Best CM Pairing?

Gilvorak

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramires was rubbish against Bayern but he's a perfect player for that position, absolutely perfect because of his desire to win a challenge and his pace, even his ability to finish when he breaks through. It's all about having someone strong and pretty pacey who has a fantastic all round game. I'd do anything for us sign Vidal from Juve, he is a phenomenal footballer and a perfect pivot man. He oozes class. Nobody in the world is better in that position for me. He does everything and scored 2 goals again this weekend.

Ramires was rubbish against Bayern but he's a perfect player for that position, absolutely perfect because of his desire to win a challenge and his pace, even his ability to finish when he breaks through. It's all about having someone strong and pretty pacey who has a fantastic all round game. I'd do anything for us sign Vidal from Juve, he is a phenomenal footballer and a perfect pivot man. He oozes class. Nobody in the world is better in that position for me. He does everything and scored 2 goals again this weekend.

Too similar to Ramires. I think next to him you'll need someone more defensively disciplined if you're going to play a two-man midfield.

De Bruyne checks all boxes for me as CM in the pivot and exceptionally well as the CM in a 4-3-3 formation.

Luiz as a CM should only be employed if we are chasing a game. Remember Villa last season away?

De Bruyne was awful defensively last season. You don't have to be great, but you have to be decent and De Bruyne isn't yet. He's an attacking midfielder or a central midfielder in a 4-3-3.

I disagree. He's not world-class, but he's pretty close, imo. He proved that in our CL winning season. In terms of box-to-box midfielders, there are very few better.

Ramires does great things there and then, but that doesn't mean he's world class. He's got very poor ball control and a bad first touch, he's almost an average player without his pace, his pace determines his game that much. He's not world class, not even near, he hasn't got great technical aspects, he's only flashy now and then and has a great set of legs, he's also not a very smart player going forward. He's got a great burst of pace running up, but he lacks so much flair and creativity when he's in even the most simple of positions.

If he is close to world class then there must be about 200 world class players in the world right now at least.

Ramires does great things there and then, but that doesn't mean he's world class. He's got very poor ball control and a bad first touch, he's almost an average player without his pace, his pace determines his game that much. He's not world class, not even near, he hasn't got great technical aspects, he's only flashy now and then and has a great set of legs, he's also not a very smart player going forward. He's got a great burst of pace running up, but he lacks so much flair and creativity when he's in even the most simple of positions.

If he is close to world class then there must be about 200 world class players in the world right now at least.

What's wrong with relying on your pace? Ronaldo and Bale have made a career of it (No I am not saying that Rami is as good as either). But what I think makes Rami close to world-class is his delivery at the end of those amazing runs. His ability to finish at top speed after running more than 50 meters or find the killer pass on a regular basis is unmatched by any footballer I know.

Our best CM pair? Hard to say really, because we havent really tested much yet. One thing I can say though, is that by playing Ramires+Lampard we lose alot of what Ramires should be doing.

I belive Ramires+Essien could work really well. I can also see Ramires+MvG being favourable in a near future.

Jose has obviously studied this posiotion and he has got it perfectly right as you would expect . Rammy /Lampard by far our best ,have we been terrible this season or something for them not to play at Everton as they will . Jos does not fancy Luiz in there apparently ,I do and would have as next best,followed by Van Ginkel and Essien.

But in summing up Jose has got this spot on and the pairing we have now is obviously first choice for the season ,with Rammy growing in the role Jose has identified for him.

Agree. Ramires and Lampard are perfect for now.

Really? Ramires is average in that holding role, especially against stronger teams, and Lampard just gets completely by-passed by opposition midfielders. I think we have much better options than that.

Really? Ramires is average in that holding role, especially against stronger teams, and Lampard just gets completely by-passed by opposition midfielders. I think we have much better options than that.

nah we're basing it on the fact that right now we're not exactly playing our best. the blame obviously falls on them. when someone else is in that role and it becomes worse, the blame will fall on them. I'll put my faith in Jose. He's testing things out. If it's bad, he'll probably realize.

nah we're basing it on the fact that right now we're not exactly playing our best. the blame obviously falls on them. when someone else is in that role and it becomes worse, the blame will fall on them. I'll put my faith in Jose. He's testing things out. If it's bad, he'll probably realize.

Not just based on how we're playing, but also based on what we know Ramires is capable of in a more advanced role, for example and based on what I know about Lampard's usual defensive contribution. I mean how well does Jose really know the squad at the moment? Like you said, he's still testing things out.