• Torres
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Luiz (sub)
    • Eto'o (sub)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I do not see all Chelsea games live, I am forced to use streaming. Sometimes, it works well, but still it´s too blurry. However, on Mondays I get to see all Chelsea games from the previous week on TV.

Tonight, live on TV I will watch Real vs Juventus. Looking forward to it.

Of course, I will peek at streaming to see manures getting hammered.

I thought Ivanovic did brilliantly to isolate Draxler last night, really impressive. Draxler did find pockets of space when he came central but in total he was shackled well and also full credit to Azpi and the job he was asked to do, very solid.

This was a fantastic victory no matter how you look at it.

At times... not as a rule. rotation in that position isn't a bad idea we have 3 good ones

i feel the back 4 needs consistency. just like in 2004-05, when ferrera-carvalho-terry-gallas was our back 4 unless the rotation was needed or injury forced mou's hand.

The strength showed by Oscar to set up Torres was magnificent, it really was. Also, something that has been missed is the run by Torres for the third goal from Eden. That run he wouldn't of made months ago, for me that run was as important as the goal itself, the defender didn't know whether to stick or twist but what a finish from Hazard.

Absolutely perfect away night that was.

Hazard-Oscar-Schurrle were pretty terrible for most of the game, so inaccurate and kind a apathetic but it was obvious the first two will get something out of those counter attacks, and they did which gave us the win together with some great defending from everyone.

I thought Lampard was very good, seat deeper than usual (deeper the Rami in attack), controlled our attacks, got the ball forword and for the wings- exactly what we need from him. I want that to happen in every game, he should play deep, not run to score goals like he does in most of our more "easy" games.

HAHAHA

My match ratings:

Cech - 8 - simply awesome when called upon. Total dominance of the penalty area and an excellent save from Neustadter to cap it off. Several other good saves from attempts later ruled offside, but he wasn't to know. Still the best in the business. Not exactly peppered with shots, but saved them when he needed to.

Ivanovic - 6 - a steady game from Ivanovic; nothing too fantastic, but definitely showing some signs of consistency at last. He even closed the wingers down yesterday...

Terry - 7 - top performance. We're a stronger side when Terry plays, and the way the defence was organised yesterday was top notch.

Cahill - 7 - the same as Terry, he totally bossed it. His inclusion ahead of Luiz was totally justified, and he vindicated that decision with a great performance.

Azpilicueta - 6.5 - another one who had a good game, albeit in an unusual position for him. You could tell, at times, he was a little uncomfortable as he was sucked inside quite a lot, but he defended very well on the whole. Seems to have lost some confidence in an offensive sense, though. That will come with game-time.

Lampard - 5 - an abject performance from Frank, in my view. Not quite sure what his passing stats were, but he gave the ball away cheaply on a couple of occasions and seemed to be a yard slower than everyone else. Definitely needs a rest.

Ramires - 7 - another one who had another good game; and he is having a top season overall. He was all over the pitch defensively, and of course set up Hazard's goal right at the end. Probably the most important player in our squad.

Oscar - 6 - Oscar had flashes of brilliance - the run for Torres' second goal was absolutely incredible. But he was quiet at points during the match, but that is only natural when playing away against a very strong opponent. Not a bad performance by any means, and he did well in an defensive role last night.

Schurrle - 5 - like Lampard, you could tell he isn't quite fit at the moment. He does a brilliant job for the team defensively and he had a couple of really good, probing runs from the wing, but he gave the ball away many times and didn't seem to be moving too well. Hopefully he hasn't exacerbated any existing injury.

Hazard - 7.5 - our best midfield player last night. He warranted his goal and seemed to be the most dynamic of all our offensive players, bar Torres. He's definitely back.

Torres - 8.5 - the Torres of old shows himself once more. Excellent all-round performance, and so unlucky not to have had a hat-trick last night. It isn't his goals that will endear him most to Mourinho, it is his work-rate, and the amount of times he worked back and won the ball and helped out the midfield... well, I lost count. That's why he will continue to be Mourinho's main man up front. He's our best striker and this performance proved it.

Mikel looked good when he came on, as well. Eto'o didn't have enough time to impose himself, and all Luiz did was give the ball away twice before nearly scoring a 30-yard screamer (the story of his Chelsea career?). Overall a brilliant night.