• Ferreira(sub)
    • Cech(sub)
    • Mata(sub)
    • Benayoun(sub)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't understand the bashing of Torres. Was Atletico captain for three years, so he had more experience of captaincy than anyone else on the field in Chelsea blue last night.

Again, couldn't care less about the performance or the result - just glad the season is over. I can't take any more of this.

Not sure how we lost this game really. This was like the reversal of the game on Wednesday. We created tons of chances but only scored 3 goals when we should have netted in more. City didn't create much and basically converted almost every opportunity they got.

And oh, nice to see Torres handled the pressure of being captain very well...

Utterly fed up after that. Man City have just massively increased their popularity in the US after humiliating us twice. We've gained nothing from these games whatsoever except embarrassment. Well... Loftus-Cheek was the real positive. Now i know what the hype was for, he really has it the kid. Massive week for Man City though globally, well done to them. When we go back to the US in pre season, we better win some matches. It's all well and good saying it doesn't matter but those yank fans wont wanna keep following a team that always loses. Last pre season was bad enough, now this. I don't accept the 'it's only a friendly' crap, sorry.

Came back from the game around midnight.

Atmosphere was so-so. There were A LOT more City fans than I expected. Still though, the Chelsea fans outnumbered them 65/35.

Chelsea fans were louder too, starting chants, singing, etc.

I'm sorry about the pictures, they're not the greatest quality. My seats were in the nosebleeds.

288edc256455043.jpg 3c1730256455092.jpg 184dbb256455114.jpg f67986256455129.jpg 4e0922256455162.jpg ef37d6256455174.jpg 3d4f71256455195.jpg

Came back from the game around midnight.

Atmosphere was so-so. There were A LOT more City fans than I expected. Still though, the Chelsea fans outnumbered them 65/35.

Chelsea fans were louder too, starting chants, singing, etc.

I'm sorry about the pictures, they're not the greatest quality. My seats were in the nosebleeds.

288edc256455043.jpg 3c1730256455092.jpg 184dbb256455114.jpg f67986256455129.jpg 4e0922256455162.jpg ef37d6256455174.jpg 3d4f71256455195.jpg

Hope you had a good experience mate... Love it when the Blues visit! :wub:

City took these friendlies way too seriously in my opinion

I think that is probably how it should have been in all honesty on their part. We are their biggest rival for the league next season, and they ended this season by ending a statement they made in the community shield.

They owned us this year. From the start to the end. We'll have to do something about it because we seriously dont want this to turn into Arsenal again.

Surprised with how serious City entered those 2 games. Christ, like it was a CL final...

I can understand our players and you should give them some bloody space. We played so many games this season it's mindblowing, and travelling to America after such a season to play twats from Manchester who came in to die on the bloody pitch wasn't ideal ... I'm happy we managed to finish it without injuries because that's the last thing we need.

Yeah I expected more, but Dzeko, Tevez and Nasri always play the game of their life against us :rant: It's beyond ridiculous now :fainthv9: Tevez was just unstoppable in the 1st game :o

That aside, I can understand some players no having the game or their life or not dying for every ball out there. Besides, our young players who were out there were either younger or more inexperienced, or we had more of them then City.

I'm sorry we dropped that 3-0 lead in the 1st game though, idiotic really...

Ramires was our man of the match for me. Gave his all, caused City lots of problems and scored 2 goals. Loftus-Cheek, Ake and Christiensen did alright, though I haven't seen anything spectacular to be honest expect Ake's long distance shot that hit the crossbar.

That free kick from Mata!! :wub:

And Torres and captaincy...oh hell I'm just tired of everything around Torres...he was mediocre but not as bad as some of you make him out to be...I would never have given him the armband with Luiz on the pitch, but Luiz aside he was really the best candidate for it.

Well fuck it, it's over, let us welcome our new manager and kick some ass next season! :blue scalf:

Utterly fed up after that. Man City have just massively increased their popularity in the US after humiliating us twice. We've gained nothing from these games whatsoever except embarrassment. Well... Loftus-Cheek was the real positive. Now i know what the hype was for, he really has it the kid. Massive week for Man City though globally, well done to them. When we go back to the US in pre season, we better win some matches. It's all well and good saying it doesn't matter but those yank fans wont wanna keep following a team that always loses. Last pre season was bad enough, now this. I don't accept the 'it's only a friendly' crap, sorry.

American sports fans really aren't as stupid as some people here think. They understand the concept of a friendly match - in fact their own sports teams have exhibition matches before the regular season too, so they knew what this was.

There is no doubt City have a deadly offence. They also move the ball much faster once on the counter. We need a lethal striker & a Modric like player. Ba is definitely not a first choice striker, he can be a second striker imo.