• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't we say we will loan him back to Sporting for a year? What more do they want?

After this, I doubt he'd want to go back there. Bizarre situation.

Guess it's up to the court to decide if a transfer fee needs to be negotiated, or his contract is terminated. Either way, this is going to go on a while longer.

Why would we do that? Bruma's contract is going to expire in 2014. All we have to do is wait a year and sing him free.

May be after a year, more clubs would be interested in him and we may not be the front runners for his signature. Hence the club wanted to secure him before anyone else does and then loan him for the next season to Sporting itself. But i doubt that will happen now!

Just saw on Goncalo Lopes' twitter account something on Bruma. This guy is a journalist for Diario de Noticias:

"Bruma didn't show up in the training this morning."

"Representatives of Bruma have requested to the court the annulment of the contract with Sporting"

"Bruma says he has no contract now with Sporting. The club says he has one until 2014"

"His agent just said that "someone" tried to abduct Bruma this morning"

"For some weeks now, Sporting had tried to meet with Bruma, to renew his contract, but the player never attended"

"He always sent his lawyer to talk with Sporting, but the club denied the meeting without the presence of the player."

"Now Bruma says he's a free agent"

"His agent just said that "some fans tried to kidnapp Bruma" and that it was Sporting who gave the call to do that"

"FIFA to decide now."

Lol. :lol:

On a serious note, I hope nothing bad happen to him though. You know some Sporting fans might become mad and really hate him now, if there are some truth in it.

Didn't we say we will loan him back to Sporting for a year? What more do they want?

Seems like that will not be the case anymore now. :)

Who cares if it is another Kakuta. We won the Kakuta case in the end, so we ahve nothing to fear. Actually we are not involved by now. It is a problem between him and Sporting and it looks like Sporting are definitely gonna lose. So their loss is our gain. Also I do not see any resemblance with the Mikel case, cos he has not yet signed a contract with us. The case goes to FiFA at first.

Getting here to play with reserves and go on loans would only ruin him like it has ruined many players before him. The best thing for him would be to stay in Portugal for at least a couple of seasons.

The players we supposedly ruined weren't even good enough anyway, otherwise their talent would have shone through when we let them go (ie Matic).

Despite contrary belief we don't cock up with young players as often as general opinion believes. Matic is the exception but the way a lot bang on i would think we make an error on that scale every season.

The players we supposedly ruined weren't even good enough anyway, otherwise their talent would have shone through when we let them go (ie Matic).

Despite contrary belief we don't cock up with young players as often as general opinion believes. Matic is the exception but the way a lot bang on i would think we make an error on that scale every season.

How would you know they would not have become good players had they gone to a club where they would have been a proper chance? It is just an assumption that their quality would show later because when we usually let them go they would have missed a huge part of their development. Admittedly it is also an assumption that they would have become great players had they been else where, but since we've had some of the highest rated youngsters in all of Europe like Josh and Kakuta and all of them have failed to become "good enough", I think it is only a fair conclusion to say that we are doing something wrong with those kids.

On any account, this whole discussion is a bit irrelevant since we've recently been making much better use of the loaning system as is evident from the the players that are joining our first team squad this season that were on loan last season.

How would you know they would not have become good players had they gone to a club where they would have been a proper chance? It is just an assumption that their quality would show later because when we usually let them go they would have missed a huge part of their development. Admittedly it is also an assumption that they would have become great players had they been else where, but since we've had some of the highest rated youngsters in all of Europe like Josh and Kakuta and all of them have failed to become "good enough", I think it is only a fair conclusion to say that we are doing something wrong with those kids.

On any account, this whole discussion is a bit irrelevant since we've recently been making much better use of the loaning system as is evident from the the players that are joining our first team squad this season that were on loan last season.

Having talent is just a part of the equation, to be "good enough" you have to have a lot more, one of my friends i grew up with is good enough to be a championship footballer if you only bring talent into the equation but do you know where he is? stacking shelves in Tesco's. On talent alone Josh and Kakuta would be regular starters for most teams in Europe, but the mental side of things seem to be screwing those two up.

It's not easy to randomenly put in young players at a top club where the pressure is so huge, even Fergie who's job security was higher than mine on fifa career mode with easy board difficulty wouldn't risk Cleverly and Welbeck until they had successful PL loans, Pogba never got much of a look in and United but since he has left his talent has shone through. To break in these days at Chelsea ot the Manchester clubs as a young player you need to be very patient and more often than not that usually requires loans.

Obviously the club needs to play their part, but most players we have let go wouldn't have made it regardless (Sinclair, Mancienne). The bit where we do fall short however is using our academy for squad depth (Cork imo would have been ideal for that role).

Having talent is just a part of the equation, to be "good enough" you have to have a lot more, one of my friends i grew up with is good enough to be a championship footballer if you only bring talent into the equation but do you know where he is? stacking shelves in Tesco's. On talent alone Josh and Kakuta would be regular starters for most teams in Europe, but the mental side of things seem to be screwing those two up.

It's not easy to randomenly put in young players at a top club where the pressure is so huge, even Fergie who's job security was higher than mine on fifa career mode with easy board difficulty wouldn't risk Cleverly and Welbeck until they had successful PL loans, Pogba never got much of a look in and United but since he has left his talent has shone through. To break in these days at Chelsea ot the Manchester clubs as a young player you need to be very patient and more often than not that usually requires loans.

Obviously the club needs to play their part, but most players we have let go wouldn't have made it regardless (Sinclair, Mancienne). The bit where we do fall short however is using our academy for squad depth (Cork imo would have been ideal for that role).

Both of us can only speculate what the problem because ultimately we don't see the players train, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes..etc But I feel that whatever the problem was/is, the club has to take at least part of the blame (even if the problem is player mentality then that is something we should have helped those players with). It can't be a coincidence that all of the top prospects that we've had here have failed to transform their potential to actual ability.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You