• Torres
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Luiz (sub)
    • Eto'o (sub)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to say Torres & Hazard weren't great today, I wanted to give my MotM award to Schurrle. Thought he put in a hell of a shift tonight, helping out Azpilicueta who at times didn't look comfortable playing LB. Having the German help him, a left-footer, worked well to attempt to nullify the threat down that flank.

And don't think Schurrle was at 100% either. Had ice wrapped around his foot after he went off.

A faultless solid performance to night for 90 minute! really delighted by the lads.

The only thing got on my nerve was the noise and all that rasping sounds they were making with all that drums and horns shiit! really hope we get back to them and give them a hard time when they come back to bridge make'em shiit in their shorts!

I agree those bloody drums were giving me a headache :(

Hazard-Oscar-Schurrle were pretty terrible for most of the game, so inaccurate and kind a apathetic but it was obvious the first two will get something out of those counter attacks, and they did which gave us the win together with some great defending from everyone.

I thought Lampard was very good, seat deeper than usual (deeper the Rami in attack), controlled our attacks, got the ball forword and for the wings- exactly what we need from him. I want that to happen in every game, he should play deep, not run to score goals like he does in most of our more "easy" games.

Impressive win. Couldn't watch the match hence would be grateful if anyone has a torrent of it or so.

When Eto'o starts scoring and we got Torres on decent form (his second goal was really well taken and his header to the post would have been one of the best headed goals ever, it was fuckin 15 yards out), we are serious contenders on all fronts.

It was a great 3 goals. I'm glad we can score even though we played pretty bad offensively most of the match. Schurrle was awful.

I don't know if you can call him awful... He was isolated on the left flank with no help on the overlap. He put in a decent shift defensively too.

brilliant performance. we got an early goal, sat back and tried to counter whenever possible. brilliant tactics by jose and brilliant execution by the players. we have looked so dangerous on counters and not just against teams like norwich, cardiff , schalke but even against bayern. just goes on to show the work being put up in the team.

cech - ANOTHER brilliant performance. the operational word here is ANOTHER. i mean to rate him is a little difficult cos he is never below a 8. keep it up PETR. 9/10

iva - to be honest, after his weekend antics i was a little worried of how he ll perform against draxler and i wanted azpi to start over him. but a solid performance. probably was

at mistake at one point where he was dragged away so easily by aogo while he let draxler run directly at the defence. except for that dont remember any thing that he did wrong. 7.5/10

cahill + terry - i dont see the point of ranking the cbs individually when both were so good and solid. cahill+terry has been our BEST CB partnership this season. any1 who denies it must be blind. they complement each other brilliantly, both are solid at the back, good in the air. would definitely be my starting CBs against city on sunday. 8.5/10

azpi - got himself into some awkward position as his clearing today was poor by his left foot. but a good performance none the less. some great blocks. 7.5/10

ramires - THE BOSS!!! where does he get his reserves of running from. just brilliant. even though he has to work on his first touches a little. plenty of times in the first half he started the counter and was central to every counter that was happenin in the first half but due to his poor first touches, we lost the ball or the schalke defence/mid cleared. nonetheless, good game. 8/10

lamps - decent game. a proper CDM performance. played well but i feel in such matches when the long ball is not going to do the trick or is not required, mikel would be a better player. but we will need his vision and long balls against city. would be interesting how he copes with silva and toure. 7/10

hazard - what a PERFORMANCE!!! those 2 touches which led to the 2nd goal. ORGASMIC!!! overall play was fantastic, and his workrate was immense. covered aogo runs most of the times. (i feel he could and probably should have passed the ball to torres for his hat-trick) 9/10

oscar - good performance. solid. worked really hard in the mid. and was central to our counters. player of the season so far. 8/10

schurlle - decent performance. defensively was brilliant, offensively was too direct. if it works in a counter then its awesome, if not then u get critisized. nonetheless a good, work-man like performance. 8/10

torres - BRILLIANT!!! and any1 who knows me remotely would fall off their chairs reading this. but credit where its due. today even his holdplay was better than decent. his general play was fabulous. what a dilemma for jose for the city match. torres or etoo??? NO IDEA!!! 9.5/10 - MOTM

subs-

mikel, luiz, etoo - mere formality by the time they came in. nothing much to do or did they do.

At times... not as a rule. rotation in that position isn't a bad idea we have 3 good ones

I don't know if you can call him awful... He was isolated on the left flank with no help on the overlap. He put in a decent shift defensively too.

He was not his normal self on the pitch. Scheme or not, I think this might have been the worst game for him.

I was impressed with Mourinho mostly; you can really see the team changing and improving throughout the last couple of matches. We look much more solid, and increasingly clinical. Perhaps not yet the sparkling football that one day will come, but already we show great maturity and most importantly, we get results.

So thank you, o, Happy One, for making us happy!

I was impressed with Mourinho mostly; you can really see the team changing and improving throughout the last couple of matches. We look much more solid, and increasingly clinical. Perhaps not yet the sparkling football that one day will come, but already we show great maturity and most importantly, we get results.

So thank you, o, Happy One, for making us happy!

We have won 4-1, 3-1, 4-1 and 3-0 in the last 4 matches. Scoring 14 goals in the process. And our defence looks the best it has been in 6 years.

And most importantly our strikers have scored goals :dance:

Mourinho is a beast

In the first half as I was watching the game I thought, here we go again. The team sat back after Ferda scored.

Then, I realized the genial tactics of Jose. This man has shown me more geniality in the last 3 Chelsea´s games than I saw in the whole of last year´s season. Jose single handedly won games for the team by applying very shrewed tactics.

This important win will start Chelsea on much greater results, soon. Currently, Chelsea are still not playing at their best, but they are getting there. Next game, Schalke at London, once again I expect nothing but a win, as I predicted 3 zip for last night´s game.

I believe, Chelsea under Jose will go a long way in CL competition now.