Christian Atsu

Ainsley Harriott

Says the fact that he went on tour with us. He did have a great preseason and his talent is undoubted, but he's still very very 'rough' and needs a lot of work. Especially off the ball. Vitesse couldn't play him as a winger because of that and he ended up as a striker.

Going on preseason means sweet fuck all. Traore is what, 18-19 and a reserves/youth player while Atsu has been at Porto. Don't know how anybody could consider Traore a better prospect. That's not taking anything away from Traore or his talent, of course.

Going on preseason means sweet fuck all. Traore is what, 18-19 and a reserves/youth player while Atsu has been at Porto. Don't know how anybody could consider Traore a better prospect. That's not taking anything away from Traore or his talent, of course.

You should really have a look in the Traore thread and see the comments there :P Some people wanted him thrown right into the first team when he got his license!

"Suppose I end up at a big club and go to the bench or I go to a team where they play counter-attacking football.

'That would feel to me as if I'm going to the office and then having a nap on my desk."

Outch Atsu....

Christian Atsu prepared to leave Chelsea again on loan

"Suppose I move to a bigger club and am placed on the bench or I move to a team that plays counter-attacking football, that would leave me feeling like I am going to the office and taking a nap on my desk."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9289986/transfer-news-christian-atsu-prepared-to-leave-chelsea-again-on-loan

What he said made sens, but should not tell that in public

• 2 weeks later...

Let's face it, this guy was never bought to be part of our team. Buy cheap, hope he impresses on loan, sell for £10m. It's like printing money.

He offers something different to our team....I would not be surprised to see Jose keep either Atsu or Piazon next season as squad depth..

I'm probably off but Atsu reminds me of what Malouda could have been if he was used as a hybrid winger-midfielder. Pacey, good technique, great dribbling, defensively aware. Not a player that will "wow" you but one that is solid allround and efficient in his actions.

I'm probably off but Atsu reminds me of what Malouda could have been if he was used as a hybrid winger-midfielder. Pacey, good technique, great dribbling, defensively aware. Not a player that will "wow" you but one that is solid allround and efficient in his actions.

Malouda .. when he was good he was very very good ,,but when he was bad he was FUCKING AWFUL

If he were to be in the squad or next season, what will happen to Salah?

Jose mentioned that Salah plus 1 of our loanees would make up the six to go to war next season

• 1 month later...

Shown some flashes..he certainly knows how to find space..some crosses need to be better but that goes for our first team regulars too..one for the future maybe...tho there's alot of competition for places under contract for us.

Ive always thought we should get Gronkjaer back to coach crossing :yay: