Basel 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Match thread made me sick with the way some went on, you would think they actually hated us.

Give your fucking heads a shake you cretins.......if you have fuck all decent to bring to the debate apart from "ha aha haaaaaaa" or Jose your shit then log out and fuck off you clowns.

Spoilt cunts.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we are through.

We played like shit. But we set out to get a draw and that backfired. We will still win our group.

Lesson learned, no reason to go overly pessimistic.

I'd agree if not for the 0 shots on target

OK dont panic and stay calm .. WE WERE SO UNLUCKY ...on any measure we were by far the better team ,,, it should have been 5 0 to us

oh and we should have had a pen when their no 8 handled in the area ... oh and the ref was against us ...

OK dont panic and stay calm .. WE WERE SO UNLUCKY ...on any measure we were by far the better team ,,, it should have been 5 0 to us

oh and we should have had a pen when their no 8 handled in the area ... oh and the ref was against us ...

The performance was horrible but not too concerned about the result itself. Sure it would have been good to get the point because with Schalke drawing at Steaua it would have meant us sealing the first place in the group but we’re through anyway and only need a point at home against Steaua two weeks from now to guarantee the first place so it’s really not such a big deal.

It was obvious that for Basel this was a life or death kind of match because now they are only a point away from qualifying to the knockout stages but our players couldn’t be bothered. Not giving a fuck is of course unacceptable and all that but I’m glad we slipped up here and not against West Ham last Saturday.

Our best game of the year followed by one of the worst matches I've ever seen us play. Pretty much everyone was awful (Except Cech who made a few great saves and our central defenders were OK and Hazard provided a spark when he came on. and that includes Mourinho who got the tactics and starting XI all wrong. Despite conceding, we actually played a lot better in the second half (which was easy to do). Basel thoroughly deserved the win.

Disappointed. We NEED consistency and we are not getting it. We qualify though so that's the silver lining!

Thoughts on the game:

-Oscar should have been rested for Mata. I know I'm biased seeing as he's my favourite player, but I don't understand him not playing, to the point of utter frustration, let alone not getting on when we needed a spark, some creativity. Weird. Very weird.

- Ramires was pretty shoddy but looked absolutely shattered. For all his performances this season so far we can allow him this one I'm sure!

- Torres looked pretty sharp when he came on, feel bad for Eto'o.

- We have depth but we didn't use it, the team looked and played like they had serious fatigue. I'm not one to blindly follow Jose's decisions and I'm not one to flip flop between love and hate either but he got it wrong tonight.

- Basel deserve the victory. I really enjoy Salah. He is a cracking little player and deserved his goal.

Ugh. Anyway, that's over, it was a long 90mins waiting for an inevitable Basel goal. Now hopefully we can regroup for a very tough test on Sunday. Come on Chelsea!

PS. Play Mata. It's making me sad seeing him on the bench.