John Ruddy

James

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing what Turnbull and Hilario won, there must be a whole queue of GK's hoping to sit on a bench earning 40k a week and winning everything, travelling to the best stadiums, countries and competitions on the planet. What a life the number 2 or 3 Chelsea GK has. Best job in the whole fucking world imo.

Seeing what Turnbull and Hilario won, there must be a whole queue of GK's hoping to sit on a bench earning 40k a week and winning everything, travelling to the best stadiums, countries and competitions on the planet. What a life the number 2 or 3 Chelsea GK has. Best job in the whole fucking world imo.

Well not if you actually have passion for the game and feel like you are worth more than a few mintues each year.

Well not if you actually have passion for the game and feel like you are worth more than a few mintues each year.

Of course but think about it.... Getting 20,30,40k to play only a few games here n there with very little pressure yet winning loads of medals. It may be bad for Ruddy if he wants to get in the England squad but he'll never be England's number 1 anyway. I don't even reckon he's that great to be perfectly honest.

Of course but think about it.... Getting 20,30,40k to play only a few games here n there with very little pressure yet winning loads of medals. It may be bad for Ruddy if he wants to get in the England squad but he'll never be England's number 1 anyway. I don't even reckon he's that great to be perfectly honest.

It's not about the NT, it's about getting playing time... he probably plays football because he loves it, and he has a passion for it. So he wouldn't want to barely get any playing time for the price of money and trophies. He'll want to eventually get to a better team maybe but as a first keeper.

If I was offered to be the 2nd keeper I'd say yes but him... I don't think so.

Cech = Chelsea's number 1 from 2004-2016

Courtois = Chelsea number 1 from 2016 to 2028.

We're settled for a while in regards to our number 1 keeper. Any GK coming here will never be first choice so they'd only be coming for an easy life.

Chelsea are considering returning to Norwich City with an improved offer for their England goalkeeper, John Ruddy, having had an initial bid for the player rejected.

It also says that Hilario is likely to sign a new 12-month deal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/03/chelsea-john-ruddy-norwich-city

Metro also reporting the new 7m bid.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/03/chelsea-hope-to-finally-sign-john-ruddy-with-new-7million-offer-3867994/

It's not about the NT, it's about getting playing time... he probably plays football because he loves it, and he has a passion for it. So he wouldn't want to barely get any playing time for the price of money and trophies. He'll want to eventually get to a better team maybe but as a first keeper.

If I was offered to be the 2nd keeper I'd say yes but him... I don't think so.

One also gets to play football in training. I think many players would love to sit on the bench, get good money and their hand on trophies and sacrifice playing time. I reckon 40 games for a top club + loads of trophies + big wages are better than 400 games for a club no one cares about and never win a title and not that much money. Most important things in football are trophies and money and they have to think about their future after football, too.

Sky Sports understands the 26-year-old is interested in a switch to Stamford Bridge.

However, the Canaries are not willing to do business with Chelsea, and are looking at holding the player.

Ruddy has impressed since arriving at Carrow Road in 2010, following a string of loan spells during his time with Everton.

And it is thought that Chelsea are keen to bring him in to provide back-up to No.1 Petr Cech, with Thibaut Courtois again loaned out to Atletico Madrid.

Ross Turnbull has also been released this summer following four years at Chelsea.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8809461/

I don't get why they are so desperate to keep him. When he was injured Mark Bunn stepped in and was fantastic, & their U18s GK also looked very good in the Youth Cup.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You