David Beckham To Retire

Billy.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many sees Football as the main thing when they idolize players. They give equal amount of weightage to style, the girl the guy gets and all. Makes them over rated footballers for a rational mind.

Few great free kicks. Meh. Still overrated. Not to mention the over the top wages for that average amount of quality.

Frank didn't have to go money hunting to the USA like Beckham did because his ability was still good enough for the PL. Beckham's ability dropped, so off he went over the pond.

Lamps still doing it whilst Beckham wraps in, and another year for Frank at the top, top level.

What the crap?

Shall we have a quick recap? Beckham didn't leave the PL out of freewill, that was a choice Ferguson made (we all remember the flying boot & stitches). Out of respect for United he didn't join another Premier League club.. He instead went to Real Madrid. Real Madrid, the guys who aren't too bad you know. Then we went to the MLS and for the first time people took an interest in the sport and now it's quite the league. Then, he joined AC Milan. Again, they're not too shabby.. Won the Champions League couple of times, challenge for Serie A almost every season etc.

I have been reading your posts of late around here and I find myself actually thinking you offer nothing to this forum at all.

It's quite clear you are here to wind people up, being contentious and generally be the wasp that would not go away.

Do us all a favor and log off.

Summer is coming, so do the wasps I guess.

What the crap?

Shall we have a quick recap? Beckham didn't leave the PL out of freewill, that was a choice Ferguson made (we all remember the flying boot & stitches). Out of respect for United he didn't join another Premier League club.. He instead went to Real Madrid. Real Madrid, the guys who aren't too bad you know. Then we went to the MLS and for the first time people took an interest in the sport and now it's quite the league. Then, he joined AC Milan. Again, they're not too shabby.. Won the Champions League couple of times, challenge for Serie A almost every season etc.

Exactly.

Retired this year:

Ferguson

Beckham

Scholes

Van Bommel

Roberto Carlos

Owen

Petrov

Carragher.

Wtf! Roberto Carlos was still playing ?? I thought he was like 30 years old back in 99! Damn he was one hell of a player!

Fair play to him. He gets a lot of stick, but he is a model professional, and one of the greatest ambassadors of the game. He left the Premier league too early to really be considered a great in football terms. But for everything he has done of the pitch etc, he deserves a hell of a lot of credit.

I don't understand one thing, why was he chosen to become this megastar? What was so special about him? There is no footballer name more famous than his. Everybody knows brand Beckham, I even have his deodorant in my closet.