Beepu

Playstation 4 or Xbox One  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which console will you get?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you guys realize that Playstation online isn't free on the PS4. I've read countless times that you will have to buy PSPlus! Still trumps Xbox though. You can used second hand games on the PS4 too without having to go online whereas on the Xbox One you can't use a game that has been played on another console unless it is from one of your friends list and is within 24 hours... WTF right!

I hope you guys realize that Playstation online isn't free on the PS4. I've read countless times that you will have to buy PSPlus! Still trumps Xbox though. You can used second hand games on the PS4 too without having to go online whereas on the Xbox One you can't use a game that has been played on another console unless it is from one of your friends list and is within 24 hours... WTF right!

Yeah, it was at the very last line of PS Plus content that it allows you to play multiplayer on PSN. However, a no issue for current members!

P.S: You were right! :)

I hope you guys realize that Playstation online isn't free on the PS4. I've read countless times that you will have to buy PSPlus!

I think that's a misunderstanding. I'm not sure you need PS+ to go online. The press conference did make it seem so though but I think Sony will clarify it soon.

^^ how much is it? By the way RMPR do you know if you can carry on with your PS3 account on the PS4 or do you have to make a new one?

Just rewatched the conference and it does seem to confirm that PS4 needs PS+ to go online unfortunately.

$5 a month. But yeah, your PS3 account moves over.

Just rewatched the conference and it does seem to confirm that PS4 needs PS+ to go online unfortunately.

$5 a month. But yeah, your PS3 account moves over.

I guess that would mean only one account per Ps4 too unless you want to buy anothet like on xbox or subsribe to PSPlus again!

The roar that broke out when they announced no restrictions and no DRM. Will be interesting if Microsoft do a complete U-Turn, because Sony have utterly raped them tonight.

I was always leaning towards the Xbox but even I have to say that last night Sony pulled way out in front. The price thing is an issue, simply because it's $100 cheaper and that matters to a lot of casual buyers (hardcore gamers either way won't mind too much). Something being £300-something is a lot different than being £400-something.

Paying for online isn't bad so long as Sony's online effort is better than it was on the PS3.

Personally though, I'm thinking I'll still wait and see. With GTA5 coming out then that's me sorted up until Christmas in all likelihood, and FIFA won't be worth playing on the next-gen consoles until there's enough people on FUT to make it worthwhile. Throw in the fact that the TV stuff won't be ready for the British market and that even stuff like COD, Assassins Creed and Battlefield will all be on current-gen and I think I'm going to wait and see which way the market goes. Might even wait until summer (although I have Amazon open on the gaming section as I speak.....I'm weak).

Sony's online fee will be small. Something like $5 per month for the basic PS plus membership. Another thing it raped Microsoft in.

I knew Sony would win E3 but not destroy Microsoft like it did. Sony's press conference was a true treat for all gamers. Just about everything we wanted, Sony gave it to us.

PlayStation 4 is a Gamer's console. Sony has returned to it's hayday. Happy days.

^^ how much is it? By the way RMPR do you know if you can carry on with your PS3 account on the PS4 or do you have to make a new one?

That is a bit of a mistery around this because they havent explicity said anything. They said you will now have "real" friend tags, and not "gamer" tags. And they also said you PS+ will carry over and will be multiplataform. However, there was no mention of how the transition will occur, no mention if media content will be shared through consoles (does movie rental on PS3 applies to PS4?, etc, etc, etc) and no mention of trophies. I am a little bit scared about it, but one would think they would not screw this up, right?

EDIT: IT WILL! :D

PS+ is shared across PS4, PS3 and PS Vita.

Yes, but that is for the same account. Meaning, if you have a PS Vita and a PS4, you wont need to pay PS+ twice. However, if you have two users in the same PS4, you will need two memberships...