1. 1. Choose your man of the match

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchester United: 1 point.

Everton: 0 point.

Spurs: 1 point.

City: 3 points (if not for a huge Hart mistake in the last minutes it would be 1 point as well)

Arsenal: 1 point

u do know that 4 out of those 5 were away from home and by the way we won the only home game in that list... pretty much steps on mou's point does not it.

I will not complain with the way we played.

If we could have a left-back as dynamic as Azpi, it would be great and in midfield, more dynamic players also.

Like many have said, we need a leftback, two midfielders and a central forward.

The midfield is just ok if we sit deep but otherwise, we would be better with other midfielders that would be more dynamic, move to have the ball everytime to dictate the play.

The opposition has only to care about Ramires potential run from the middle when we are 50-40 meters away from the goal.

Some say that the pitch helped us but I think that in better condition, Hazard, William, Ramires would have been more a threat.

Good result even if it was a pretty awful game to watch. We were extremely solid defensively and Arsenal didn't threaten us at all until very late in the game. Our back 4 and central midfield all had great games and shut down Arsenal completely. Attacking 4 were limited to a rare counter-attack and were mostly invisible. Substitutes were pretty uninspiring as well. Not sure who is voting for Hazard for MOTM in a 0-0 game. (Hint: you don't always have to vote for an attacking player as MOTM). Tough game to referee because you have to give more leeway in those sorts of conditions.

The team was set up to make Arsenal ineffective and at every opportunity Ramires going forward to help Hazard, William and Torres. This worked effectively for the greater part of the game and Ramsey was playing more in their own half also Ozil was frustrated for most if the game . I was seating behind our bench and noticed Jose's anger when Iva was turned in the 80th min, sensing danger he moved Ram to the right and brought in Luiz to play in front of Lamps and Mikel. Although not Torres I believe Luiz did as much if not more than Torres will have done in 7 min: won a free kick and 2 corners. Seating at the Arsenal end you could feel fear in the 1st 15mins and relief they didn't lose at the end. Also funny to hear them sing 'shit to your History' at us: Happy with the draw

The lineup confirmed our approach to the whole game.I have no issue with Jose's tactic of collecting a draw from these kind of fixtures but then its also important that we dominate our home games and away games to the weaker known opponents.

The title race will go down to the wire and the difference between first and second won't be much so a point gained is better than none at all.

Didn't watch the game and sounds like it was a very dull game. Having just seen the result and lineup, can't say I'm surprised by Mourinho's defensive approach to this game, except for the part where he went 4-3-3. It's his nature after all but given it is away from home, against one of the big teams, think I'm happy enough to see us getting at least a point though a win would have been great after drawing at OT and WHL and losing at Goodison Park. With this point, we certainly need to win our next 2 home games against Swansea and Liverpool to make it a good return. Otherwise, it will be a disaster. And anyway, happy also that we finally got a clean sheet in league, only our 2nd in the last 12 games!

Didn't watch the game and sounds like it was a very dull game. Having just seen the result and lineup, can't say I'm surprised by Mourinho's defensive approach to this game, except for the part where he went 4-3-3. It's his nature after all but given it is away from home, against one of the big teams, think I'm happy enough to see us getting at least a point though a win would have been great after drawing at OT and WHL and losing at Goodison Park. With this point, we certainly need to win our next 2 home games against Swansea and Liverpool to make it a good return. Otherwise, it will be a disaster. And also, happy that we finally got a clean sheet in league, only our 2nd in the last 12 games!

A disaster? Why does ever one act like we have always been the nailed on favorites to win the title?! We are contenders no doubt, but the target has always been top 3. No need to put that kind of pressure on the players that they NEED to be top of the league when City and Arsenal have better squads than us.

A disaster? Why does ever one act like we have always been the nailed on favorites to win the title?! We are contenders no doubt, but the target has always been top 3. No need to put that kind of pressure on the players that they NEED to be top of the league when City and Arsenal have better squads than us.

Did I specifically say it's about the title race? No. Maybe I did have that in mind and seem to imply that but even if we're not talking about the title race here, it's still important we win those games especially being at home to ensure we stay in the top 4 with everything being so tight at the top and in and around it at the moment.

Did I specifically say it's about the title race? No. Maybe I did have that in mind and seem to imply that but even if we're not talking about the title race here, it's still important we win those games especially being at home to ensure we stay in the top 4 with everything being so tight at the top and in and around it at the moment.

Of course it is important to win every game, especially at home, but I won't commit suicide if we did not beat Liverpool at home.

The team was set up to make Arsenal ineffective and at every opportunity Ramires going forward to help Hazard, William and Torres. This worked effectively for the greater part of the game and Ramsey was playing more in their own half also Ozil was frustrated for most if the game . I was seating behind our bench and noticed Jose's anger when Iva was turned in the 80th min, sensing danger he moved Ram to the right and brought in Luiz to play in front of Lamps and Mikel. Although not Torres I believe Luiz did as much if not more than Torres will have done in 7 min: won a free kick and 2 corners. Seating at the Arsenal end you could feel fear in the 1st 15mins and relief they didn't lose at the end. Also funny to hear them sing 'shit to your History' at us: Happy with the draw

Thanks, I will not need to rewatch the match.

When Oscar was coming in, I was thinking that Ramires was playing in the right side but I was focusing on Oscar and as he was playing behind Torres and as the forward when Luiz was coming for Torres, Ramires on the right was making sense but I was not sure.

I was surprised to see Oscar with not his usual amount of energy, he looked lost when he was coming in.