Mancini Sacked!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you actually looked at the Honors of both Managers?

Pellegrini has teams have won 7 trophies compared to Martinez's two. Are you speaking about just England?

If Pellegrini took charge of Wigan in the Premier League I dont think they would still be in the first division with an FA Cup, so for city and experienced PL manager would be better.

I guess Kenny Danglish > Pelligrini too.

Are you trying to teach something ? I didnt get your point, are you comparing Martinez's amazing work at Wigan with a has been manager ? Are you comparing someone who won the FA Cup with Wigan with someone who failed to secure four place with Liverpool ? I will say this all the time, for City, Pellegrini would be "a normal choice".They may compete next season, but they'll fail and fail in big competition.Oh and its Kenny Dalglish.

Am I the only one who fears that what will happen in the summer is Jose to CIty and Mancini to us?! Scary thought!

Oh, come on! Look at the things and analyze! More than half of the present Chelsea have said that want to play Mourinho and Jose is loved by the fans bla bla bla! Jose in his press conference himself said his friends know where he will be after Real Madrid when asked about fergie's retirement!! it all points to Jose coming back to the bridge. All we have to do now is wait for the announcement. Getting paranoid isn't gonna help! And i certainly don't expect you to get paranoid!

Oh, come on! Look at the things and analyze! More than half of the present Chelsea have said that want to play Mourinho and Jose is loved by the fans bla bla bla! Jose in his press conference himself said his friends know where he will be after Real Madrid when asked about fergie's retirement!! it all points to Jose coming back to the bridge. All we have to do now is wait for the announcement. Getting paranoid isn't gonna help! And i certainly don't expect you to get paranoid!

Choulo is a bit like that. When everyone's finding faults with Benitez, he's looking for positives. When everyone and their milkman thinks that Mourinho is coming to Chelsea, he is thinking Man City

If Pellegrini took charge of Wigan in the Premier League I dont think they would still be in the first division with an FA Cup, so for city and experienced PL manager would be better.

Are you trying to teach something ? I didnt get your point, are you comparing Martinez's amazing work at Wigan with a has been manager ? Are you comparing someone who won the FA Cup with Wigan with someone who failed to secure four place with Liverpool ? I will say this all the time, for City, Pellegrini would be "a normal choice".They may compete next season, but they'll fail and fail in big competition.Oh and its Kenny Dalglish.

Martinez's work is so amazing that Wigan have only managed a 29% win record.

He's survived a few relegation threats and just won the Fa Cup against a below-par City.

He's survived a few relegation threats and just won the Fa Cup against a below-par City.

I think its a matter of point of views, in my case, with Wigan, to say "just" an FA Cup, "just" against a "below par" Manchester City is.....crazy :clown: Survived you say? Its Wigan mate, cant do better with them.

That is a very biased point of view, City were in good form heading into the FA Cup final. Wigan played a very good game. You have to credit Martinez for that.

But I get your point. Martinez is hyped up even though his work at Wigan is strictly ordinary. You could say keeping them 17th every year should count as an acievement but why does everyone focus on 'late-season form' and ignore the first 2/3rds of the season?

I think its a matter of point of views, in my case, with Wigan, to say "just" an FA Cup, "just" against a "below par" Manchester City is.....crazy :clown: Survived you say? Its Wigan mate, cant do better with them.

They were promoted in 2005 and they never pushed towards top half of the table inspite of 7 seasons in the Premier League. Martinez came in 09, that's 4 years now and he's finished 16th 16th 15th and will finish 14th or lower this season. His league record is pretty ordinary for large parts of the season

Did you watch the Fa cup game?

Man city was horrible. I can imagine with all that negative buzz about Mancini being sacked, he didn't even prepare or care for the game since he knew his fate. You guys complain about Rafa's subs, did you see Mancini sub's???

Rodwell for Tevez? Starting hart over the giant, that has played in all your Fa Cup matches???

Also, as our posters mentioned, Martinez has been fighting relegation all these season and might be relegated this season, yet he is somehow better than Pelligrini. YEP!

You also failed to mention what happened in the Champions League that season.

He's a good manager and City have a good squad (although nowhere near as good as some people think it is) and they'll invest, but I'm happy with this change. If Mourinho comes then we're the favourites for the league in my opinion, and rightly so. We're a good team, with a deep squad if all our loan players come back and we make the right signings.

Personally I'm quite happy with the news about Pellegrini and Falcao over the last few days. Dodging bullets all over the shop.

And also, his Madrid somehow managed to get thrashed by a third division side Alcorcon 4-0 in the Copa Del Rey that season.

Did you watch the Fa cup game?

Man city was horrible. I can imagine with all that negative buzz about Mancini being sacked, he didn't even prepare or care for the game since he knew his fate. You guys complain about Rafa's subs, did you see Mancini sub's???

Rodwell for Tevez? Starting hart over the giant, that has played in all your Fa Cup matches???

Also, as our posters mentioned, Martinez has been fighting relegation all these season and might be relegated this season, yet he is somehow better than Pelligrini. YEP!

Future will tell us who was right, I dont think Pellegrini will ever win the title in England.

That is a very biased point of view, City were in good form heading into the FA Cup final. Wigan played a very good game. You have to credit Martinez for that.

Counter point : The Pellegrini rumours started on the day before the final, City players knew Mancini was offski and hence didn't bother turning up for the game.

Counter point : The Pellegrini rumours started on the day before the final, City players knew Mancini was offski and hence didn't bother turning up for the game.

Lot's of ifs and assumptions in that though. You just don't want to credit Wigan!

Not lots; just one. Pellegrini rumours were around much before they played, the players are bound to be in the know.

Ok, what about City players 'not turning up', isn't that another assumptoon?

Whatever the case, it was a trophy to win. I don't think they'd throw it away.