David Beckham To Retire

Billy.

Few reports that he is set to retire

Former England captain David Beckham to retire from football. http://livearticle.skysports.com/Event/Sky_Sports_Today_-_Thursday_May_16 #skysportstoday

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8716089/David-Beckham-announces-retirement-after-18-and-a-half-year-senior-career

Hated him at Man U LOved him else where great player

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most overrated footballer ever?

Quite possibly. The English media got a huge hard on everytime someone could hit a 50 yard cross field ball into someones feet.

When Beckham arrived it turned into the worlds biggest wank fest.

Lol... If Beckham is overrated, what does that make lampard.

I have been reading your posts of late around here and I find myself actually thinking you offer nothing to this forum at all.

It's quite clear you are here to wind people up, being contentious and generally be the wasp that would not go away.

Do us all a favor and log off.

I have been reading your posts of late around here and I find myself actually thinking you offer nothing to this forum at all.

It's quite clear you are here to wind people up, being contentious and generally be the wasp that would not go away.

Do us all a favor and log off.

lol... You call Beckham overrated, but lampard isn't....biased, eh?

Frank didn't have to go money hunting to the USA like Beckham did because his ability was still good enough for the PL. Beckham's ability dropped, so off he went over the pond.

Lamps still doing it whilst Beckham wraps in, and another year for Frank at the top, top level.

Beckham deserves a lot of respect for what he has done in football. The goal he scored against Greece to book our place (England) in the World Cup was magic. I celebrated that goal like I celebrated Ramires goal vs Barca last year. Yea he was abit of a sissy boy but let's face it, he is a humble and genuine person who brought an era of Adidas Preditors, the greatest football boot ever lol.

Frank didn't have to go money hunting to the USA like Beckham did because his ability was still good enough for the PL. Beckham's ability dropped, so off he went over the pond.

Lamps still doing it whilst Beckham wraps in, and another year for Frank at the top, top level.

Money hunting?

So, when your on your last contract, you should be playing for champs league and competition...

Also, he played on Milan as well so......

I

Still remember the time he got plenty of stick at the Bridge for his missus and her being a bit 'anal', and then scored right in front of the Shed and gave it all back. You've gotta respect that.

Then there's the goal that Craig Burley set up for him in the FA Cup semi at Villa Park. :rant:

The biggest star in football and still managed to write great Hollywood endings for himself. Up there with Frank as one of the best pros of his generation in regards his dedication to his sport. Not the most gifted footballer but very few players worked as hard as him on the pitch and off it.

Always thought he might do a stint at the Bridge too. Oh well....hopefully his kids have his work ethic.

How is Lampard overrated when no one outside of Chelsea really rates him and he's always disregarded as scoring only penalties and tap-ins but Beckham on the other hand is somehow universally rated as one of the greatest ever. Hell, even Steven fucking Gerrard is usually rated above Lampard despite there being absolutely nothing that suggests Gerrard is better. All about the media, whoever they decide to rate as a good player the whole world will think is a good player.

Lampard: 803 appereances with 243 goals and 205 assists in his club career while always playing in the Premier League. For England he has 95 caps and 28 goals.

Beckham: 389 appereances for Manchester United with 85 goals and 82 assists, then off to Real Madrid where he got 155 matches and scored 20 goals and got 33 assists in four years. At LA Galaxy I won't even bother counting his stats because they matter fuck all when he decided to ignore football and go print money in a weaker league in the States at the age of only 31. During those two loan stints at Milan he played a total of 29 games while scoring 2 goals and assisting 7. His club career total at top level amounts to 573 matches played, with 107 goals and 122 assists. For England he played 115 times and scored 17 goals.

Now tell me, which one has had the better career? Sure, Beckham got a couple more league titles to his name but tell me with a straight face that Frank Lampard wouldn't have achieved the same if he had played for Manchester United most of his career and I'll politely tell you to fuck off.