It'd be just like losing the title by 1-2 points, imo.

If it comes to GD, it is only fair to give the league to the team who scored more goals and was more offensive...

Slightly better than on GD because two teams ended up with the same number of points. The disappointment, if anything, would slightly be more bearable.

You could say the team that scored the most goals and was more offensive deserve to win but then again, the defensive side is still crucial in winning titles and we have conceded way less than others right now.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa is a must win, because if we win this could be a pivotal weekend in the race.

City have a tough early kick off vs Hull after dropping out off 2 cup's while Arsenal and Liverpool have away games against their bitter rivals.
This has the potential to be a great weekend for us, please please don't blow it at Villa :rant:

Potentially massive weekend once again. Think City will have too much for Hull and we will dispatch Villa. United face Liverpool on Sunday and Spurs face Arsenal, I can see United rising to Liverpool and getting a draw at worst and fancy a draw at WHL.

We just have to keep on trucking, and if City do slip up at Hull and we win.....wow :getin:

Big big big games.Hope Man U can beat Liverpoo cause that be a help with them having a game in hand.

Man City...games in hand a pain...gotta win our game and hope everything else falls into place.Dont do our part then cant rely on other results to fall our way and get annoyed when they dont

Massive weekend!

Liverpool and Arsenal could be good results for us but i am more worried about City and i can't see them slipping up against Hull. Which obviously means we HAVE to win againts Villa. Which history will tell us doesn't come easy to us.

I am relying on United, Arsenal, Liverpool & Everton to take points off City, not Hull or the like.

So come on Chels, let's fucking do this!!

As mentioned already it's a huge weekend for us. I think we'll beat Villa and that City will ease past Hull. Reckon Spuds will beat Arse and Liverpool will win at OT

Getting closer with every game

It is remarkable how a short series of 3 or 4 wins can make us favourites even with City not having dropped a point since. It is still City's to lose, but even though we will probably still be in the CL after a delayed finishing off of Gala, City got the harder programm with 3 more Epl fixtures than us. If we can extend our lead to double figueres in the next two weeks, we will have won it before april even has begun. In the same way we also can lose the title this month, so fuckin concentrate on the league.

I can definitely see a battered City dropping points against Hull away. I'm not saying it'll happen, but I don't think it's unlike as some do. City are down now, their spirits completely defeated (just as their results, bahahaha), and a Hull is quite the decent side playing at their stadium. If you don't consider the off day they had against United (!!!) and the two goals we scored there, they conceded very few goals in their turf throughout the whole season, scrapping results such as beating Liverpool and drawing with Spurs. If they didn't have collective and repetitive brain-farts like Spurs defense had against us, they would have beaten (or at least drawn) against United. So I don't think City will have a cake walk after being kicked out of UCL once again. They're hangover and not the good kind. Perfect timing for them to face a team like Hull away. Then their little fixture madness will start and I think could escalate quickly if they don't recover fast from being out of the two other cups they were destined to win this season.

I have a good feeling about it :P

I can definitely see a battered City dropping points against Hull away. I'm not saying it'll happen, but I don't think it's unlike as some do. City are down now, their spirits completely defeated (just as their results, bahahaha), and a Hull is quite the decent side playing at their stadium. If you don't consider the off day they had against United (!!!) and the two goals we scored there, they conceded very few goals in their turf throughout the whole season, scrapping results such as beating Liverpool and drawing with Spurs. If they didn't have collective and repetitive brain-farts like Spurs defense had against us, they would have beaten (or at least drawn) against United. So I don't think City will have a cake walk after being kicked out of UCL once again. They're hangover and not the good kind. Perfect timing for them to face a team like Hull away. Then their little fixture madness will start and I think could escalate quickly if they don't recover fast from being out of the two other cups they were destined to win this season.

I have a good feeling about it :P

I completely agree, but it would just be a shame if City lose and we dont take advantadge by dropping points against Villa.

I was very optimistic early in the week, but now I am quite concerned actually. We havent been playing great lately and we usually have dofficulties when travelling to their stadium...

I expect us to be very fierce from now on and regardless of the points we need to win or not to be champions (I won't get into the current discussion because I don't know how to predict those things) and to drop very few points. I think there are two games that we could drop points: Liverpool and Villa away. If we get passed Villa with 3 points, I think our chances go up to 60 (I wish this fixture was earlier, but maybe it's a good thing to play them at the very end of the season when we're likely to be playing 1 game a week just like them).

Well, I continue to think the same.

As we didn't win, I think we lost some of the edge, but at this point of the season, teams will drop points here and there.

I still think those were the two fixtures we would drop points. If we drop another 3 against Liverpool, we'll have dropped six points in 9 rounds. I think that's a good thing.

I really felt like a defeat was coming at some point. We've been scratching some wins playing some mediocre football in some matches (especially first halves). Now that this is behind us, we can focus again and continue from where we were.

I won't write us off because I can see the other teams losing as well. They have way more complicated fixtures than us imo and nobody will go the last 9 rounds of the competition (or in City's case, 12) without dropping points when the league is so close as it is this season. So I'm still positive, although that was a good reality check, even if I sort of expected it to happen.

As we didn't win, I think we lost some of the edge, but at this point of the season, teams will drop points here and there.

I still think those were the two fixtures we would drop points. If we drop another 3 against Liverpool, we'll have dropped six points in 9 rounds. I think that's a good thing.

I really felt like a defeat was coming at some point. We've been scratching some wins playing some mediocre football in some matches (especially first halves). Now that this is behind us, we can focus again and continue from where we were.

I won't write us off because I can see the other teams losing as well. They have way more complicated fixtures than us imo and nobody will go the last 9 rounds of the competition (or in City's case, 12) without dropping points when the league is so close as it is this season. So I'm still positive, although that was a good reality check, even if I sort of expected it to happen.

If we where to win every game from here, we would need City to lose two games right?

^this.

The overreaction here is immense. City WILL drop a lot of points cos of the fixtures they have. Emirates, OT, goodison, anfield.

Some people unfortunately can't come out of a mathemtical abd idealistic world.

Anyways, reality check but still top of the table.

Am I being too optimistic?

predictions.png

I think we will beat Arsenal at home and I think you seriously over-estimate Liverpool's quality. They will drop points. Man City are much more scary, but they have some hard games away from home. I still think we are in a decent position to win it.

Am I being too optimistic?

predictions.png

I think the final numbers could be that, but I see more defeats and less draws. But then again, that's pure gambling on my part.

I think we'll lose to Liverpool (although a draw is also likely), but I think City and Arsenal will lose at least one of their matches, in addition to the odds draws. I see Liverpool nearly as you see it, except I think they'd win against us... but as I said, a draw is also likely, but with a couple of losses too.

My main concern continues to be the Liverpool match and the amount of points City drop.