Chelsea 1-3 Atletico Madrid

Jase

Man of the Match  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Anyone else think the substitutions were weird? At 1-1 we bring on Eto'o for Cole? changed the team shape and it burned us. The time for that move would've been later in the game I thought.

If it were up to me I would've taken Cole for Schurrle and looked to play Hazard in the middle with Willian and Schurrle flanking. Then if its still not working you bring on Eto'o for Torres and Ba for Ramires.

From 45' to 60' we did n't see the colour of the ball.

Also in the first half we scored more or less against the run of the play, just when an exasparated fox news speaker said "it does n't look like Chelsea can score".

Eto was unlucky to get involved.

The only time it looked like Atletico had their backs against the wall was between the 1-2 and the 1-3 (!) but of course the poisonous counterattacking could not be checked.

Well done to Atletico. That's all I can say really. They were just better than us.

Good luck in the final, the Atletico fans I came across yesterday seemed a very decent, down to Earth bunch and very good supporters of their team too. Smash those arrogant pricks Real in the final and hope you win La Liga too :)

I don't recall those banners being flown before @ Da Bridge. Are they new?

We've had them since the start of this season but last night was the first time we had all 4 out at once. Generally we only use them for Champions League but bring out the Champions League one for games against Arsenal and Spurs just to take the piss

Atmosphere partucularly flat last night, too many fucking tourists apparently, most of which left early, probably to catch the start of the theatre :)

It was quite good at the start and up until they scored but after that it all went a bit shit. You're right, it was filled with fucking tourists and lots of empty seats with 10 minutes remaining. A lot of people used the 'tube strike' excuse, although that didn't really wash with me, more that they are just really shit supporters

Seeing Sterling and Enrique mock our champions league exit on twitter makes our 2-0 win over them on their own turf much sweeter. Guess they are still bitter at the fact that we are likely to be the team that stopped them winning the league. And we done the double over them powgw9.gif

Well done to Atletico. That's all I can say really. They were just better than us.

Good luck in the final, the Atletico fans I came across yesterday seemed a very decent, down to Earth bunch and very good supporters of their team too. Smash those arrogant pricks Real in the final and hope you win La Liga too :)

I sort of mixed with foreign supporters only once. In 1983 Juventus - Hamburg. The Germans were city gents and the Italians noisy but friendly. Then in 2007 we staged AC Milan - Liverpool. All I remember from that one was a scouser selling some really nice Liverpool t-shirts for 10 euro only. I walked around the city square and when I came to the same spot, the Greek fuzz had chased him away. Pity, I wanted to buy one ...

The worst lot you must ever have had in London must have been the PAOK crowd from Salonika against Spurs. Come on, say it !

One of the best teams to vist SW6 along with Shaktar, Barca ...and er....Sunderland

Atmosphere partucularly flat last night, too many fucking tourists apparently, most of which left early, probably to catch the start of the theatre :)

We've had them since the start of this season but last night was the first time we had all 4 out at once. Generally we only use them for Champions League but bring out the Champions League one for games against Arsenal and Spurs just to take the piss

It was loud from my barstool, but after that third goal even I had to stop watching. I knew it would be the end of our European Campaign :cry:

Which goal was Cahill to blame for? What did Schwarzer do that was so wrong? Our team was and is just what it is. Our players are human, therefore open to "human error". Nobody went out and gave anything less than 100% in my view. We were just beaten by a better side with better tactics on the night. Sometimes you just have to accept these things with good grace. It is an honour for me to even see Chelsea in a Champions League semi final. I remember Chelsea been beaten by teams like Scarborough many moons ago, so if you think last night was a disaster well you dont remember how far Chelsea have come in a very short space of time. And, we will get better and we will be back !!!!!!!!!!

Should he make a bold individual mistake and cost a goal to rate his performance below par? He was poor, shaky, nervous and misplaced and mistimed many passes. he was not his solid usual and that's you don't expect in these life time matches.

Schwarzer was the same he was so nervous from the start just remember the Atletico player shot from the left wing in 3rd minute which hit the post, he was totally unaware, incautious and mispositioned. in some moment he couldn't clear the ball properly when received the back pass ball.

I don't rank running around like a headless chicken as 100 percent effort or Ramirez would be superman in all matches. being mentally ready, concentrated with full fitness that's being 100 percent! Atletico were better cause they made the best out of our mistakes mostly defensive.

With knowing the past and being grateful for the present it's a privilege but considering the money brought to this club in last decade there is nothing wrong to expectation the utmost from these players every season.

Could do better with the 3rd goal.

Well he is a veteran. Cech or Noyer could do better.

Reminds me of Stelio Serafidis the great Greek keeper.

Retired at the age of 40, played testimonial, then regular breaks his arm and returns to action and performed remarkably well again.

It has not been all bad. Atletico got really lucky with everyone of their goals. If we had defended like we did in Liverpool and had had a bit more luck we would have been through to the final. Simeone is incredible though. their team cost virtually nothing and he has lead it inot a CL final.

But Terry, Etoo, Hazard had recovered only just + we had to play Ramires and Torres. With Cech, JT, Etoo, Hazard at 100% and Matic in the side this would have been a completely different ride.

Well he is a veteran. Cech or Noyer could do better.

Reminds me of Stelio Serafidis the great Greek keeper.

Retired at the age of 40, played testimonial, then regular breaks his arm and returns to action and performed remarkably well again.

Cech had to play...

It has not been all bad. Atletico got really lucky with everyone of their goals. If we had defended like we did in Liverpool and had had a bit more luck we would have been through to the final. Simeone is incredible though. their team cost virtually nothing and he has lead it inot a CL final.

But Terry, Etoo, Hazard had recovered only just + we had to play Ramires and Torres. With Cech, JT, Etoo, Hazard at 100% and Matic in the side this would have been a completely different ride.

Defend like Liverpool in the nursery ...

Still, if it was n't for that penalty thing.

A bit of luck can always give a match to a good home side. AEK Athens beat Real 1-0 once, in what was a one sided affair (they had Budraguenio those days, Sanchez, Hierro ...).