Chelsea 1-0 Everton

Jase

Man of the Match  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Its time to stop the double standard. When Willian dont have a good game, he is described as poor. When its Hazard, people say " he wasnt amazing". For me I dont see how Willian was worst than Hazard today.

It's not double standards because Willian hasn't been performing as well as Hazard mate.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew! Glad to get the 3 points! Terry may not have officially gotten the goal but was clearly the reason. JT is the man tonight!

Thought we finally stepped up the intensity the last 20-25 minutes. Shurrle was a good sub and brought some hustle to the pitch. Ramirez looked fresh late as well.

This is the type of game where the championship quality type club finds a way to win.

Come on you Chelsea, onwards and upwards! :blue scalf:

I don't know if Martinez realized but even if Ramires did con the ref for the free kick which I don't think he did, Mccarthy was all over Torres anyway, tugging his t-shirt in the run up to that goal but the referee seemed to not see that incident or let play roll on and that should of been a free kick anyway so tough luck. When Martinez sees the replay I am sure he will know what I am on about ;)

LEGEND TO LEGEND! Massive points here and now that City isn't playing any PL game till 15th of March we have to go nine points clear ahead of them so that they can start feeling the pressure.

Arsenal also have some big games coming - Chelsea, Tottenham, Everton, Stoke (A) and City (H)

man of the match - Azpi (51%), Matic (49%)

It's not double standards because Willian hasn't been performing as well as Hazard mate.

You should give a better answer to my post, because you know that what I said was something really different from what you are saying, and I know you understand english well enough to understand what I was saying. I would say you answer was the political one, some words lacking substance, and yet words that get some votes.

win next 2 games we go 9 points above City and 4 above Arse cos of match postponments, this will heap pressure on them and we can enjoy this position yet for a little while.

you missed the memo, but I'll resend it to you now

we ain't leaving the top of the league again this season.

You should give a better answer to my post, because you know what I said was something really different from what you are saying. I would say you answer was the political one, some words lacking substance, and yet words that get some votes.

I was about to answer to both of you.

Yeah, his answer doesn't make any sense regarding to what you said.

That said it seems to me at least looking the stats that Hazard wasn't that poor

http://www.squawka.com/news/2014/02/22/chelsea-1-0-everton-key-stats-and-player-ratings/2014022273566

(can't post the pic straight here, grrrr)

but you're right. Previous form shouldn't be talked about when one is criticizing a player's performance in a specific match. Oscar was amazing for us at the start of the season and I read it was a consensus he was pretty poor today (even if due to an injury). So previous form doesn't give a free pass to a player when he has a bad match. A poor performance is a poor performance regardless of previous or current streak of form.

Of course you don't dismiss a player within one a poor performance - which isn't what you implied, but you can say even Messi or Ronaldo, let alone Hazard had a poor match if that's the case. As I didn't watch the match I can't agree or disagree with your assessment or The Skipper's... but I get what you're saying and double standards are a very common occurrence among fans.

You should give a better answer to my post, because you know that what I said was something really different from what you are saying, and I know you understand english well enough to understand what I was saying. I would say you answer was the political one, some words lacking substance, and yet words that get some votes.

Give over. Stop acting as if you don't respond with one liners. You did it to me the other day and it had little relevance to my post. Get off your horse.

Hazard didn't do much, but he did create a good chance for Lampard, and i think he was also the one involved with Eto'o for his chance.

according to the link I posted he's created 5 chances. You know how much I hate how misleading that specific stat is, but five is a high number for it to be considered only passes before a stupid shot on goal (which means I believe he's created at least half those for real). I'm about to watch the match, but I don't think Hazard has been poor lately. He's just a bit burnt out - as many players in our squad - and he isn't as brilliant as he was a couple of weeks ago. Nothing poor as far as I can say...

edit: here's a link for those who may want to rewatch or watch

http://livefootballvideo.com/fullmatch/england/premier-league/chelsea-vs-everton-2

Give over. Stop acting as if you don't respond with one liners. You did it to me the other day and it had little relevance to my post. Get off your horse.

You should give over man, you are remembering a post I make days ago, and dont even remember what the subject was, but it seems you are one of those people that cant understand whats on the paper, because I might have replied in a way that "had little relevance", but its not the same thing as replying in a way that change the meaning of your original post.

and dude, just get it over, just forget my posts after a while, and dont get it personal, its just football, and its just a forum. enjoy your life.

you missed the memo, but I'll resend it to you now

we ain't leaving the top of the league again this season.

I was about to answer to both of you.

Yeah, his answer doesn't make any sense regarding to what you said.

That said it seems to me at least looking the stats that Hazard wasn't that poor

http://www.squawka.com/news/2014/02/22/chelsea-1-0-everton-key-stats-and-player-ratings/2014022273566

(can't post the pic straight here, grrrr)

but you're right. Previous form shouldn't be talked about when one is criticizing a player's performance in a specific match. Oscar was amazing for us at the start of the season and I read it was a consensus he was pretty poor today (even if due to an injury). So previous form doesn't give a free pass to a player when he has a bad match. A poor performance is a poor performance regardless of previous or current streak of form.

Of course you don't dismiss a player within one a poor performance - which isn't what you implied, but you can say even Messi or Ronaldo, let alone Hazard had a poor match if that's the case. As I didn't watch the match I can't agree or disagree with your assessment or The Skipper's... but I get what you're saying and double standards are a very common occurrence among fans.

I agree 100%. I agree that previous form does not give a free pass to a player, but Im just saying sometimes (always) it just does not apply to Hazard, sometimes the whole team is playing like crap, but people just choose words like "invisible", "wasnt good" other than "shit" and "poor", words used by some fans to describe every single player (but Hazard) in a bad day,

random question and observation: when was the last time we scored a goal from a corner? Or at least when our corners were dangerous to opposition?

I've seen a couple of them early in the match and let's be honest. Oscar, Mata, Willian, Lampard all had taken plenty of corners for us this season and not one of them stands out. For some teams corners are such a dangerous weapon and we have such great headers (Terry, Iva, Cahill), it's really disappointing that our corners more often than not - like 90% lately - come to nothing, not due to the opposition defense or even us wasting assists, but simply to the ball never being well placed in the box by whoever takes the corner...

random question and observation: when was the last time we scored a goal from a corner? Or at least when our corners were dangerous to opposition?

I've seen a couple of them early in the match and let's be honest. Oscar, Mata, Willian, Lampard all had taken plenty of corners for us this season and not one of them stands out. For some teams corners are such a dangerous weapon and we have such great headers (Terry, Iva, Cahill), it's really disappointing that our corners more often than not - like 90% lately - come to nothing, not due to the opposition defense or even us wasting assists, but simply to the ball never being well placed in the box by whoever takes the corner...

I'd love to see Hazard develop that side of his game. Think if he put his mind to it he could be world class at them. Like Bale was for Spurs.

Ivanovic scored from a corner against West brom recently albeit it was Luiz's flick which made that chance.

You should give over man, you are remembering a post I make days ago, and dont even remember what the subject was, but it seems you are one of those people that cant understand whats on the paper, because I might have replied in a way that "had little relevance", but its not the same thing as replying in a way that change the meaning of your original post.

and dude, just get it over, just forget my posts after a while, and dont get it personal, its just football, and its just a forum. enjoy your life.

It's nothing personal if I'm simply pointing out that you've also done something you're condemning others for. So I think you should take your own advice. :wave: