Christian Atsu

Ainsley Harriott

• 2 months later...

He's been playing at CM the entire season, but he just had an excellent 80 mins on the left wing. Everyone talks about Piazon and Traore, as they should because they are fantastic talents, but from the ten or so Vitesse matches I've seen this season, Atsu has been the standout performer among the three, imo. Even when Vitesse had a slump in the past month and were playing poorly, he maintained his level of performances.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like it's all about Atsu especially this second half of the season for Vitesse. Apparently just had a great match for them and scored a goal too.

Yeah, Piazon has gone missing in the second half of the season and Traore still looks very raw and really needs to work on his off ball work from what I've seen, but Atsu has been consistently good. I really like him in central midfield, but I also like him on the left wing. Very versatile. Could be the perfect squad player.

• 3 weeks later...

He'd be the perfect squad player because he can cover all over midfield. But I think a season more on loan. He's really settled at Vitesse right now and he's been one of their key players if not the key player for them this season. No point recalling him just to make the bench a hand full of times.

• 2 weeks later...

I think he will take up slot 6 of our am, Jose mentioned that 1 of loanees would take up the space,Interesting i think its tossup between Moses(maybe sold)and him think Hazard jnr will get a harder loan assignment nxt season,Markin will b sold,Piazon another loan also.But looking at the age of the am think they will there for afew years to come !!!

Deservedly so. Has been their best and most consistent player. Big statement this over the likes of Piazon and Traore who are supposedly much bigger prospects.

Traore is a bigger prospect than Atsu? Says who?

But you are right about consistency. Piazon was the best Eredivisie player in the first half of the season. In the second half he's been horrid.

Traore is a bigger prospect than Atsu? Says who?

But you are right about consistency. Piazon was the best Eredivisie player in the first half of the season. In the second half he's been horrid.

Says the fact that he went on tour with us. He did have a great preseason and his talent is undoubted, but he's still very very 'rough' and needs a lot of work. Especially off the ball. Vitesse couldn't play him as a winger because of that and he ended up as a striker.