Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

Just now, LAM09 said:

Both. Lol!

We played a side that are on par/just ahead of Everton and he looked a nervous wreck. Players at the top shouldn't be so brittle.

He has looked like a nervous wreck every time he has been put under pressure. 

8 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

This is exactly the problem for Zouma. What Chelsea fans remember is a promising centre back before his injury when he was under Mourinho's management and as a result was protected under a conservative manager. It is easily forgotten too that his run in the team coincided with the mid table season we had (not that I'm blaming Zouma for that).

His loan spell at Stoke went pretty well despite them getting relegated and he obviously had a good season last year at Everton but again he's not being expected to play in an expansive way with a high defensive line. The games I saw last year at Everton where he actually looked good were against big teams like Liverpool and United where they were sitting back and soaking up pressure. 

One trait Zouma had even before his injury was his positioning was always a weakness but he had an uncanny ability to get back extremely quickly and had one of the best recovery tackles I've probably ever seen but I do think he's lost some of his athleticism and acceleration after his injury and the more space in behind him the harder that recovery can become.

best analysis yet

Let's wait and see how he does when Rudgier comes back. 

He might be better with a leader like Rudgier. 

I know most people say it's going to be AC and Rudgier but who knows we could get a pleasant surprise and Rudgier and Zouma would work great. 

Let's just wait and see. 

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

Let's wait and see how he does when Rudgier comes back. 

He might be better with a leader like Rudgier. 

I know most people say it's going to be AC and Rudgier but who knows we could get a pleasant surprise and Rudgier and Zouma would work great. 

Let's just wait and see. 

I agree I can see Rudiger - Zouma being the better partnership than Rudiger - Christensen 

5 hours ago, the wes said:

I agree I can see Rudiger - Zouma being the better partnership than Rudiger - Christensen 

I hope not. Christensen is better with the ball and was much better than Zouma v United.

In the way of playing Frank is implementing, Zouma would be a weakspot. United targeted him. Other teams will do so too. 

32 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I hope not. Christensen is better with the ball and was much better than Zouma v United.

In the way of playing Frank is implementing, Zouma would be a weakspot. United targeted him. Other teams will do so too. 

totally agree

I can see this is going to be a large friction point this season

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

totally agree

I can see this is going to be a large friction point this season

heh yes, but it really shouldn't be.

Andreas and Rudiger are by far our best defenders. Zouma, disregarding last game, is way way below that level.

Passing from the back is kinda important, and Andreas is probably our best passer atm, even if rudiger is fairly good at that too. We don't really have a team to sit back and we have to play with a higher line. Just can't see zouma being comfortable in that type of setup. 

I can't believe people are writing him off after one (admittedly terrible) game. It's not like the rest of the defence were particularly brilliant. 

I 100% agree he will be a squad player this year, as Andreas and Rudi should be our CB pairing, but give the boy some slack. He was superb for Everton last season!

8 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

I can't believe people are writing him off after one (admittedly terrible) game. It's not like the rest of the defence were particularly brilliant. 

I 100% agree he will be a squad player this year, as Andreas and Rudi should be our CB pairing, but give the boy some slack. He was superb for Everton last season!

I’m sorry, but were you born last Saturday by chance? :) 

We’ve been watching zouma play for quite a bit of time - at Chelsea and on loan. 

it’s fine if you disagree, but please don’t accuse people for being hasty here. I’ve always thought he’s a poor footballer and united game did not surprise me one bit.

My prediction: he will crumble when under pressure because he does not have the technique to control and move the ball. He will do better against the smaller sides and poorly against the stronger sides who more often employ a high press.

5 hours ago, Robchels said:

I’m sorry, but were you born last Saturday by chance? :) 

We’ve been watching zouma play for quite a bit of time - at Chelsea and on loan. 

it’s fine if you disagree, but please don’t accuse people for being hasty here. I’ve always thought he’s a poor footballer and united game did not surprise me one bit.

My prediction: he will crumble when under pressure because he does not have the technique to control and move the ball. He will do better against the smaller sides and poorly against the stronger sides who more often employ a high press.

Were you born last Saturday by any chance?

We've all just watched the lad play a blinder. 

It's fine if you disagree, but please don't be hasty with your criticisms. 

4 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

Were you born last Saturday by any chance?

We've all just watched the lad play a blinder. 

It's fine if you disagree, but please don't be hasty with your criticisms. 

Heh the irony is lost here... after one game. :)

yes, and I completely disagree - another mediocre game by him. He’s just not very good playing footy. 

Did not think my comments were nasty, just joked that you started your post by pretty much accusing folks of judging him by a single game. Even though most of us have been watching him play for a very long time... kinda weird actually.

Rashford and martial are his worse nightmares. He can bully Salah at least and is fast enough to keep up with him.

So no he hasn't improved but also yes he isn't as bad as last weekend. I think zoumas performances this season will depend on the opposition. I reckon he'll be good against the likes of Kane and Mane because he'll get to use his strength

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Robchels said:

yes, and I completely disagree - another mediocre game by him. He’s just not very good playing footy. 

Did not think my comments were nasty, just joked that you started your post by pretty much accusing folks of judging him by a single game. Even though most of us have been watching him play for a very long time... kinda weird actually.

I don't think that your comments were nasty. It's all in good humour, we're all Chelsea fans!

I think it's harsh to judge Zouma in a Chelsea shirt after that one bad game. Prior to that, I don't think we've seen anything negative from him to be honest, even when Jose used him as an auxiliary CDM against Spurs! He is never going to be a consistent starter for us, but Lampard obviously sees something in him to allow Luiz to go; I think he can be a decent squad player for us. We need to be more conservative in our judgements, I think - no need to get carried away with any great individual performances, but similarly there's no need for us to blame him for Sunday. The good thing is tonight's team performance should have banished the demons from Old Trafford and we can all move on. 

9 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

I don't think that your comments were nasty. It's all in good humour, we're all Chelsea fans!

I think it's harsh to judge Zouma in a Chelsea shirt after that one bad game. Prior to that, I don't think we've seen anything negative from him to be honest, even when Jose used him as an auxiliary CDM against Spurs! He is never going to be a consistent starter for us, but Lampard obviously sees something in him to allow Luiz to go; I think he can be a decent squad player for us. We need to be more conservative in our judgements, I think - no need to get carried away with any great individual performances, but similarly there's no need for us to blame him for Sunday. The good thing is tonight's team performance should have banished the demons from Old Trafford and we can all move on. 

Heh fair enough.

we just have differences in what we looks for in different players and positions.

i thought I saw enough of zouma to know I’d like someone better to start for us. But yeah hope he can become a good/decent squad player for us since we will def need it.

Just now, Robchels said:

Heh fair enough.

we just have differences in what we looks for in different players and positions.

i thought I saw enough of zouma to know I’d like someone better to start for us. But yeah hope he can become a good/decent squad player for us since we will def need it.

Oh, I'd definitely like someone better starting, let me make it clear. He can be a good squad option, for sure. I liked his no-nonsense approach tonight.

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

I stand by my word, it's a high probability that he might go up a notch with rudgier. 

A real born leader next to him. 

Just like van dyk has done for Liverpool defense. 

He could go up one or two notches and we should still be looking for someone better.

Zouma does not belong in the starting XI of a top club. Just look at the type of players other top clubs employ.

also, cb pairing demands complementary skills, not similar ones. Without a solid passer, rudiger is hardly it, we would be easily pressured by high press sides like city or even Tottenham. Mistakes can be forced too.

12 hours ago, Robchels said:

Mediocre after helping Emerson to pocket Salah? 😂😂😂