Stoke v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's completely different from the other set-pieces we conceded off. That is pure and simply a goalkeeping howler and it's not the first one this season from Cech.

Twice in winning positions his mistakes have drawn the other team level, and another one put us behind.

I really wouldn't ever expect to see us so bad at defending set pieces under mourinho...shocking really.

it was the same with real madrid. they conceded tons of goals at set pieces.

we are playing quite well. controlling the game and getting some chances. the goal was clearly cechs fault.

Dominate, dominate, dominate and then for the 4 consecutive time in back to back games we concede an AWFUL set piece goal.

We should've scored at least 2, maybe even 3.

We better not lose to this terrible team.

I really wouldn't ever expect to see us so bad at defending set pieces under mourinho...shocking really.

Clearly you haven't followed Mourinho's teams. I swear 75% of the goals Real Madrid conceded against small teams came from set pieces. Perhaps 50% from corner kicks. A lot of them during the first 10 minutes too.

I used to think this happened because of Sergio Ramos' stupidity but now I guess not lol.

Ramires's finishing and decision making cost us, Torres also doesn't time his runs correctly inside the box and once against set piece defending is bloody awful.

Still Stoke are drawing against the run of play, if we play like this in the second half we should still win this match - but I think it's time to bring on Ba, Torres hasn't reacted the way he should to his awful display midweek. We don't need someone to be passing the ball - we need a poacher to be in the right place to finish off the chances we create.