Chelsea v Aston Villa

Jase

The reason for Moses not being on the bench isn't a mystery. Schurrle is the better player in many people's and probably Mourinho's eyes. This is what depth is.

Schurrle played most of last season on the left and played perfectly fine yesterday when he came on deployed mainly on the right. In fact, vs Hull City he proved that he can be an impact player coming off the bench. With a slightly rotated forward line this game (Mata for De Bruyne, Ba for Torres), we need at least some bench consistency in case the forwards fails to produce and get the chemistry going, hence Schurrle being there to just potentially pick up where he left off last time if needed. No need to take up a substitute spot with Moses who doesn't offer as much as Schurrle.

Also, after Schurrle's little time out during pre-season, coming on vs. Hull City was a good way start to regaining his fitness. Should he come on today, he should be ready for a start vs. Manchester United should Mourinho see fit as he'll want high work-rate players for that game (I'm being bold and guessing it'll be Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle for the Utd game.)

Good post. Don't think Schurle will start against United though, think he'll be brought on. Can see Jose going with either Oscar or KDB on the right, as both will be able to drop back and help out the middle, which is an area we can dominate v United.

Kudo's if you call it right though, I think Schurrle just offers that little more end product then Moses, but I'd like us to keep hold of Moses, proved last season he's a great squad player.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd think Lamps, Mata would get subbed at some point for Van Ginkel and KDB just cause they might not be fit enough to play all match. The last sub would prolly be Lukaku or Schurrle depending on the scoreline. Lukaku if we need a goal, Schurrle if we want to lock down the flanks.

I'll bet anything that Torres starts if he's fit.

I agree .... and Lukaku to come in. He will spend his first weeks as a power sub. I don't know why people don't get this. If you want to treat him right psychologically, you don't run risks of burning him (his confidence I mean) - you rather burn Torres or Ba. Take it easy with Lukaku and by January he will rip teams apart.

Promise :-)

I'd think Lamps, Mata would get subbed at some point for Van Ginkel and KDB just cause they might not be fit enough to play all match. The last sub would prolly be Lukaku or Schurrle depending on the scoreline. Lukaku if we need a goal, Schurrle if we want to lock down the flanks.

Can't see Mata lasting the full 90, especially with United on Monday.

Moses isn`t on the bench because he`s Chelsea`s /6 attacking midfielder. You have the three starters and then 2 AM subs and Ramires to cover there if needed. Despite what people were saying in pre-season (never learning the lesson that it doesn`t matter) Moses is on the periphery of the Chelsea team and is not likely to play meaningful minutes barring a couple major injuries.