Basel v Chelsea

Jase

One of our Mata and Willian to put up a solid performance.

I reckon this won't be too easy

....................................Cech..................................

Azpi............Luiz............Cahill...............Cole

......................Mikel.............Rami................

Willian.............Mata........................Schurrle

.............................Torres...............................

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if Jose will make any changes for this game, especially when we're looking to build on yesterday's win. This game is on Tuesday, the Southampton game is on Sunday so I'm not sure rest is going to be an issue.

Plus Jose has a habit of wanting to take opportunities to seal qualification at the earliest opportunity, then you can fuck around in the dead rubber so why not let this team gel and make changes after 60 minutes?

Not sure if Jose will make any changes for this game, especially when we're looking to build on yesterday's win. This game is on Tuesday, the Southampton game is on Sunday so I'm not sure rest is going to be an issue.

Plus Jose has a habit of wanting to take opportunities to seal qualification at the earliest opportunity, then you can fuck around in the dead rubber so why not let this team gel and make changes after 60 minutes?

Not when he has one of the most expensive squads in the world. Squad rotation is just as important and these games are the best place for that.

Not when he has one of the most expensive squads in the world. Squad rotation is just as important and these games are the best place for that.

Rotation has it's place, but to do it for it's own sake after a good performance can be detrimental to a side's chemistry. You want to build some consistency especially after some of the results we had before yesterday, but he could decide to make half a dozen changes.

It's hard to look at yesterday's team and say anyone needs dropping to be honest.

Rotation has it's place, but to do it for it's own sake after a good performance can be detrimental to a side's chemistry. You want to build some consistency especially after some of the results we had before yesterday, but he could decide to make half a dozen changes.

It's hard to look at yesterday's team and say anyone needs dropping to be honest.

Yea...hopefully Mourinho can make his squad happy while keeping the team's chemistry intact.

I'd make half a dozen or more changes in this match and put up a side with all the best performers against Southampton on Sunday.

We need a bit of starting XI stability. It's end of november and while adjustments are still expected to be done for a few more months imo, I think we could use team stability now and keep the winning formula until it exposes its weaknesses and we struggle to deliver with that.

Squad rotation is for December imo when we have 9 games, including a potential dead rubber in UCL and a League Cup match against Sunderland. We'll also face a couple of bottom table teams, so in order to prevent tiredness and muscular injuries, I'd see some squad rotation then. Right now I think Mourinho wants to know what's his best team and formation and he needs to test yesterday's team against a stronger side (not that Basel is that much stronger, but Southampton on Sunday definitely is).

Exactly. Win this and make the last game a non-event. Especially important as throughout December we seem to be ceaselessly playing in cycles of Saturday/Sunday-Tuesday/Wednesday-Saturday/Sunday until mid-January. In that game you can give the likes of Schwarzer, Bertrand, Ba, de Bruyne minutes on the pitch. Win this game with a fair few days' rest between the Southampton game, and then we don't have a thing to worry about.

We should definitely not take this game lightly. If there's one thing that the matches against lousy Newcastle & West Brom have taught me is that we should approach all games by being very humble and careful. Let's go more or less all in from kick-off, and I've no doubt we will have a chance of winning big and rest the important players in the second half. IMO, we should play the same team as yesterday, just for the sake of keeping the rhythm and have a bigger chance of winning. Besides, Southampton is on sunday..

Right now I think Mourinho wants to know what's his best team and formation and he needs to test yesterday's team against a stronger side (not that Basel is that much stronger, but Southampton on Sunday definitely is).

With the highline Southampton play, i'd much rather have Willian or Schurrle in the team.

After reading the first two pages of this thread... Most people seems to want either a completely different side, or the same XI that beat West Ham. I reckon we should have a mix of the two. Same formation. A 4-3-3 with one of out CM/DMs staying put right in front of the back line giving the other two CMs license to go up field in counter attacking situations. Because of this, Mikel should start. The other two CMs are up for debate. Jose can pick from Lampard, Ramires, Essien... even Oscar can play there.

Im not too bothered with who starts up front for us but I'd like to see Torres gets some minutes.

The wingers we play wont be too much of a problem either. Whether it be Willian, Hazard, Schurrle, Oscar or even Mata we'll be okay i think.

Here's the team i think would be best suited for this match.

Formation: 4-3-3

Cech; Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahill, Cole; Mikel, Rami, Oscar; Schurrle, Torres, Mata

After reading the first two pages of this thread... Most people seems to want either a completely different side, or the same XI that beat West Ham. I reckon we should have a mix of the two. Same formation. A 4-3-3 with one of out CM/DMs staying put right in front of the back line giving the other two CMs license to go up field in counter attacking situations. Because of this, Mikel should start. The other two CMs are up for debate. Jose can pick from Lampard, Ramires, Essien... even Oscar can play there.

Im not too bothered with who starts up front for us but I'd like to see Torres gets some minutes.

The wingers we play wont be too much of a problem either. Whether it be Willian, Hazard, Schurrle, Oscar or even Mata we'll be okay i think.

Here's the team i think would be best suited for this match.

Formation: 4-3-3

Cech; Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahill, Cole; Mikel, Rami, Oscar; Schurrle, Torres, Mata

Essien isn't in the CL squad... Oscar doesn't play in the CM position at all.

I would like to see him tried there but at current he's never been played there under Jose. I doubt a CL fixture is the place Jose will experiment.

Following on from our sweet victory over the Hammers, I think that we still need to build team confidence and we need to put together a sequence of wins.We are kinda stuttering along, but another win against Basel might just galvanize us and give us a little more faith in our away form. I wouldn't tinker too much with the team that played West Ham. Maybe bring in Mata for Oscar...purely to give Oscar a rest and to give Mata a meaningful game, also rest John Terry and bring in Luiz. We will need to be at full strength against the Saints next Sunday.

Essien isn't in the CL squad... Oscar doesn't play in the CM position at all.

I would like to see him tried there but at current he's never been played there under Jose. I doubt a CL fixture is the place Jose will experiment.

Whoa... That unfortunate that he isnt there and we chose MVG whose gonna be out for the year over him :cry::cry: I reckon Oscar could. I mean, if we have Mikel and Rami alongside him... he can play the same role as Lampard did on Saturday

We are playing boring football I thought we had moved on frm this defensive type of football, to be honest I think Mou is not the right coach for us any more would hv loved Klopp. We haven't had a game were we we dominated and were thrilled by so far this season its like 2004 all over again we are goin back to being a results machine, win at all costs. Hazard cant even express himself the way he did last season, we barely create chances on goal and if u hv noticed most of our goals are from mistakes by the opposition.