Chelsea lodge £12million bid for ‘new Cristiano Ronaldo’ Bruma

ng9085df6f-98b1-463b-9872-002799bae6e9.j

Chelsea have made a £12million bid for Sporting Lisbon wonderkid Bruma after Real Madrid stepped up their the hunt for the exciting winger.

Blues boss Jose Mourinho has been monitoring Bruma for some time and has decided to make his move after the 18-year-old sparkled for Portugal at the Under-20 World Cup.

With Madrid also keen on the starlet, Mourinho is desperate to push through the transfer sooner rather than later.

According to the Abola newspaper, Chelsea contacted Sporting Lisbon on Monday to discuss a transfer, and have now slapped in a £12million offer.

The fee is said to be all up front, and includes the option for Bruma to remain on-loan in Portugal next season.

It’s not clear how the offer was received, but Sporting are ready to part with the player this summer if the price is right.

Chelsea already have close links to the player having signed his brother Buomesca three years ago, only for injuries to curtail his time at Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho now hopes that the negative experience won’t count against them as they push to close the deal, with Bruma already being tipped for the top.

Last month he was compared to Cristiano Ronaldo in the Portuguese press, due to his exciting attacking style.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/02/chelsea-lodge-12million-bid-for-new-cristiano-ronaldo-bruma-3865579/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2352050/Chelsea-offer-42-7million-Edinson-Cavani.html

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHOOOO!! lol well now this is out, everyone will try and buy him. I take it he's gonna be pretty good judging by his U20 WC record and the new Ronaldo tag. Meh just get him.

WHOOOO!! lol well now this is out, everyone will try and buy him. I take it he's gonna be pretty good judging by his U20 WC record and the new Ronaldo tag. Meh just get him.

don't get it. judging by the u20 WC english youth teams are utter shit and 18 year old english players are sold for far more than what is being quoted for bruma

he's a regular for sporting and I've seen him since the beginning (youth teams, sporting b ). he's a prospect. the most promising portuguese winger since nani

I'm the new CR7, but I can not play football, don't have that much money... still being much better looking than him.

So, sign me... I'll take 100.000/pw

PS: C'mon let's cut the crap.

he seems really talented but 15m is really a lot for someone who is unproven. futhermore he seems more a inside-forward than a winger...not what we really need tbh.

Remember the last 2 players signed from Sporting Lisbon by an English club for biggish fees? Ronaldo went on to be Ronalo and Nani wasn't too bad either when he was playing regularly for United. Means nothing but to say its a stupid buy or a bad buy without even watching him play (I've not seen him play either but heard positive stuff about him at the u20 World Cup) is a farce.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You