• Hazard
    • Lukaku
    • Torres(sub)
    • Moses(sub)
    • De Bruyne(sub)
    • Essien(sub)
    • Azpilicueta(sub)
    • Schurrle(sub)

Great work out. As I said, Madrid have a number of players in their prime right now, Ronaldo, Ozil, Benzema, Khedira, Marcelo, Ramos, Pepe

Where as we have young, rawish talent in Van Ginkel, Hazard, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Azpilcueta, Oscar.

Madrid look a week or two ahead of us, but thats nothing to worry about. We should be fine for Hull on Sunday week.

Van Ginkel looked excellent today. Roma selection is going to be intriguing, as I could see both Van Ginkel and Moses doing enough to start.

Onwards and Upwards, good preseason overall. Roll on Roma, should give us an indication into the teamsheet for the first game of the season

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good feel of the up coming game. But is not that bad a better test which is ok, then lesson are learned in our super cup game coming that is the focus of hight for Jose first cup target and you all know that

the most disappointing aspect of the 2nd half was inspite of having a good share of possession, we simply did not have any penetration. moses was hugging the line and kdb/essien changed the play towards him but there was no run in the box, and no movement around him. hazard was piss poor today on so many different levels. definitely need mata.

If anything, this game just showed us our problems from last season are still present and not 'cured' like how some people have been making it out since Mourinho returned. We still got defensive deficiencies, as illustrated mainly for the 3rd goal (shocking, abject, abysmal defending!!!), lacking that bite in midfield and no top quality striker upfront that would make a huge difference for us.

Team needed real quality added in the summer after the debacle of finishing poorly once again in the league. However we went and added bit and part players. Schurrle, De Bruyne, Lukaku etc are good but don't really make us that much better. Our competitors are all adding elite talent meanwhile. Arsenal will get Suarez. United will probably get Fabregas. Madrid will get Bale. Barcelona got Neymar.

Just very poor on the part of the board. Now they'll add Rooney to sell shirts since that's their main focus.

facepalm and a half lol

No injuries so I'm fine. I don't get why people are going crazy for Van Ginkel's performance. He made a couple of great tackles but especially in the second half, Madrid's midfielders were left completely alone in the box on a few occasions which is usually where the DM should be. I don't know who was responsible for picking up those men but I do know that if that were Mikel instead of MVG, many people would be blaming him for not picking up the trailing man.

I think that only really occurred when Van Ginkel actually went off.

Real Madrid has a great team, and right now we don't have Mata, Luiz, we played with Lampard who is really in bad conditions, and we don't have Rooney yet. We are right now constructing the team it's normal that we can't beat or compete with a squad like Madrid.

But with some work we can win the League... I think.

We are right now in a level behind Barcelona, Madrid and Bayern. I don't think we are worst than Man United, Juventus or Dortmund.

Let's see what we can do.

Inter Milan when they won the Champions, they played in the group stage with Barcelona and were a lot worst than Barcelona. 3 months later Inter smashed Barcelona in San Siro.

And this, my friends, is exactly what we should expect to happen in nearly every match against the big boys if we sell Luiz. Cahill might be a good fourth choice CB and a useful player to have in the squad but he simply put it isn't good enough to handle the likes of Ronaldo and other skillful forwards. Terry is not the same as he once was and Ivanovic will play a decent amount of games at RB so do some of the people saying we should sell DL to Barca really think Cahill is up to the task of being the club's first choice CB?

As for the game itself, I don't mind the result too much. It's clear that Real Madrid deployed their best XI and we certainly did not so the scoreline could have been even worse. At least the lads got a decent workout in chasing Ronaldo all game. :lol:

1- With the current squad we do need another CB, but it seems some people think we should sell Luiz. Crazy.

2- Mourinho still has a lot to do, I still cant see what kind of football he wants,, or what of formation and players he has in mind.

3- a game like this is good to realize the weak points of players like De Bruyne and van Ginkel.

4- I have a feelling that Mourinho loves Ramire's game, and he will be a key figure under Mourinho.

Team needed real quality added in the summer after the debacle of finishing poorly once again in the league. However we went and added bit and part players. Schurrle, De Bruyne, Lukaku etc are good but don't really make us that much better. Our competitors are all adding elite talent meanwhile. Arsenal will get Suarez. United will probably get Fabregas. Madrid will get Bale. Barcelona got Neymar.

Just very poor on the part of the board. Now they'll add Rooney to sell shirts since that's their main focus.

Overreaction much? Unless buying Ronaldo or Messi, we cannot get to the level of Madrid in one season.

Sure we couldn't cope with Ronaldo but only really when our best defensive set up was no longer playing. Also it's pre-season. We will still be growing as a team and many of our players will be growing individually as well. Quality wise we can win the BPL titel this year, the CL is likely out of our hands this season. Sure. But not for that long. Or do you want to do a Man city summer? It's not like it helped them achieve much succes in Europe...

For me when watching the game when lamps or ramires(cm) MVG or KDB had the ball in midfield our attacking players were hiding behind the player marking them and not showing... we can't expect the mids to transition from defense to attack with no options presented... I honestly believe we are more than fine for the BPL with a combative two cm of MVG and ramires.. and lukaku is great and all but i see him as impact sub role a lot like moses.. cause torres had same service in second half and gave madrid more trouble.. but we can chalk that up to experience first time vs a team the quality of Madrid... All in all im very happy with the team we have and can't wait for Hull

Is anyone else afraid that the current squad won't work out this season?

Half of the team are not very consistent and and unreliable except Mata, Cole, Cech, and Hazard.

We will do alright but we are definitely not good enough to be a threat to Madrid, Barca, Bayern,...

Need a CB and a striker

No injuries so I'm fine. I don't get why people are going crazy for Van Ginkel's performance. He made a couple of great tackles but especially in the second half, Madrid's midfielders were left completely alone in the box on a few occasions which is usually where the DM should be. I don't know who was responsible for picking up those men but I do know that if that were Mikel instead of MVG, many people would be blaming him for not picking up the trailing man.

Real could have scored 4 more goals after they took MVG off