running into the box is beyond incredible.

The Bolton goals go without saying really.

Great goal, albeit a penalty, for everything it meant to him, his family and the club in what was a European Cup semifinal. I remember Ballack offered to take it but Lampard was having none of it.

He has scored so many goals that limiting it to just 3 doesn't seem right. Top 15-20 makes more sense.

That penalty against Liverpool was just so emotional - the fact it was in the et of semis, his personal situation, his tears right after that.

It's impossible to order his goals and rank one as the best etc. Bolton, Bayern, Barcelona....and that's only B!

His sixth sense of the great timing of running into the box is beyond incredible.

the Liverpool penalty, I wondered if Ballack would take the penalty himself as he'd scored one few days before vs ManU. Lampard would have none of it I guess, he wanted to take that

Scored a lot of great quality goals but chose the following due to sentimental reasons (and its importance)..

1. That penalty against Liverpool in the UCL semi final just after his mother had passed away. Don't think I've even been more emotional towards a goal, at least from the sadness perspective.

2. The goal at Villa Park that made him the club's leading all-time goalscorer (and securing UCL football in the process). Went mental after that.

3. Goal at Bolton to seal the league title. Don't think need to add anything else here. ;)

In terms of quality goals, inclined to agree with most pointed out above but surprised nobody mentioned his ridiculous chip goal against Hull. Sheer class.