Atmosphere

What's wrong with our atmosphere on small games?

Every time after games like yesterday i read some comments on facebook from friends that the atmosphere is bad, not much singing, very silent etc..

Last year the Genk fans totally blow us away in the CL game at SB.. Our fans should take an example from them..

Is it a common thing in England or are we the only one? Are our fans spoild?

So sad imo, with a good atmosphere you can really push your team forward, or am i wrong..

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends how that prime steak is cooked.

There is something wrong at Stamford Bridge, one might say.

When it comes to boo Rafa which effects the whole team, the crowd is pretty vocal.

When it takes to support the team, hardly any chants are heard.

As @the only place to be put it in another thread, if you don't like the atmosphere, you can always buy tickets and go. It was a cold Thursday night in a crappy tournament against an uninteresting opposition. The tournament was vastly more important for Bucharest who have no hope in hell of ever winning the CL again but for us, we won the best club trophy in the world last year and we're expected to get excited by a glorified Intertoto Cup?

Yesterday, the home crowd, out-sung by the visiting fans early on too. Sorry but I find it very peculiar.

It happens at a lot of grounds. We go to the Emirates and sing 'Your Support is Fucking Shit' and six months later they come to the Bridge and do the same. It also applies to White Hart Lane, Old Trafford and numerous other stadiums. You can attribute that to pricing certain people out of games, people being spoilt or things like Benitez being charge but it's just one of the facts about modern football.

Bear in mind we are situated in a certain part of London that does have a unique demographic and our crowd will have it's own idiosyncrasies resulting from that.

It happens at a lot of grounds. We go to the Emirates and sing 'Your Support is Fucking Shit' and six months later they come to the Bridge and do the same. It also applies to White Hart Lane, Old Trafford and numerous other stadiums. You can attribute that to pricing certain people out of games, people being spoilt or things like Benitez being charge but it's just one of the facts about modern football.

Bear in mind we are situated in a certain part of London that does have a unique demographic and our crowd will have it's own idiosyncrasies resulting from that.

I thank you for tuning me in. However, I still believe approx. 28 thou at the game, last night. Atmosphere as on Sunday at the church. Why ?

I don't where it comes from the tension was lost, like I've said 3 or 4 years ago we've been the third loudest place in english football, and the two or three times I've been lucky enough to take part at the bridge have been brilliant, especially the shed end sitting so close to the opponents and that older guys from times before haveing a go at the opponents literally the whole game was wonderfull and the MHS was rocking the other time but this was against arsenal.

So I don't know why but the fans have to get behind the team more this is as clear as daylight...

I don't want to end like Bayern Munich... this is worse then church normally, you could see that at the UCL-Final...

I am a home and an away season ticket holder (I say that only to show the basis for my views), I can tell you from experience that 'atmospheres' for home supporters have dulled at almost every PL ground I've been to.

There are exceptions Stoke used to make a good noise, they've gone quieter now they've been in the PL a few seasons now. Swansea has been probably the best this and last season, we'll see if the same happens to them.

Never, ever believe the hyperbole around the atmospheres at grounds like Anfield, Newcastle, Man Utd - They're quieter than us most of the time. Then factor in the TV companies tend to put their mikes near away fans because they generally make more noise and it hypes the atmosphere to the TV viewers.

It's the dynamic, more 'visitors' and less supporters I'm afraid and additionally with us the whole scenario with TFSW and the people who appointed him. Having said that we barely get a squeak of noise from the West Stand, a little more from the East with the MH and half to three-quarters of the Shed (which isn't the biggest of stands anyway) making most of the noise.

As to the EL, I wasn't going until Tuesday night, I had decided not to give the club any more of my money than I was already committed to due to TFSW factor, however I thought it had the chance to be a good game and it was. On reflection I perhaps was being a bit 'snobbish' and I will probably go again. I'd urge others who have the chance to go, to attend, it was sad to see only 28'000 there. If we do get to Amsterdam there'll be plenty wanting tickets who hadn't gone to EL games - Slightly Hypocritical?

If I may ask. Are the tickets the same as for PL games ?

If these tickets are priced the same, then my question. Why not lower the price ?

£30 for last night. Same for FA Cup and Capital One Cup. So to be fair, the club have kept the prices at a lower level, perhaps they need to do more? Let's U18's in for £10, U16's £5 with an adult?

I'm not completely sure but the cheapest ticket for a game against a Wigan or Southampton is around the £45 mark, this rises for games against the supposed better teams i.e. Man Utd/City, Arsenal, S***s, L'pool and the London derbies.

However you can pay upwards of £80 for some seats at some games.

My season tickets are about £700 each and that covers the 19 home PL games only.

£30 for last night. Same for FA Cup and Capital One Cup. So to be fair, the club have kept the prices at a lower level, perhaps they need to do more? Let's U18's in for £10, U16's £5 with an adult?

I'm not completely sure but the cheapest ticket for a game against a Wigan or Southampton is around the £45 mark, this rises for games against the supposed better teams i.e. Man Utd/City, Arsenal, S***s, L'pool and the London derbies.

However you can pay upwards of £80 for some seats at some games.

My season tickets are about £700 each and that covers the 19 home PL games only.

lucky guy, you are. Since I have to fly in to London for any game, my cost comes up to over 400 € per game. Accommodation, airfare, brewskies included. Somehow, I managed 2-3 games per season.

lucky guy, you are. Since I have to fly in to London for any game, my cost comes up to over 400 € per game. Accommodation, airfare, brewskies included. Somehow, I managed 2-3 games per season.

No, you do well.

Perhaps now you see why I need the £10m pesos. B)

I noticed that most of these clubs that seem to have a very electric atmosphere have three or four guys conducting the crowd. I seem to remember a guy with a Megaphone starting the chants. Why don't we get a few guys together and start something similar.

I don't want to call them cheerleaders but maybe some chant starters.