Nelson Mandela Dies At Age 95!

Rmpr

BBC:

South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies

South Africa's first black president and anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela has died, South Africa's president says.

Mr Mandela, 95, led South Africa's transition from white-minority rule in the 1990s, after 27 years in prison.

He had been receiving intense home-based medical care for a lung infection after three months in hospital.

In a statement on South African national TV, Mr Zuma said Mr Mandela had "departed" and was at peace.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25249520

He was one of the most iconic pacifists in the world, his life story is beautiful and inspires a lot of people even today. Simply irreplacable!

He will be missed...

Sir-Nelson-Mandela-holding-World-Cup.jpg

RIP! :cry:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not have the words to express what an incredible person Nelson was. I hope this thread does not turn into a political argument.

But people allow people if they wish to pay their respects, they are allowed to do so.

I have such deep admiration. I have spent so many years reading about this inspirational man. HIs story is truly extrodinary, when you think how long he spent in prison to come out unchanged, in no way bitter or angry but still believed in change. To then go from being in prison where he could have easily died, he became President, it is such an incredible story.

The difference he has made to people in his 95 years. I really can't do any justice to him with words, so I simply say..

REST NOW MADIBA....

madiba.jpg

His early work in fighting racism/apartheid was as good as many of the other fighters, but he was the most articulate. Later he became an icon, and a photo opportunity for world politicians, pop stars etc.

A sacred cow like the dalai lama to further their own careers.

Thatcher called him and the ANC terrorists, and he snubbed Blair and Bush quite rightly accusing them of being warmongers for the invasion of Iraq.

Its a shame that the poverty and townships post-apartheid still exist, which proves you can fight racism, but its only a symptom of capitalism.

I was privileged to actually meet, touch and speak to this great person. He has inspired us in so many ways that it feels like I have lost someone really close to me. He has a heart the size of Robben island and if he could fit the world into it he would.