Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

This could be a brilliant signing. Given our past our recent history signing strikers I'm keeping my fingers crossed but even so getting what was in my opinion the best striker in the world a few years ago on a free transfer and with a pay cut is quite a deal. He's still got some years left in him and I don't think he was really giving his all at anzhi and if Jose can get him motivated and back even to somewhere near his best it would be superb. I just watched this video of all his goals for inter. With eden, oscar, schurrle, kevin, juan, willian etc. providing it has the potential to be brilliant. I think Lukaku could learn a lot from him as well.

It was a free transfer huh?

Could anyone tell me the details of the transfer. Wage, contract-length and if there was one, the fee?

Wage i dont know, but it was a fee transfer because Anzhi wanted to get rid of his wages and he signed a 1 year contract here.

"I’d rather sell groundnuts in my village than to play for a pathetic team like Chelsea." -eto

I'd rather see a young talent play that loves his club instead of guys ending their career and only think about money.

Ridiculous. He took a massive wage cut and signed on for just a year.

He really isn't thinking about the money. He's obviously challenging himself too.

Wage cut.. Anzi wasn't able to pay him anymore due to the cutback in their fundings..

Of cours he thinks about the money else he wouldn't have gone to Anzi in the first place..

It is a challenge for him tho, I'm curious if he still reaches his old level.

Wage cut.. Anzi wasn't able to pay him anymore due to the cutback in their fundings..

Of cours he thinks about the money else he wouldn't have gone to Anzi in the first place..

It is a challenge for him tho, I'm curious if he still reaches his old level.

Actually, mate, do a research and stop with this fucking hate. Kerimov, Anzhi's owner, has a big respect for Eto'o and, even though he said he wants to get rid of all the players with big wages, he told Samuel that in case he won't sign with any club untill the deadline day, he'll be free to stay in Anzhi without taking a salary cut.

Ridiculous. He took a massive wage cut and signed on for just a year.

He really isn't thinking about the money. He's obviously challenging himself too.

Some of these Belgians give a bad name to their compatriots. Not only is that quote fabricated he actually took a wage cut to get a chance at another big club. Obvious agenda now that Lukaku's place in the team is in danger.

Eto'o > Torres, Ba & Lukaku. 37 goals and 15 assists at Inter only a year ago. One of the most natural finishers ever, brilliant link up play and his movement is unreal.

Free transfer, wage cut and only a one year deal. Bargain.

For the people calling him a mercenary. Anzhi offered him a deal to make him highest paid footballer on the planet he'd be a fool not to take it especially after an illustrious career.