Chelsea vs Hull City

BlueLion.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is what happens when you wake up 2am because you're anxious about a football match and your boyfriend snores louder than the fans chant at SB.

It's corny, cheesy, dramatic and probably embarrassing, but I'm a girl... and a girl who likes to write :P

And we meet again, my friend. As we were destined to. Oh, the inevitability of our paths crossing always comforts me in your absence, but nothing surpasses the delight of your presence.

The moment I’ve longed for, the split second that makes everything come to life in a way rationality doesn’t convey. As it shouldn’t. For you’re my passion, my joy, my affliction, my heart.

As I hear the voices, echoing your glory; as I see the flags shuddering, taking a life of them own in a dance of worship; as I see the youngest ones bursting into excitement in the mass of lovers waiting for their moment to come I know you’re home. It’s like the sea, Blue as it should, momentarily grasped in a Bridge, representing an ocean spread all over the Earth.

I’m ready for you, dressed in a royal dark shade of cyan, my heart on my sleeve, and in its place on my chest a badge that became my second skin, tattooed, sewed, imprinted in my body so profoundly that it reaches the depths of my soul.

And then it starts. One by one eleven men step into the Olympus, under the happy, supporting look of a Special One. There’s an unfathomable explosion of adrenaline. My body reacts as if there was a Lion roaring near me. That’s when I know for sure you’re here and I’m reminded of what you represent.

The pride of a city that was elevated to the halls of champions; that had had its name perpetuated in the annals of greatness because of you and you alone. It will always go down in history, but that’s not your own history because you’re bigger than any silverware could acknowledge. They compliment your glory, translate to the less unfortunate souls - the ones who don't love you - your size, although I suspect they’ll never understand. I won’t lie though, the room of your laurels is the apple of my eyes. And in the days I have that other kind of blues, your crowns will still bring joy to my heart and I’ll remind everyone else that you've been immortalized, you're eternal.

Then there’s a whistle. That’s the moment my heart longed for. When all emotions come together and the world comes to the feet of eleven heroes. There’s no prediction, there’s no certainty, there’s no assurance, except that I’ll be with you no matter what happens. From now on anything could happen. There are days that I cry, others I sing, sometimes I curse, sometimes I scream. Or others, just like that one day when words escaped me. When I tugged on my light navy fabric of hope, my heart unsure if it was supposed to stop or to compulsively beat.

You’re here, finally, and I can’t wait to witness you taking a glorious bite out of this world. For you we chant, for you we yell, for you we jump, for you we shed tears and do the unthinkable.

And how thankful am I for going through this life with you. It wouldn’t have been the same, it wouldn’t have been as special, it wouldn’t have been as thrilling. Some days you’ve made me age a few years in the span of minutes, but instead of taking away from my lifetime, you made me feel like I've lived more than one.

Welcome back, my friend. Welcome back, my Chelsea.