Chelsea v Man City

Jase

in last few years, we've played Man City with our backs to the wall. We've lost almost every game at the Etihad and even lost at the Bridge in 2010. I don't know why but City just overpower us. Not looking forward to this

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully we will beat them, but its gonna be tough. Probably the hardest opponent we could have in england, but if mata and hazard and cech are on top form, we can do it.

Absolutely, for me they are the best team in England when they are motivated.They have quality everywhere, the bench is strong, the experience is there, they have a good manager, not a top manager but a good one, and they have Yaya Toure. B)

They are favourite, for sure, they'll be more motivated than us, we'll still have plenty of objectives if we lose, their is to win the Cup.Even If i'm an optimistic person, I dont see us winning.

We need to have some huge bit of luck to win this. They are better than us in nearly every department, our maestros are almost useless against them due to their defenders' strength and pace. They got quite a number of players that can change a game on their own such as Nasri, Yaya, Tevez, Agüero. They got more rest than us and as already said they will be more motivated. Only aspects in our favour are the Wembley factor and the absence of David Silva.

Bayern vs juve.

Meaning Bayern's 4-2-3-1 beat Juve's 3-5-2's ass!

Considering when we had Mikel and Lampard there, they practically offered nothing to our attacking players in terms of possession and transition. Don't think Ramires in there would help at all

Hazard-------------------Mata

---------Oscar--Ramires----

---------------Mikel--------------

If we were to deploy a 4231, Luiz would suit better in the pivot for this one.

Like I said, it's not about who starts but more about the team's mentality in this game. I think we proved this season that when we have our best XI on the field with Mikel-Ramires in the pivot and Mata-Oscar-Hazard behind the striker, we can beat anyone.

So no bertrand for this one.It will be interesting who plays LB on sunday.

He might still be available for selection. Benitez said he and Ba trained today. Only Romeu, Cahill and Cole have been ruled out completely for this game.

Been to every Chelsea game in the FA Cup at Wembley since Boro and we've never lost. Hoping the streak doesn't end on Sunday.

I don't hate City but they've been the major problem for us in recent years, especially that c*nt Tevez.

Meaning Bayern's 4-2-3-1 beat Juve's 3-5-2's ass!

Like I said, it's not about who starts but more about the team's mentality in this game. I think we proved this season that when we have our best XI on the field with Mikel-Ramires in the pivot and Mata-Oscar-Hazard behind the striker, we can beat anyone.

Mentality means fuck all when we are deploying a tactic that is anticlimatic in regards to the style and fundamentals City will most definitely provide at Wembley, it's already have happened on two occasions this season both ending in defeats. Mikel and Ramires in the Pivot will not provide anything to our attacking players considering their lack of true holding midfielder abilities, how deep they are in comparison to our attackers, and the set up City will use against us that will most certainly not allow Mikel and Ramires to hold possession for that long without them passing side to side or back to Cech.

What's laughable is Luiz alone has that ability to be a defensive presence in the midfield, and can actually lead a transition when under pressure giving the amount of times he's played their this campaign. I would put him there if we were to even consider playing a 4231, a formation we shouldn't even use let alone against City imo.

Mentality means fuck all when we are deploying a tactic that is anticlimatic in regards to the style and fundamentals City will most definitely provide at Wembley, it's already have happened on two occasions this season both ending in defeats. Mikel and Ramires in the Pivot will not provide anything to our attacking players considering their lack of true holding midfielder abilities, how deep they are in comparison to our attackers, and the set up City will use against us that will most certainly not allow Mikel and Ramires to hold possession for that long without them passing side to side or back to Cech.

What's laughable is Luiz alone has that ability to be a defensive presence in the midfield, and can actually lead a transition when under pressure giving the amount of times he's played their this campaign. I would put him there if we were to even consider playing a 4231, a formation we shouldn't even use let alone against City imo.

Except we dominated City in the CS and were in the lead up until Iva got sent off. I read very similar posts to this before our matches against United, but the team came out and dominated them for 130 mins when we put our strongest team out.

Except we dominated City in the CS and were in the lead up until Iva got sent off. I read very similar posts to this before our matches against United, but the team came out and dominated them for 130 mins when we put our strongest team out.

We got the lead due to a scramble in the box from a corner, but we far from dominated.

We got the lead due to a scramble in the box from a corner, but we far from dominated.

Nop. We got the lead from after a normal build-up when Lamps (I think) played the ball over the City defense to Torres who controlled it in the box and finished it. It was one of Torres's best goals for us. And it was a deserved lead as well. We were definitely the better side in that first half.

Nop. We got the lead from a set play when Lamps (I think) played the ball over the City defense to Torres who controlled it in the box and finished it. It was one of Torres's best goals for us. And it was a deserved lead as well. We were definitely the better side in that first half.

Just watched it again. It was from open play and Torres actually did really well to get it in the back of the net...though that was before his Euro 12 form wore off.

Just watched it again. It was from open play and Torres actually did really well to get it in the back of the net...though that was before his Euro 12 form wore off.

Was it Lamps who played the pass? I tried to find the video but couldn't.