Chelsea 1-0 Everton

Jase

Man of the Match  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Was about to write off our title chances when it looked like two more dropped points.....and I think I still might. The lack of a good striker (not a bit decent like Eto'o) is murdering every good thing we do anywhere else on the pitch and that's a shame because we ARE doing a lot of good things on the pitch.

First things first, Azpilicueta put in one of the best displays of the season. Utterly remarkable, strong, good on the ball and commitment means he's my man of the match.

Then there's that Terry and Cahill partnership - impregnable, indefatigable and wins games. With those two at the heart of the defence then we are always going to be in with a chance of nicking it in the 93rd minute.

Matic is that guy - that guy we've been looking for since Maka left. His energy around the pitch is fantastic, he doesn't go missing, he looks to move the ball forward at almost every opportunity, he fights for every ball, he's strong, he's a leader....fuck it, he's everything Mikel isn't.

Ivanovic is back to his best, and that cross in the second-half was a thing of beauty. Unfortunately Eto'o's mobility scooter got stuck in the turf and he fell slowly to the ground a few inches behind the ball. Hopefully the old dear won't need a new hip after that.

Ramires injected some pace into affairs and even showed some nice touches which EVERYONE knows he is capable of. They also realise he isn't capable of doing it consistently. That shot was reminiscent of Essien's goal against Arsenal a few seasons back and summed up Ramires to a tee. Like Essien, but not quite.

Willian has nice hair.

Torres.....well if Chris Moyles can call himself a second-hand car dealer on his taxes then I suppose Torres can just about get away with calling himself a footballer. That he still gets on tells you just how useless Ba must be.

Oh, and YAY....Schurrle's still alive.

So all in all, we won. Optimists will say that champions play bad and still get a result, whilst pessimists will once again note that we don't have anything resembling a class striker up front. It has cost us, it will cost us again but it will get fixed in the summer. If we are a ship then we have a solid hull, a fine captain....and a fuckload of deadwood to clear out before adding the sails.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just beat a good team. We didn't struggle and win 1-0 against a shit team like we drew 0-0 with West Ham. We beat Everton 1-0. This is the kind of result that people should be really happy about, not saying we were shit.

Everton were better today, we were better at Goodison. Seems fair.

I'M HAPPY!

I dont reckon we'we got a player named Dave. Call him by his name instead or simply Azpi if you cannot spel his first or last name.

for fuck sake, are you really nit picking even on this?

Dude, let me break some news to you... you don't get to say what people should write or not. That's the lesson you keep missing about being part of a forum.

Why an ugly win ?

The way I saw it. Chelsea attacked, tried, penetrated in the second half. I saw an awesome effort, willing to win today & not some ugly win.

Games are played until the final whistle.

I don´t care when Chelsea´s player scores, whether it´s 55th or 92nd minute. This team showed me a champions quality, fight till the end. These 3 points are much more than 3 added points, I feel. A huge mental boost was added.

for fuck sake, are you really nit picking even on this?

Dude, let me break some news to you... you don't get to say what people should write or not. That's the lesson you keep missing about being part of a forum.

what should i name this attitude of his??

I dont reckon we'we got a player named Dave. Call him by his name instead or simply Azpi if you cannot spel his first or last name.

show some respect trigger was a legend and Dave will become one ,, suggest you

get a sense of humour transplant

btw two L s in spell