Mario Mandzukic

BlueLyon

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

Rob Beasley thinks we could be signing him, i think he would be a great signing to compete with Costa who has those injury issues, Mandzukic is a great target man he can hold the ball up very well and knows where the back of the net is, a typical Mourinho player.

ROB @1RobBeasley

I reckon Mandzukic to Chelsea

Rob Beasley thinks we could be signing him, i think he would be a great signing to compete with Costa who has those injury issues, Mandzukic is a great target man he can hold the ball up very well and knows where the back of the net is, a typical Mourinho player.

ROB @1RobBeasley

I reckon Mandzukic to Chelsea

Not that I believe in that to happen though I read that Chelsea have intensified look for another forwards after Icardi's likely contract extension and competition for Dybala. Hence recent Lacazette, Griezmann rumours and now Mandzukic as well.

I wouldn't be against this transfer if he would be like for like replacement for Drogba. He's great aerial threat, can hold up ball well and is strong. Good replacement for what Drogba has now to offer. For something like 20m€ ~ 15m£ it's good deal, he gives Mou that necessary third option. Though I think we would still need another striker, replacement for Remy but someone really technical, who would give a genuine threat to Diego for his place.

Mandzukic wouldn't be a bad signing at all but why would he come here and sit on the bench though when that was one of the main reasons he left Bayern Munich for Atletico Madrid?

Mandzukic wouldn't be a bad signing at all but why would he come here and sit on the bench though when that was one of the main reasons he left Bayern Munich for Atletico Madrid?

because of how injury prone Costa is, if we had Mandzukic Mourinho would probably rotate them, like he did with Benzema and Higuain.

because of how injury prone Costa is, if we had Mandzukic Mourniho would probably rotate them, liike he did with Benzema and Higuain.

Easy to say that. But the point is, he would still only be a squad player and not a guaranteed first choice. I doubt he would want to join a club where his involvement depends on the other striker.

Easy to say that. But the point is, he would still only be a squad player and not a guaranteed first choice. I doubt he would want to join a club where his involvement depends on the other striker.

well i know i would, i would want to sign for a better club, get paid more money while knowing the 1st choice striker is injury prone, Mourinho will probably play Costa once a week next season and play Mandzukic in the midweek games i dont see what the problem would be, Costa would know it would benefit him not having to play every 3 or 4 days

I prefer we bring a winger who can also play as a striker, or a striker who can also play as a winger. Like Griezmann or Lacazette. 2 in 1, more money to spend elsewhere.

yes but i think Mourinho wants more of physical presence up front.

I prefer we bring a winger who can also play as a striker, or a striker who can also play as a winger. Like Griezmann or Lacazette. 2 in 1, more money to spend elsewhere.

We already have a striker who can play as a winger in Remy. So adding a pure striker with great aerial abilities would make sense.

Diego-complete striker

Remy-versatile striker

Mandzukic/Benteke-aerial/strong striker

We already have a striker who can play as a winger in Remy. So adding a pure striker with great aerial abilities would make sense.

Diego-complete striker

Remy-versatile striker

Mandzukic/Benteke-aerial/strong striker

I mean if Remy leaves.

• 1 year later...

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte wants Juventus' Croatia striker Mario Mandzukic, 30, after missing out on Everton's Romelu Lukaku.(Sunday Mirror)

This not a bad move cause I can see Costa getting banned a lot this season Mandzukic would be gr8 back up to have in your squad

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You