Chelsea v Basel

Jase

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose Mourinho confirms both Frank Lampard and Oscar will start tomorrow's game. There are no injury worries, everybody's fit. #CFC

Wait. Does that mean Mikel is not injured as reported yesterday by Daily Mail?

And Ba did the press conference earlier with Jose, that might mean he may start tomorrow..

4 players under 22 means???

lets do some calculations

none of our striker, cant be the goalie, he wont risk kalas as a CB in the first match itself plus none of the other defenders are below 22.

so that is 6 positions accounted for.

lamps is starting so that leaves the other 4 positions. which means no mata and willian.

so i would guess

cech

azpi cahill JT bertrand

mvg lamps

kdb oscar hazard/schurlle.

striker (who cares).

atleast i hope this is the team.

Could be a 4-3-3

MvG

Oscar Lamps

Mata KdB

Ba?

This way Mata can play.

Also there is a good chance he's just fucking with us with his team sheet clues at the press conference. :-P

No injuries ,Jose said . Great news and great team selection if true after the Everton defeat. Rammy suspended and hopefully the rumours are true and Lampard and MVG are in midfield ,Jose's reading of a game is superb and he will have seen what was wrong at Everton if this is true .

It is based on nothing more than a hunch, but I think Mourinho likes pairing Oscar and Lampard and will generally start Mikel in the middle when Mata starts there. Oscar's defensive ability allows Lampard to get forward but Mata may require a true defensive midfielder. It's about balance.

It is based on nothing more than a hunch, but I think Mourinho likes pairing Oscar and Lampard and will generally start Mikel in the middle when Mata starts there. Oscar's defensive ability allows Lampard to get forward but Mata may require a true defensive midfielder. It's about balance.

That's obvious to me also but for this game I think mikel/MVG will start with oscar and lampard

Could be a 4-3-3

MvG

Oscar Lamps

Mata KdB

Ba?

This way Mata can play.

Also there is a good chance he's just fucking with us with his team sheet clues at the press conference. :-P

even then there are only 3 players under 22 - mvg, oscar, kdb with lamps, ba , mata, back 4 and cech all still being above 22.

maybe another false 9 game with schurlle up ahead. :)

Watching Real and Utd play slightly worrying they have such good strikers who usually score you goals sadly we are seriously lacking in this department. Also tomorrow is not the time to experiment with Utd and City getting good results we need to show we can do it just as good.

Do you think we could rent RVP?

even then there are only 3 players under 22 - mvg, oscar, kdb with lamps, ba , mata, back 4 and cech all still being above 22.

maybe another false 9 game with schurlle up ahead. :)

False 9 is turnin out to be like last season's 'Luiz in midfield'...not a long term solition. Besides it didn't work out as well.

But u'll never know Mour :-)

Did Mourinho say 4 under 22 year old players will start? I wonder if that includes Kalas and van Ginkel ...

Yes he said it.I'm taking it to mean that he fielded several players that are 22 and under rather than selecting a more "mature" team. I doubt Kalas will start as Mourinho will be gunning for a win here off Everton's defeat and may be less likely to sacrifice defense. Definitely hopeful for Van Ginkel. His four players might be Oscar (21), KDB (22), Schurrle(22) and Eden(22)

Watching Real and Utd play slightly worrying they have such good strikers who usually score you goals sadly we are seriously lacking in this department. Also tomorrow is not the time to experiment with Utd and City getting good results we need to show we can do it just as good.

Do you think we could rent RVP?

For me our striker situation will be the death of us this season. We have already seen against Everton how poor finishing can turn out, whilst this was one game it's our weakest point in the team. And whilst it is difficult to identify the ideal striker for us to get, the three we have in Eto'o, Ba and Torres for me is very worrying.

I think it will be Van Ginkel (yeah!) Eden, Oscar, KDB with Torres up front, although going for Eto'o might do the team good in the long run if it allows him to gain his rhythm in our team. Schurrle, I don't expect to start this time.

I just hope we look good out there tonight!