Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

Loan only till the end of the season and not for 18 months.

He needed it as he was clearly not making much progress here. His Chelsea career is not yet dead. Fiorentina are a good team and if he can shine there he'll have a decent chance of returning here, even if he does end up being loaned there again next season. He's still very young, he has got time.

If I read it right, we don't have a right to hold him anymore, no?

If he is perform well, Fiorentina have the option to extend it, they will take it and we couldn't say no. If he then score a hattrick every week and win ballon d'or, Fiorentina will take the option to sign him permanent and we couldn't do anything about it.

If he is shit, well they will always have the option to terminate the loan contract, or didn't want to sign him in the end.

It's all gain for Fiorentina.

The best thing for the lad this, just hope he gets game time there. I personally don't think he will play for Chelsea again. Far too much talent ahead of him like Willian and now Cuadrado, I expect him to either remain in Italy beyond his loan or end up back at Basle.

The best thing for the lad this, just hope he gets game time there. I personally don't think he will play for Chelsea again. Far too much talent ahead of him like Willian and now Cuadrado, I expect him to either remain in Italy beyond his loan or end up back at Basle.

If he plays well then I believe he can be a serious option. The guy just needed a run of games to find his feet but then again can not blame Jose because every game is important and not worth the risk.

Don't think its fair to say hes got no future at Chelsea, considering the games he had in Europe against Spurs and ourselves before we signed him there was obviously something there. Liverpool in hindsight would have probably been the better move at that time for him as he would play a lot more but hes still a talented player.

We really need to stop signing new players onto any more than 3 year contracts, and reward them with an extension if they're good enough.

That'd be a disaster FFP-wise. The greater he length of the contract, the smaller the yearly FFP hit on the books.

That'd be a disaster FFP-wise. The greater he length of the contract, the smaller the yearly FFP hit on the books.

Yeah but signing players to 5 and a half year contracts is suicide if they don't settle and turn out to be average at best (see: Torres & Salah). Then you're committed to paying their wages for that whole time anyway, which is FFP suicide also.

Yeah but signing players to 5 and a half year contracts is suicide if they don't settle and turn out to be average at best (see: Torres & Salah). Then you're committed to paying their wages for that whole time anyway, which is FFP suicide also.

In theory, yes. But in practice, Chelsea go about in a way that makes longer contracts more sensible ... our transfer fees are large even for squad signings and wages are relatively modest; that's the idea with buying young. Torres was a one-off ... we've learned our lesson. Besides, on loaning out unneeded players it's the transferee club that picks up the FFP hit because they usually pay some if not all the wages.