Beepu

Playstation 4 or Xbox One  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which console will you get?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck this rule about not being able to play pre-owned games. How f*cked up is it that on this new generation, if I was to lend a game to a friend he'd have to PAY to play it, even though the game's already been purchased!!

As if EA, Ubisoft etc don't make enough having the nerve to charged an average of £40-50/game, now they want to do this?! Absolutely typical. Fuck Xbox One, fuck Playstation4.

My PS3 died of YLOD. Before that I use to play Fifa and MW3 on it everyday. When it died I dusted down the Xbox360 I got for Xmas which I had never even got out the box. I played it for about a week and since then I have never played it again.

The Xbox just doesn't cut it for me. I love PSN and the simple fact it's free, it will always win hands down. I love a free-be.

PS4 is going to be immense and I just can't wait to play Fifa again and beat everyone online like I use to.

Sigh both hardware is the same...

The games will be IDENTICAL you really think Dev studios are going to change artwork / textures? No, they will be from the same code base - this is just a 'badge' war - no more tech wars, nobody can afford it :) this is like Kellogs cornflakes vs xyz brand - same factory just different packaging (yes I worked in food industry and shock horror can confirm this is true)! Now work in games industry for 10 years :)

THE BEST NEWS IS THAT FINALLY x64 gaming is REALLY HERE :) we should have been x128 by now for sure - but I can't wait for x64 :)

Still pissed that neither console can support 4k resolution (except for movies/pics) - that's just stupid...

Oh well back to my dual card PC rig for some serious Ultra HD gaming (admittedly 10x price of console) :)

Off to E3 as well - so should be good to have a blast on the Xbox, my Dev kit PS4 ain't bad :)

Don't know where this "PS4 is way more powerful" bullshit is coming from.

The specs are nearly identical. PS4 has a very slight advantage just like with the PS3 over the 360. Games will likely look just about the same.

Don't know if you're referring to me, but I didn't say it's 'way more powerful' but it is superior in every department. RAM wise, GPU wise, Blu Ray type wise. Most games may look alike but just like the PS3, when it comes to Exclusives the Playstation thoroughly outperforms the Xbox graphically because it has more capabilities.

The biggest video game market in the world is here in the US where it's not about graphics alone but more about the services. That's why the 360 has destroyed the PS3 here because Xbox LIVE is so popular.

I don't know in what way the Xbox destroyed Playstation, because Microsoft had a one year head start on Sony and only managed to sell 200k more units, which is a bit pathetic. I'd also prefer free online (even if it's Hackable) then one you have to pay for.

There's a reason that the 360 versions of each Call of Duty vastly outsell the PS3 versions: Xbox LIVE.

The reason is because Xbox has about 2 exclusives as opposed to Playstation's 73838. Due to that, all Microsoft do is promote the hell out of Call of Duty and they've been doing that for years, even though it's a cross platform game...It has very little to do with Xbox live, which is full of screaming 12 year old COD fanboys.

It looks like a VHS player. It looks like my AV system. It looks like a DVR box.

What the fuck is it supposed to look like?

I'm just throwing this out there, but perhaps it's supposed to look like a console? The Playstation 4 will probably look like one. The previous generation consoles looked like consoles. Microsoft just screwed up here in terms of Aesthetics and Name (Especially the name...).

E3 is just around the corner. That'll be just about the games, whereas Sony still need to show the box off, show what it will be like to use and all the other boring shit that Microsoft got out of the way last night.

The thing is, Sony isn't like Microsoft. The console itself probably won't be ridiculous in various aspects and they won't mention 'TV, Sports or Call of Duty' every 2 sentences. It was only boring because Microsoft made it boring. It could have been so much better. I expect Sony to give Microsoft a master class and knock it out of the ball park.

@Clevemayer, thought you'd find this interesting.

PS4 seems to beat Xbox One hands down hardware wise.

xbox-one-playstation-4-specs.png

http://bgr.com/2013/05/22/xbox-one-vs-playstation-4-specs/

EDIT:

Also pretty sure PS4 is running at 2.0ghz CPU frequency, which is another plus over the Xbox One.

@Konohas- You get what you pay for with Xbox LIVE. Far superior to the free PSN.

And of those 78000 exclusives that Sony has, how many are worth playing?

I'm not even an Xbox fanboy as I've owned every Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft console. But I literally turn my PS3 on about two or three times a year for Uncharted and God of War. All 3rd party franchises like Call of Duty and sports games ect I buy in 360 like most people do.

Halo 4 probably outsold all of those PS3 exclusives last year combined.

@Konohas- You get what you pay for with Xbox LIVE. Far superior to the free PSN.

And of those 78000 exclusives that Sony has, how many are worth playing?

I'm not even an Xbox fanboy as I've owned every Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft console. But I literally turn my PS3 on about two or three times a year for Uncharted and God of War. All 3rd party franchises like Call of Duty and sports games ect I buy in 360 like most people do.

Halo 4 probably outsold all of those PS3 exclusives last year combined.

How many are worth playing? Most of them. What's worth playing on XBOX? Not much. How can most people buy 3rd party franchises on 360 if it only sold 200k more units? Are you assuming most people own both consoles? Kindly pull your head out of your ass because I've just disproved you with facts (Except the quality of exclusives, which is opinion based).

Oh really?

Oh boy! You'll get a barely noticeable graphical difference on the PS4. Just like with the PS3.

If you're a mainly a single player, offline, graphics whore get a PS4.

If you're a heavy online, competitive multiplayer gamer like myself and all of my friends get an Xbox One.

I'll get both eventually like I said.

How many are worth playing? Most of them. What's worth playing on XBOX? Not much. How can most people buy 3rd party franchises on 360 if it only sold 200k more units? Are you assuming most people own both consoles? Kindly pull your head out of your ass because I've just disproved you with facts (Except the quality of exclusives, which is opinion based).

Name ANY big 3rd party franchise and its sold MANY more on 360 than it did on PS3.

Name me 10 sick Sony exclusives and it comes down purely to opinion on whether they're worth playing or not. You'll say a bunch of them are, I won't.