Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Huge worry for me. I hope Rudiger and Ake establish great partnership. Btw we already earned more than 15m from Zouma loans. 

I really do not see Zouma going anywhere, unless someone just offers cray cray amounts of quid

Kinda made my peace with it a month or so ago

But we so so need a ball playing CB for certain games

I think Tomori can become that but not 100% sold yet

Ake is good on the ball

so is Caglar Söyüncü (the more I see of him, the more I like, dog help the league if they pull off getting Merih Demiral prised away from Juve, they will have a Turkish wall at CB for years to come (if they can hold onto them)

Diop is better on the ball than Zouma, for what that is worth

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Richarlison insults Chelsea player after heavy win

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2020/03/image-richarlison-insults-chelsea-player-heavy-win/

Kurt Zouma made himself very popular on loan at Everton last year, and they were all happy to see him again yesterday when he played for us instead.

After the game the defender posted a very generic Instagram pic of him celebrating the win, with a very generic caption too: “Top performance today”.

What wasn’t generic was the response from Richarlison the Everton forward, who Tweeted “fdp” (Portuguese for “son of a bitch).  <<< Fils de pute 

We’re not surprised the former Watford man was so annoyed. His team were rubbish.

You can see the caption and the comment below in the image here embedded from Out of Context Chelsea:

• 2 months later...

Never thought i'd have said this in August but Zouma should probably be starting every game for us until the end of the season.

Purely because only two of our partnerships seem to work and both include Kurt (him with Rudi and him with Tomori).

If we were to sell Zouma hopefully it isnt to replace him with Ake..... both are solid enough CBs but Zouma is the better of the two for me and Id say its quite comfortably clear to see that other than Ake's comfort on the ball, Zouma is the better player. I mean I understand he is an ex academy player, Dutch international, has worked with Frank as a player etc but he really doesnt improve on Zouma for me. If we sell Zouma we have to replace him with a better quality player, not the same level, not worst because our defence hasnt been very good this season bar Tomori who was a real shining light for a while. 

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If we were to sell Zouma hopefully it isnt to replace him with Ake..... both are solid enough CBs but Zouma is the better of the two for me and Id say its quite comfortably clear to see that other than Ake's comfort on the ball, Zouma is the better player. I mean I understand he is an ex academy player, Dutch international, has worked with Frank as a player etc but he really doesnt improve on Zouma for me. If we sell Zouma we have to replace him with a better quality player, not the same level, not worst because our defence hasnt been very good this season bar Tomori who was a real shining light for a while. 

Well I guess the interest in ake is because if bourhemoth gets relegated we can get him back for cheap. 

Just now, Fernando said:

Well I guess the interest in ake is because if bourhemoth gets relegated we can get him back for cheap. 

We have a buyback clause for 40mn IIRC. Thats not exactly cheap. Even if they did get relegated I doubt we would get him for less than 30mn. 

We have a buyback clause for 40mn IIRC. Thats not exactly cheap. Even if they did get relegated I doubt we would get him for less than 30mn. 
Buyback clause was only til January. Now, they can sell him for whatever price they want

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Buyback clause was only til January. Now, they can sell him for whatever price they want

Exactly so if bourhemoth gets relegated he can be picked up at a discount. 

On 06/06/2020 at 2:54 PM, Atomiswave said:

Surely we can do better than Ake no? We need a proper defence and he is not that imo.

Agree. If Ake is the answer I am not sure what the question is. Ake is a good PL CB but that is about it. 

As for Zouma, I would sell him as soon as we get a chance as I do not rate him. In my opinion, if he wasn't such a freak athlete he would be playing Championship football. I mean, the amount of times he gets caught out of position is a massive worry. For instance, in the last game against Everton he some how found himself caught out on the half way line and allowed the a 2on1 attack which DCL should really have scored which I think would've made it 1-1 or 2-1. A better example of his poor positioning was the Valencia away game. If you watch these highlights, you will see he is out of position for virtually every attack (AC gets rightly criticised for his lack of strength but at least he is where he is meant to be): 

This is also not a isolated incidents as he does it all the time, game after game. 

On top of this his distribution under any sort of pressure is also poor, while he also has a habit of mis-kicking balls that come into the area. An example is the Everton away game, where for their 2nd he skies the ball and allows it to bump off of him after AC doesn't get the header (while on the third he is out of position then stands and watches DCL continue towards goal) 

For those reasons, when people talk about CB's that need to be sold I always say Zouma as not only is he our worst CB on all aspects apart from physicality/athleticism he is also one that would probably bring in the most coin from any sale of AC/Tomori/Zouma. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/06/2020 at 6:33 PM, killer1257 said:

Judging on this season, Zouma was our best defender. Does not mean that he was world class or anything, but AC, Tomori and Rüdiger did way more mistakes.

Rudiger was the best IMHO.and it wasn't close

I am sure many will go bonkers on that

Tomori needs to step the hell up and AC (too weak) and Zouma (to poor on the ball) need to be sent packing

Rudiger was the best IMHO.and it wasn't close
I am sure many will go bonkers on that
Tomori needs to step the hell up and AC (too weak) and Zouma (to poor on the ball) need to be sent packing
Atleast Zouma managed to score for us (can't remember when though) but it always amazed me that AC never managed to bag a goal for us. It makes Cahill (I don't even need to mention Terry) look like a top scoring cb. Rudie manages to get the odd goal every now and then, and Alonso when we face spurs.
But I actually miss that our defenders don't score more often. We're really bad at defending set pieces and corners, but we we're also bad at taking them ourselves [emoji17].

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F5121 met Tapatalk