• Torres
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Luiz (sub)
    • Eto'o (sub)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel the back 4 needs consistency. just like in 2004-05, when ferrera-carvalho-terry-gallas was our back 4 unless the rotation was needed or injury forced mou's hand.

Yes in an ideal world the back four need to be set. but when you have three players like we have right now rotation isn't a bad thing. And on the Cahill-Terry partnership there have been more than a few games when one of them have been caught out or held a bad line to play someone onside.

For me, with JT closing in on the end of an era its important to have both Cahill and Luiz playing well and also playing. Its a delicate thing trying to find the right balance to keep everyone game fit but in my opinion Jose is rotating them effectively right now.

Luiz always plays well in big games.

Ivanovic - 6 - a steady game from Ivanovic; nothing too fantastic, but definitely showing some signs of consistency at last. He even closed the wingers down yesterday...

About time really. He's okay at Right-back but I really wished he would close down wingers more. Seems to have improved on that now

Yes in an ideal world the back four need to be set. but when you have three players like we have right now rotation isn't a bad thing. And on the Cahill-Terry partnership there have been more than a few games when one of them have been caught out or held a bad line to play someone onside.

For me, with JT closing in on the end of an era its important to have both Cahill and Luiz playing well and also playing. Its a delicate thing trying to find the right balance to keep everyone game fit but in my opinion Jose is rotating them effectively right now.

Luiz always plays well in big games.

rotation is needed if there is some instability, or u need to rest a player. u dont rotate your squad against the likes of man city. so far this season cahill-JT have been SOLID. absolutely brilliant. the only goal which we have conceded when cahill-JT have played is against villa which was scored by benteke and that goal in itself was unstoppable (off the post and in).if any1 gets a blame for that goal, it has to be iva who let agbanlahor run easily past him.

moreover we look comfortable when playing with cahill-JT which is something that none of us can say for any of the games that luiz has started in so far this season.

as for holding a line, cahill-jt are better at that then any1 playing with luiz who is found out of position so many times in just one match. moreover against good-foxy strikers like negredo we need some stabilty which cahill-JT provide rather than luiz's dynamism.

so for me cahill-JT is a must start pair for the next game.

I love seeing Arsenal loose like the next Chelsea fan, but I don't get why everyone want them out of the CL.

First, them losing does no favors what so ever for the EUFA index of the EPL. Despite us winning it two back to back European trophies, English teams have been doing too well in Europe lately. In 11-12, both Manchester clubs went out from the group stages and we were the only English team in the quarter finals. Last season both we and City exited from the groups stages and no English team made it to the semis. A couple of seasons with no one making it past the quarter finals and the EPL could lose a CL place to Italy or even France.

Secondly, and more importantly, the more Arsenal are occupied in the CL the more chance they'll have of dropping points in the league. We don't want them to have much less midweek games than us towards the business end of the season. We all know if they end up in Europa, Wenger would most likely play his U21s and get knocked out from the first or second round. The longer they go in the CL, the better for us. Plus, I would honestly rather play Arsenal in the quarter finals or semis (if we reach them) than Dortmund or Napoli.

I love seeing Arsenal loose like the next Chelsea fan, but I don't get why everyone want them out of the CL.

I understand your logic, but you need to realize that most CFC fans actually hate arsenal. One more thing you forgot the mention is the fact that w/ le arse out of the UCL, it's one less chance for silverware & CFC fans can continue the chant that 'You won fuck all, in the x number of years'. :D Cheers!!! & stop making sense ;)

I understand your logic, but you need to realize that most CFC fans actually hate arsenal. One more thing you forgot the mention is the fact that w/ le arse out of the UCL, it's one less chance for silverware & CFC fans can continue the chant that 'You won fuck all, in the x number of years'. :D Cheers!!! & stop making sense ;)

Even if they qualify, they don't have the slightest chance of winning the CL. I hate Arsenal as well, that's why I want their chances of finishing above us as low as possible.

since i did not see any updates being posted about our youth team and since i dont know exactly where to post it, i will just post it here

our youth team too won against schalke in the youth CL. 2-0 with goals from baker (pen) and ake. we are the only team (except for barca) to have a perfect start (9 points out of 3 games) in the youth CL. cheers from our youth team!!!

since i did not see any updates being posted about our youth team and since i dont know exactly where to post it, i will just post it here

our youth team too won against schalke in the youth CL. 2-0 with goals from baker (pen) and ake. we are the only team (except for barca) to have a perfect start (9 points out of 3 games) in the youth CL. cheers from our youth team!!!

And Real Sociedad.