Arsenal v Chelsea

Jase

Hull home West Ham away. Only 2 games where we've looked completely solid at the back out of 20-odd games. Jose has to be blamed for that. its Not down to transition whatever, defending is just not good. Making simple mistakes in every game.

Jose said that he'll look to make the team more defensive from now on. Think that's a step in the wrong direction in terms of what he's trying to achieve but necessary given the defense leaking too many goals this season

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hull home West Ham away. Only 2 games where we've looked completely solid at the back out of 20-odd games. Jose has to be blamed for that. its Not down to transition whatever, defending is just not good.

Jose said that he'll look to make the team more defensive from now on. Think that's a step in the wrong direction in terms of what he's trying to achieve but necessary given the defense leaking too many goals this season

I thought he said that while he thinks its the right direction for the moment, he doesn't want to do it. In any case I don't want him to do it. Mentality is the bigger problem here. More than tactics and lineups.

Couldn't watched the Sunderland game last night but judging by what I've read, seems like we were awful once again. Not sure if I should even be surprised at that anymore given how often it has happened this season. Before that game, I already had pessimistic belief that we will lose to Arsenal and given yesterday's happening, it has only made that belief even stronger. Will be more than happy to be proven wrong but just don't feel confident at all with the way we are performing right now.

Lineups, stats, wishful thinking, that´s all I read here.

Meanwhile, not one of you is bold enough to say, Chelsea doesn´t have the players to challenge an offensive minded team like Arsenal. Mark my words, Jose is playing park the bus on Monday.

Lineups, stats, wishful thinking, that´s all I read here.

Meanwhile, not one of you is bold enough to say, Chelsea doesn´t have the players to challenge an offensive minded team like Arsenal. Mark my words, Jose is playing park the bus on Monday.

What on earth would make you think Chelsea will simply park the bus against Arsenal! we have outplayed them in our last 2 games at at the Emirates! We will get in their faces, and counter attack them all night long! that's the way to play against Arsenal! Chelsea and United have been doing it to them for years!

What on earth would make you think Chelsea will simply park the bus against Arsenal! we have outplayed them in our last 2 games at at the Emirates! We will get in their faces, and counter attack them all night long! that's the way to play against Arsenal! Chelsea and United have been doing it to them for years!

Why would you think Chelsea can beat Arsenal by playing an open football against them ?

What counter attack you talking about here ? You mean that hoof the ball one ?

Why would you think Chelsea can beat Arsenal by playing an open football against them ?

What counter attack you talking about here ? You mean that hoof the ball one ?

who said the game has to be open? and Chelsea dont counter attack by hoofing the ball long! we will invite Arsenal onto us, then try to knick it off them and break on them with Willian, Hazard and Rami! we will stay very narrow when defending and force Arsenal out wide and force them to get crosses into our box, which we are comfortable dealing with against them!

who said the game has to be open? and Chelsea dont counter attack by hoofing the ball long! we will invite Arsenal onto us, then try to knick it off them and break on them with Willian, Hazard and Rami! we will stay very narrow when defending and force Arsenal out wide and force them to get crosses into our box, which we are comfortable dealing with against them!

Bull shit. Iva or Luiz hoof the ball on many occasions. Arsenal on a good day, can attack with vengeance. Just watch it.

For Arsenal to cross the ball into box, that´s where Cahill, Luiz, Iva or whoever will be there, chaos will be seen, bingo a lucky bounce, it´s in.

Whats the news on Koscielny?

Expected to be out for 14 days according to many sources. Wenger also said he will be out for a while but looks like he will definitely be out against us. Good news. His partnership with Mertesacker has been excellent and they now have a disruption in a really important game. Hopefully we take advantage.