Phil Jones

Viper22

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's a very good player with a high ceiling.

Totally agree about Ferguson, I really don't know what he was thinking.

Jones was Terry mold, no nonsense looked like a leader and capable of holding his own against the bigger players. There was never reason to believe he'd be better at RB or DM, though the latter may have been understandable because United had Fletcher out that season and Carrick got injured at occasions.

Jones needs a manager to get his career back on track especially at CB. I don't think Mourinho has the time for that to be honest, not when we've got Kalas and Ake who don't need to be redesigned in terms of their play now. Jones could do with a loan move down to a club with less pressure on them where he can get back into the routine of being a center back. Newcastle, Villa, Sunderland et al.

Alex Ferguson has completely mismanaged Phil Jones, moving him all across the pitch when he should've let him develop at CB. He could've been a top CB by now but as I said before he's been mismanaged.

I wouldn't put him in the same boat as Smalling or Cleverley at all, far more talented than both put together I think. We don't need a CB right now so this would not really be a good transfer but I still think he's a very good player with a high ceiling.

To be honest I like him in the DM role.

Great prospect, but a bit like Luiz, which might make him tricky to use - esp in Jose's system. Prob safest in RB though.

I am a firm believer that you buy talent when you are convinced talent is there. And you ought to pull the trigger before others see the same as you do. Finally, the best time to buy is actually when such player is in poor form, most likely due to his side being in terrible form - not after his side wins the CL... (hypothetically speaking of course :)).

Phil Jones is going to be England's/United's next captain....

I would take Jones without hesitation. His versatility is great and he is a great example of a Mourinho player...

We just saw Old Man Eto'o eat this guy up. CFC plays against the Best forwards on the planet & you want to give this guy some run? People Jones might be good when you press your buttons on FIFA but in real life this guy has Sunderland, Villa or whatever mid-table side you like written all over him.

He is bit better than what people think here, Im sure he will eventualy get into United CB spot on regular basis (and probably england NT too), but in no way I want him here. If we are to buy another CB, go for Varane or sth, but another CB is not even required here right now

We just saw Old Man Eto'o eat this guy up. CFC plays against the Best forwards on the planet & you want to give this guy some run? People Jones might be good when you press your buttons on FIFA but in real life this guy has Sunderland, Villa or whatever mid-table side you like written all over him.

That was Gary Cahill once upon a time. You do remember Jones is still 22 right?!

Phil Jones is going to be England's/United's next captain....

No, that'd be Rooney. He negotiated it as part of the new deal :lol:

Eh, I dunno what's happened here with The Skipper's post I quoted. Can't edit.

That was Gary Cahill once upon a time. You do remember Jones is still 22 right?!

Gary Cahill was the Captain of his team & a leader of Blackburn before he came to CFC. Please don't compare the two. Totally different individuals.

Why do people feel the need to post transfer rumor by lol worthy and unreliable sources like caughtoffside,tribalfootball et al and worst of all without any quote to give the rumor any credibility. there actually use to be a time when the posting of rumors from these sources were prohibited on this forum.

Gary Cahill was the Captain of his team & a leader of Blackburn before he came to CFC. Please don't compare the two. Totally different individuals.

My point was Cahill was 27 when we signed him and he really rose to establish himself around then at Bolton. Jones has been mishandled at United but to write him off at 22 because he's had a nightmare season is just wrong.. But he's still got plenty of potential and talent that can be utilised.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You