• Hazard
    • Lukaku
    • Torres(sub)
    • Moses(sub)
    • De Bruyne(sub)
    • Essien(sub)
    • Azpilicueta(sub)
    • Schurrle(sub)

What can I say here ? I am tired this morning, disappointed from the game itself.

Real were a better team, last night. Chelsea had trouble to touch the ball in the first 15 minutes. Marcelo scored at 14 minute, but somehow Ramires got free & equalized 2 minutes later. Jose decided to play Frank even though he was out of shape, played Ramires on the wing, totally useless there too.

After the half, Chelsea came on with several changes, things looked promising then. Hazard had a glorious chance to score, but the dimwit missed it. Then Real popped the 3rd goal in & the game was over.

One might say, it was only friendly. Like fuck, I say. This game showed me Chelsea still pretty far away from the top of the heap, I feel. Erratic passing, hardly any flow from the middle, defense not working together....plenty of mistakes were seen there.

Perhaps, Jose should consider to help the midfield, a creative midfielder would help a lot, instead of buying fucking shrek. After all, what good is a striker if there is no one to pass the fucking ball to him ?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So guys, I got up last night to watch the game and must say, I'm rather regretting having done so right now, since I arrived at work after 4.5 hours of broken sleep...

- woe me, where have those eternal college days gone... like summer rain through the mountains!-

I couldn't sleep at first, but later took solace in the fact that Madrid really are like the Navy Seals of football. Well, maybe not really since SEALS get trained

as a unit, and Real players are bought hoping to become a unit, but you know what I mean. No one gets into the REAL team until they're accomplished stars,

with a club policy that splurges exorbitant amounts of (tax!) money without thinking twice. I thought Spanish football, much like the country, had reached in

a state of financial crisis? Must not have reached the capital...

What's more is that last night, in stead of a spoiled, sulking collective of ego's we saw an overly motivated group coming together as a unit to get back at Mourinho.

Ronaldo really bossed it and I couldn't much flaw their performance. Lets' face it, a REAL team on fire like that can only be overcome either by something very special

or a stroke of luck. Neither of which we conjured up last night... So guys, I know emotions always run high when we combine sleep-deprivation with losing, but rather than

giving the (majority of our) players who underperformed last night too much stick, let's keep our chins up, the blue flags wafting from above, and find peace in

one of life's truest creeds; that sometimes you win, and sometimes you learn. If anything, this has given Mourinho the amunition he needs to improve the squad.

Blue regards from a walking zombie,

on a lighter note... instead of making my bf like football I guess I scared him to death.

He's never seen that side of me in the 27 years we know each other. Poor thing, might have nightmares tonight :)

OMFG LOL MOURINHO OUT, WE'RE FUCKING SHIT, SPURS ARE GOING TO FUCKING FINISH ABOVE US LOL AND LIVERPOOL TOO, WE'RE SO SHIT, BRING BACK DI MATTEO AND DROGBA WE'RE GOING NOWHERE! OUR PERFORMANCE WAS FUCKING PATHETIC, I CAN'T BELIEVE WE LOST TO ONE OF THE TOP FOUR TEAMS IN THE WORLD IN A FUCKING FRIENDLY! AWFULLLLLL!

OMFG LOL MOURINHO OUT, WE'RE FUCKING SHIT, SPURS ARE GOING TO FUCKING FINISH ABOVE US LOL AND LIVERPOOL TOO, WE'RE SO SHIT, BRING BACK DI MATTEO AND DROGBA WE'RE GOING NOWHERE! OUR PERFORMANCE WAS FUCKING PATHETIC, I CAN'T BELIEVE WE LOST TO ONE OF THE TOP FOUR TEAMS IN THE WORLD IN A FUCKING FRIENDLY! AWFULLLLLL!

Reminder of the likes! :P

angry-thor-is-angry.jpg

Am I concerned about the result or performance against one of the top four sides in the world, in a pre-season friendly?

Not one bit.

"Blessing in disguise" potentially. It shows we cannot compete with Real Madrid, or teams of that ilk. We still need to spend, and hopefully this speeds up Rooney's arrival, and makes José think twice - maybe we do need someone like de Rossi or Khedira to add some steel to the midfield.

José will have learnt more about his players today than he will have in wins over two piss-poor Italian sides right at the start of their pre-season, and a couple of woeful "all-star" teams.

This was a great experience for a young team, but defeat will also serve as an important reminder that we are not infallible, and whilst we still have momentum heading into the new season, results mean nothing in pre-season. All that matters right now is being in a good enough position to beat Hull and Aston Villa, and put in a performance against Bayern in our first three matches.

Anyone seriously concerned after this pre-season friendly against one of the top four sides in the world, please gladly line up so I can take you out with a single stroke of Mjolnir.

tumblr_mnvearY9ru1sqknbno1_500.gif

If anything, this game just showed us our problems from last season are still present and not 'cured' like how some people have been making it out since Mourinho returned. We still got defensive deficiencies, as illustrated mainly for the 3rd goal (shocking, abject, abysmal defending!!!), lacking that bite in midfield and no top quality striker upfront that would make a huge difference for us.

Agree to an extent.

I do take some comfort in the fact that this was a preseason match against one of the top sides in the world, but this "exhibition" brought up some painful reminders of our frailties last season, primarily in midfield and defense.

Just read Jose's comments, puts everything in to context.

Never nice to lose, but with losing comes a learning path, learn from it. Jose will get it right, it's one defeat in amongst some really good performances on this tour, let's not get too flustered.

So many making a fool of themselves rofl, yesterday drooling over some of our players, couple hours later: we'll never beat top teams with this team, we're so fucked. Get a grip lol.

I think this game was a good analysis that our defensive work needs to be improved upon. And I also agree with the point that our pressure when we don't have the ball needs to be looked at. But guess what its a pre-season game?! I'm not bothered by the result, although some Madrid fans think they've finally won the CL. The point of pre-season is getting fitness levels up, making partnerships in the team and trying different formations. Yes, it's a good wake up call that some problems need to be addressed - I would rather let players make mistakes in a pre-season rather than a PL or CL game.

Be interesting to see the Roma starting line-up though, as that might be an indication for the Hull City game.