Chelsea v West Ham

Jase

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revved up for tonight's game, after our recent form there is every reason to be uber confident of smashing these wet wipes! I just hope we actually smash a team properly like Liverpool and Man City have been doing a lot i.e. 4-0 or something.

My preferred XI for this: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic, Oscar; Willian, ANY ST, Hazard.

Then, once we're a couple goals up in the second half take off Hazard and Oscar for rests ahead of the City game.

Prediction: CHELSEA 3-0 WEST HAM - Hazard to score a brace or a hat-trick.

C'MON BLUES!

Think we should rest Hazard tonight. The loss in creativity should be compensated by Matic whose pressure and stabilty in CM can provide a platform for our other AM to work from.

No need to rest him, he is fit enough and we just had a week long break before stoke and next match is on monday, thats 5 days. We should play our first choice XI really.

No need to rest him, he is fit enough and we just had a week long break before stoke and next match is on monday, thats 5 days. We should play our first choice XI really.

Forgot our next game is monday. You're probably right.

Ba vs Eto'o, Ba

Lampard vs Ramirez, Lampard

GC vs DL, david (this one is tough, I'm afraid we're gonna lose DL in the summer :( )

the rest of the team picks itself, honestly

ps: this thread is quite dormant considering its match day :readthemessage:

Eto'o

Schürrle - Hazard - Willian

Matic - Ramires

Cole - Terry - Cahill - Azpi

Cech

Probably not the most popular choice but I'd start Schürrle tonight. We need to try and get him back in form before the most important part of the season is right around the corner so starting back-to-back games could go a long way in achieving that. Also, we could then rest Oscar for City.

Rest of the lineup picks itself, really.

Eto'o is still the best striker we have. Torres is a con artist and Ba was never world class in the first place. Mourinho was wrong when he said Arsenal would be title contenders if we had given them Ba.

Eto'o is one of the best strikers of all time and being 32 doesn't mean he's not as good. Ibrahimovic is 32 and he's better now than he ever was before. Playing in the Russian league doesn't magically transform a player into shit, otherwise Willian would also be suffering from this "Russian league syndrome".

He just needs time to adapt. Some players don't adapt to different environments and teams easily. Just look at Modric at Real Madrid. The Spanish media called him "the worst signing of the year" last year, and now they feel idiotic because every time he plays he shows he's the best CM in the world.

Can't Believe you just compared Eto'o just now to Ibrahimovic! :clown: that's like comparing a skoda to a massarati!

He is finished. He won't get better, get rid in the summer along with BA.

The next 2 matchdays could be crucial. Two wins and we would be massive title favourites in the run in. A draw at City would also be a great result, but at first we have to win at home vs West Ham.

I see Jose going with a 4-3-3 like in the away game again. I hope Oscar&Hazard get a rest pre City. A good old fashioned

-----------Cech--------

Azpi--Cahill---JT--Cole

------------Matic----------

-------Rami----Lamps---

Willian----Ba------Schürrle

would be amazing to see, just like in the good old times. Pacy wingers (Robben-Duff now Schürrle-Willian), big, aerial striker (DrogBA) and a runner (Ess-Ramires), a strategist (Makelele-Matic) and a goalscorer (The one and only Frank Lampard) in midfield. Maaan this would be awesome one last time playing such a classy formation. Might also enhance our chances of overpowering WHU in midfield like last time + resting our two most important players ins offence.

What a squad we got, we literally rest 4 or 5 starters but still could field the 2nd best starting XI in the league without even exhausting our options.

why is everyone speaking of resting players for mancity match? thats 5 days away....

I suggest the best team possible ... hopefully 2-0 by halftime(and maybe 4-0 by full time :D )

go chelsea......

:blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Can't Believe you just compared Eto'o just now to Ibrahimovic! :clown: that's like comparing a skoda to a massarati!

He is finished. He won't get better, get rid in the summer along with BA.

He wasn't comparing current Eto'o's ability with Ibrahimovic's... All he said is that had Eto'o stayed in a good league he would've been sharper. Nothing wrong with that.

Also, question: if we could get rid of Torres would you?