Phil Jones

Viper22

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point was Cahill was 27 when we signed him and he really rose to establish himself around then at Bolton. Jones has been mishandled at United but to write him off at 22 because he's had a nightmare season is just wrong.. But he's still got plenty of potential and talent that can be utilised.

Thanks for correcting me about Cahill. Bolton, Blackburn it's all the same to me. However Cahill & Jones aren't the same to me. Cahill proved himself to be an outstanding player that wanted to goto the next level. I don't see the same from Jones. Again you can keep Phil Jones on your FIFA 14 Ultimate Team. I don't want him on the Real Chelsea Football Club. I rather see Kalas, Chabolah or Omeruo developed & play for CFC.

Again you can keep Phil Jones on your FIFA 14 Ultimate Team

I don't want Phil Jones here, but to say that anyway that's saying he's a good player should stick to FIFA is a bit ludicrous. The Cahill comparison isn't really that off either because both were players who were ready to make the next step - difference with Cahill is that he's been managed properly (especially under Mou) whilst Jones hasn't. Jones is only 22 though so has plenty of time on his side.

Regardless, this is not me making a case for wanting him here. You're right in saying that I'd also rather see our crop of CBs develop - doesn't mean you can't appreciate a good player when you see one though.

Regardless, this is not me making a case for wanting him here. You're right in saying that I'd also rather see our crop of CBs develop - doesn't mean you can't appreciate a good player when you see one though.

If you want to call me a hater, I won't look back in anger. In fact I will proudly wear the Phil Jones Hater Badge. Don't like. Never liked him & he hasn't showed me a reason why I should like him. Because of his failures @ manure he doesn't deserve a spot on CFC. Again, let him go to Bolton, Blackburn, Sunderland, whatever mid-table side & prove himself. He hasn't proved to me that he is CFC material. This is my opinion & like everyone's else opinions they stink like buttholes, but everyone has one.

If you want to call me a hater, I won't look back in anger. In fact I will proudly wear the Phil Jones Hater Badge. Don't like. Never liked him & he hasn't showed me a reason why I should like him. Because of his failures @ manure he doesn't deserve a spot on CFC. Again, let him go to Bolton, Blackburn, Sunderland, whatever mid-table side & prove himself. He hasn't proved to me that he is CFC material. This is my opinion & like everyone's else opinions they stink like buttholes, but everyone has one.

Mate you have misunderstood me. As Skipper said, I don't want to see him here either because it wouldn't make sense for us and him alike. Jones needs a move lower down the table to reestablish himself. It's well and good having potential, but if you can't fulfill that potential then you're just another 'could've been'.

What point I'm making here is that he's still very raw and young. Your judgement of him has come from him time at United and I agree on the merits of that he shouldn't be thinking about Chelsea and we shouldn't think about him.. Not until he's playing in his position again regularly and that's when you should judge him on his merits as a defender when he's constantly playing.

I only compare him to Cahill because I'm saying once upon a time at Bolton he was a 23-year old establishing himself as the lynchpin of that defense and the difference was he was allowed to grow there. Jones may be guilty of prematurely moving but Ferguson is more at fault for mismanaging him.. Writing him off yet isn't that fair?

Like I said before, I don't want this transfer.. Just offering you a different perspective on the player mate.

I only compare him to Cahill because I'm saying once upon a time at Bolton he was a 23-year old establishing himself as the lynchpin of that defense and the difference was he was allowed to grow there. Jones may be guilty of prematurely moving but Ferguson is more at fault for mismanaging him.. Writing him off yet isn't that fair?

Like I said before, I don't want this transfer.. Just offering you a different perspective on the player mate.

IMHO Jones was over-hyped from day one. Cahill on the other hand has shown through hard work & moving up the system that he is the real deal. If you compared the two you see that Cahill came from humble beginnings & proved to be the Best at his position for those teams he played on. Then add to the fact that when Cahill came to CFC, he still had to prove that he could handle the pressure of playing for a Club like CFC. A Club that plays for Championships & not one that plays in relegation battles. Cahill came to CFC cause he wanted the challenge of playing on the Big Stage. Phil Jones might wanted the Challenge, but IMHO he has not shown to be ready for that Challenge. Again, I was never a fan of Jones & in fact I had to be sold on Cahill. Cahill proved over time that he was ready for the Big Stage. The same can't be said of Jones.

Don't see why people are seeing this as a stupid transfer to go after. Phil Jones is still only 21 or 22 and has still got a lot of potential and is already quite a good center back.

Look at the improvement in Cahill under Jose, look at Varane at Madrid, even look at Ramos at Madrid when hes not being a prick, look at Terry while Jose was in his first spell here. Jose would make him a really good center defender in my eyes. If we get rid of Luiz and we don't resign Lamps/Cole we will need homegrown players but its better to have a good homegrown player like Phil Jones, who is good and will only get better, than someone like Scott Sinclair, who was very average, who went to City to make up for the lack of English players and never play or when he did play not be able to contribute very much.

• 7 months later...

What could've been for Phil Jones if he was simply allowed to grow as a central defender. An example of when Ferguson gets it really wrong.

I've said before, he's got time to reinvent himself.. But he should go somewhere where he doesn't have such pressure.

He's big and fast but comes off as a massive pussy. I swear, dude falls down everytime he makes contact with another player.

Worst thing is, when I saw him play at Blackburn he was actually using his physical presence well. People were comparing Terry for his approach to being defensive by using your strength to win headers and challenges.. That's why at the time I thought he'd be a good fit here to learn from JT but meh.

Seems he's been taking lessons from Ashley Young :lol:

Worst thing is, when I saw him play at Blackburn he was actually using his physical presence well. People were comparing Terry for his approach to being defensive by using your strength to win headers and challenges.. That's why at the time I thought he'd be a good fit here to learn from JT but meh.

Big Sam > Fergie. :ph34r:

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, robdog said:

after looking at the team sheet of the u21 vs yanited, thought I should bump this thread - do peeps here still want Phil Jones? I still don't

If we didn't have Zouma I'd say yes. But I think we can only afford to have one less than experienced youngster being 1/2 CBs. You'd think someone like Christensen would be recalled, and that Conte would want to have a look at Ake, Kalas, Omeru. Rumours also say Stones is still under consideration.

Back when he was at Blackburn I really saw him as JT's heir. Injuries and mismanagement by SAF have cost him. Not too late by any means, he can still reinvent his career, but not at Chelsea.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You